Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Thread: 07/2019 - Sosua update, I am a Newbi but not New to the Game

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

Re: 07/2019 - Sosua update, I am a Newbi but not New to the Game

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Not burned out at all.

The clubs of Puerto Plata are all gone. We would go a few times every trip.

Franks Place came and went.

The shacks where you could get some interesting chicas in POP, gone.

Passions came and went.

If I had to come up with a word, Bored, not burned out. Sosua is a very boring place for me.

Its like trying to explain to younger NY guys that back in the 1990's, you can go out and see 1,000 girls walking around 10 different zones in NYC. Today, if there are 5 out, that would be a very big night.

I tend to get bored in Sosua as well now but I don't stay more than a week anymore.

Last trip I did a combo of 5 days in Negril and 5 days in Sosua.

it worked out pretty good

I might throw up a trip report about it at some point but did some different things in Sosua that I have not done in awhile like a trip to the country and spent some time at the River a locals type of place and hung out in Charmicos to.

Been finding some great chicas online that live in the area but don't really frequent the strip to much so it keeps me interested.

There is no shortage of chicas there
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    I tend to get bored in Sosua as well now but I don't stay more than a week anymore.

Last trip I did a combo of 5 days in Negril and 5 days in Sosua.

it worked out pretty good

I might throw up a trip report about it at some point but did some different things in Sosua that I have not done in awhile like a trip to the country and spent some time at the River a locals type of place and hung out in Charmicos to.

Been finding some great chicas online that live in the area but don't really frequent the strip to much so it keeps me interested.

There is no shortage of chicas there

I prefer places that I can go to for 14 days straight and not get bored. I prefer walking up to chicas and talking. Everyone wants something different.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    I prefer places that I can go to for 14 days straight and not get bored. I prefer walking up to chicas and talking. Everyone wants something different.

The only way i would do 14 days in the DR anymore is if I was going more than one place. I would get bored in Boca to 14 days straight but at least there you can easily go to Santo Domingo if you want.

Even 14 days in Negril is to long for me.

I might do the combo Negril and Sosua trip again over 2 weeks. I also have some interest in going to Kingston

Now when I go to Thailand it will always be at least 2 weeks.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The only way i would do 14 days in the DR anymore is if I was going more than one place. I would get bored in Boca to 14 days straight but at least there you can easily go to Santo Domingo if you want.

Even 14 days in Negril is to long for me.

I might do the combo Negril and Sosua trip again over 2 weeks. I also have some interest in going to Kingston

Now when I go to Thailand it will always be at least 2 weeks.

I do 8-9 days in Boca with a sidetrip to the Capital.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,153 Times in 167 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by captain69 View Post
    Hey Tex,
    Another good and inexpensive choice is the Piergeorgio Hotel. About 40 USD per nite with breakfast. Worth a look.
    Thank you Captain! About all I have left to decide at this point is the place to stay!

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to texcowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Does anyone have recent experience at PIERGIORGIO Hotel? Reviews said it was closed in 2018 from the Hurricane.. Some said it was in near of major repairs..
    Just wondered what you guys were thinking. Location looks super legit and walking distance to Sousa Beach.
    Is it Chica Friendly?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to texcowboy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by texcowboy View Post
    Does anyone have recent experience at PIERGIORGIO Hotel? Reviews said it was closed in 2018 from the Hurricane.. Some said it was in near of major repairs..
    Just wondered what you guys were thinking. Location looks super legit and walking distance to Sousa Beach.
    Is it Chica Friendly?

Everyplace is walking distance to the beach.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks Jimmy for answering one of my 3 questions.. I kind already figured out that Sousa is a very small town, and all hotels are close..
    Maybe since you have not been to Sousa since 2007 you should let others who have been more recently actually respond to my questions. We can ask you about matters that involve Boca..

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to texcowboy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Maybe just book a hotel for a night or two, then if you like it, stay. If not, you'll have time to check out other hotels. It's low season, so you shouldn't have a problem finding a couple dozen hotels with a vacancy. I'm getting the idea that you're thinking "first world" hotel in a "third world" country. You're wanting to take a taxi from Santiago right from the airport, arriving in Sosua in the middle of the night. These places don't have people on staff at that time to check you in. Usually only security guards. If this is the way you're going to do it, you'll need to specify with the hotel what time you're arriving and see if they can accommodate you.

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Thanks Jimmy for answering one of my 3 questions.. I kind already figured out that Sousa is a very small town, and all hotels are close..
    Maybe since you have not been to Sousa since 2007 you should let others who have been more recently actually respond to my questions. We can ask you about matters that involve Boca..

I like tex already!!!

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    Maybe just book a hotel for a night or two, then if you like it, stay. If not, you'll have time to check out other hotels. It's low season, so you shouldn't have a problem finding a couple dozen hotels with a vacancy. I'm getting the idea that you're thinking "first world" hotel in a "third world" country. You're wanting to take a taxi from Santiago right from the airport, arriving in Sosua in the middle of the night. These places don't have people on staff at that time to check you in. Usually only security guards. If this is the way you're going to do it, you'll need to specify with the hotel what time you're arriving and see if they can accommodate you.
    I was thinking the same about the same thing!
    Thanks,

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to texcowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 53,118 Times in 6,021 Posts

Sosua Inn is a good choice if you don't mind spending a little more. It's a great location right behind Baileys.
    New Garden, also a good location for new people in town.
    Terra Linda, some here don't like it as they tend to not cater to mongers, but it's chica friendly and great location.
    Sosua suites condos is my choice of places, mostly because I've become good friends with Kelsey, but it's right on top of the action.
    We don't catch feelings, we catch flights.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tarzan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Is it Chica Friendly?

