Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Thread: 07/2019 - Current situation in Sosua

Thanks
    Thanked 8,340 Times in 1,266 Posts

Re: 07/2019 - Current situation in Sosua

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    The Cheers Bar Sousa popped up on Facebook. Looks like it is on the corner of Pedro Clisante and Dr Rosen.

The webpage said it has been there a while but I don't remember it. The map makes it look like it is right on the corner. Kitty corner from the Cigar Bar.

Pics look nice..........

Still there?
    The Cheers Bar is East of Hotel Europa (150 yrds) on Pedro Clisante....
    “I don’t know the question, but sex is definitely the answer.”

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

The Cheers Bar Sousa popped up on Facebook. Looks like it is on the corner of Pedro Clisante and Dr Rosen.

The webpage said it has been there a while but I don't remember it. The map makes it look like it is right on the corner. Kitty corner from the Cigar Bar.

Pics look nice..........

Still there?

That bar has been there for awhile but it keeps changing names and I assume different owners.

But it is not at PC and DR Rosen it is on Pedro Clisante just after the road where you would go to Bay City Condos.

They serve decent food and it's a pretty fun place to chill out. They should do ok there
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

From all accounts High Caribe just not taking off - crickets...

The Haitian girls not going there....strange...think they would have taken to the place. Guess time will tell and could change.

Reports of Haitians in Ahhvee so guess they going there. That High Caribe seems to be jinxed from 20 years ago when it was the bomb...

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    That High Caribe seems to be jinxed from 20 years ago when it was the bomb...

The good ole days

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

Yes, I was surprised by the number of Haitians in that place. Many more than could be found in Clásicos or Merengue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    From all accounts High Caribe just not taking off - crickets...

The Haitian girls not going there....strange...think they would have taken to the place. Guess time will tell and could change.

Reports of Haitians in Ahhvee so guess they going there. That High Caribe seems to be jinxed from 20 years ago when it was the bomb...

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,340 Times in 1,266 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    Yes, I was surprised by the number of Haitians in that place. Many more than could be found in Clásicos or Merengue.
    I think when High Caribe can attract many of the local expats (like City Lights, & R. Tipico did), then I think you will see larger #s of Haitian chicas there. If not and with high season approaching, live local groups would definitely be very successful for the area.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 76,190 Times in 8,046 Posts

Pics look nice..........

Still there?
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder View Post
    The Cheers Bar is East of Hotel Europa (150 yrds) on Pedro Clisante....
    Got it.

The website made it look like it was right across the street from Rumbas. I thought maybe something finally happened in the big pink building on the corner.

I will check it out.
    If she is alive, she will fuck.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 1,078 Posts

Easiest way to find it is to listen for really bad karaoke......

Got it.

The website made it look like it was right across the street from Rumbas. I thought maybe something finally happened in the big pink building on the corner.

I will check it out.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,254 Times in 7,381 Posts

Got it.

I will check it out.
    Nice bar, decent prices and when I was there last year, they had a guy who cooked some delicious Jamaican food.

I plan to stop in a few times when in town next month.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,350 Times in 2,668 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    Nice bar, decent prices and when I was there last year, they had a guy who cooked some delicious Jamaican food.

I plan to stop in a few times when in town next month.
    I think that is the guy known as Chef Brian. When I was there last, in mid October, he was doing the kitchen at Plan B. But then he was splitting off from there and moving somewhere else. I was told his new place was going to be in the blue building beside City/Sosua Lights, which had housed the Belgian Bakery for a while.

I don't know if he did move there or not. there was also something about the old Shark Bar-then-Irish Bar (Finn mccool?)Seems he is on the beach now, at #97? Look up Chef Brian Rattray on fb.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Got it.

I will check it out.
    The chinese took over the pink building and it is one of three places selling all kinds of low end stuff the old dlatin was taken over for the same type of store

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,791 Times in 353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ezsmile View Post
    I think that is the guy known as Chef Brian. When I was there last, in mid October, he was doing the kitchen at Plan B. But then he was splitting off from there and moving somewhere else. I was told his new place was going to be in the blue building beside City/Sosua Lights, which had housed the Belgian Bakery for a while.

I don't know if he did move there or not. there was also something about the old Shark Bar-then-Irish Bar (Finn mccool?)Seems he is on the beach now, at #97? Look up Chef Brian Rattray on fb.
    Chef Brian does not own any of these places. Both the old Finn McKools (sp?) and the place on the beach are owned by a couple of nice guys looking to get a few restaurants going in town. Chef Brian is "consulting" for them,Brian is a great chef but his personality gets in his way a lot and he has gone from job to job to job.
    The guys that own these two locations originally offered to buy Midtown but the owner of the hotel,Midtown's landlord, refused to give these guys a lease because they are African American,what a scumbag. Any of you guys that stay at Las Palmeras hotel should take that into consideration before staying there. This is first hand knowledge I assure you.

24. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to quietcorner911 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So McCools isn't at the old Shark Bar location anymore? If he relocated to the beach, I'll have to pay him a visit. But I really enjoyed that place last year where it was. Irie (RIP) told me his bar was one of his "chill out" spots after leaving the restaurant at night.

See ya soon.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks

So McCools isn't at the old Shark Bar location anymore? If he relocated to the beach, I'll have to pay him a visit. But I really enjoyed that place last year where it was. Irie (RIP) told me his bar was one of his "chill out" spots after leaving the restaurant at night.

See ya soon.
    Frank shut it down, and McCools became no more, finito, kaput. As of mid October anyway. Don't know if anyone reopened it or changed it to something else.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,791 Times in 353 Posts

Frank shut it down, and McCools became no more, finito, kaput. As of mid October anyway. Don't know if anyone reopened it or changed it to something else.
    The guys that own the beach bar where Brian is also bought McKools and are renovating it.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to quietcorner911 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 290 Posts

See ya soon.
    The Shark bar. Now there’s was a place I used to go when I wanted a good old burger and fries. Thought it was pricey but never the less enjoyed hanging in there and shooting the breeze with Lou. It brings tears to my eyes when I reminisce on what Sosua use to be.
    Does anyone know what’s Lou up to these days???

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,640 Times in 598 Posts

Chez Montreal has reopened and word is Merenge / Classico is moving to the After One Disco.....They were moving furniture today.

34. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to daddyooo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daddyooo View Post
    Chez Montreal has reopened and word is Merenge / Classico is moving to the After One Disco.....They were moving furniture today.
    If thats true, then you'll have a double bill of the new location with Rumba at the old Morai Mai, or however it's spelt, and Meregue/Classico a minute or so down the street, and at the far east end of the street, the old City Lights in the Caribe Disco location.

And a vast stretch of arid desert populated by the occasional oasis of small bars in between?

The motoconcho guys will reap a fortune in transporting folks from end to end and back again.

Maybe the powers that be should just install a zip line from end to end of PC. Charge 100 pesos per person. City Hall will be rolling in dough!

36. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,159 Times in 5,854 Posts

or a cable car, so you can run a 'mile high' club
    ‘Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all’

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daddyooo View