I believe it was heavily damaged in that storm.

My understanding is that it is now under new management but needs some major renovations.

The pictures pretty much show the place is old.

And the most recent reviews are not all that good. You can go check it out when you are there but if it was me I would steer clear of the place for this trip.

It might look like it is on the water which technically it is but there is no real beach there and its a longer walk to the strip than some other places

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I believe it was heavily damaged in that storm.

My understanding is that it is now under new management but needs some major renovations.

The pictures pretty much show the place is old.

And the most recent reviews are not all that good. You can go check it out when you are there but if it was me I would steer clear of the place for this trip.

It might look like it is on the water which technically it is but there is no real beach there and its a longer walk to the strip than some other places
    JD always on point!

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to texcowboy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 76,190 Times in 8,046 Posts

I am a little late to this conversation but:

i have been to both Boca and the Su and many of the members here have.

IMOA

Take Hunters advise

If if you are flying into Santiago there is absolutely no reason to go to Boca Chica. If you were flying into The Capital then yes. Check out BC and the head to the Su.

Especially for a first timer in DR. Go to Sosua and hang out on Sosua Beach all day and the strip at night. You and your “old man friend” will find all you want. Big and small. I am a Flacco lover and have no problems in the Su. Day or night.

Check out mine and XXX reports. As resent as January. We reported from both Boca and the Su that trip

Find a nice House or Villa walking distance to the beach and the strip and have fun!
    If she is alive, she will fuck.

30. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,260 Times in 11,768 Posts

What Hunter said, and Tiger, too.

And honestly, as Minkyboodle said a couple of pages up, start with a night or two at Blackbeard's.

You've said from the start that your friend is new to the Monger Games. I think it would help him if he could start out at a relaxed, semi-private, resort-like place with a good kitchen and a couple of good bars, where the girls are all vetted and approved, the prices are defined, and the chances of drama and misunderstandings are minimized by the management. It's a fun place, and some of us say it's "the petting zoo" next to the "jungle" of Sosua.

My first visit to the DR was direct to Blackbeard's. I had a great time, and I definitely recommend it.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,205 Times in 1,563 Posts

Just checked Hotels.com prices ranging from $38 cad & up for those days in August in Sosua
    New Garden is $58 cad great location... just saying
    Just another monger!!
    BBCode

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Citynights For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,355 Times in 2,669 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    What Hunter said, and Tiger, too.

And honestly, as Minkyboodle said a couple of pages up, start with a night or two at Blackbeard's.

You've said from the start that your friend is new to the Monger Games. I think it would help him if he could start out at a relaxed, semi-private, resort-like place with a good kitchen and a couple of good bars, where the girls are all vetted and approved, the prices are defined, and the chances of drama and misunderstandings are minimized by the management. It's a fun place, and some of us say it's "the petting zoo" next to the "jungle" of Sosua.

My first visit to the DR was direct to Blackbeard's. I had a great time, and I definitely recommend it.
    I have only been to blackbeards once, for an afternoon, so cant say what it is really like, but if you are starting your trip on august 21, that is a wednesday, and right now it will be fairly slow in Sosua until Friday. Blackbeards sounds like a good wednesday - thursday night option. There is a pretty nice beach there too. And it is maybe 3/4 way(?) Between Santiago and Sosua

Edit: I suspect that blackbeards could even arrange to have one of the taxis that they know pick you up and drive you to the hotel. Thereby reducing some confusion and increasing your safety for your first trip inside the country. Dont know if there is extra cost to that though.

36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    I am a little late to this conversation but:

i have been to both Boca and the Su and many of the members here have.

IMOA

Take Hunters advise

If if you are flying into Santiago there is absolutely no reason to go to Boca Chica. If you were flying into The Capital then yes. Check out BC and the head to the Su.

Especially for a first timer in DR. Go to Sosua and hang out on Sosua Beach all day and the strip at night. You and your “old man friend” will find all you want. Big and small. I am a Flacco lover and have no problems in the Su. Day or night.

Check out mine and XXX reports. As resent as January. We reported from both Boca and the Su that trip

Find a nice House or Villa walking distance to the beach and the strip and have fun!
    We he have decided on going to Sousa for sure. Thanks Tiger.. No Boca on this trip..We will stay at either New Garden, Sousa Inn or Sousa Condos. Probably early in the week as EZSMILE said we will stay at BlackBeards at least once.. Thanks again for your input as it is greatly appreciated..

38. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to texcowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Now for the most important question..I have been doing some reading through various TR's and wanted to make sure that my calculations are accurate.
    What is the going rate (in this decade of course) for ST and Leche? I realize that Blackbeard's have set prices and just wondered what they might be also... I did sign up for the monthly newsletter but have not received anything from them as of yet..
    Thank you,
    Texas

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to texcowboy For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Thread Information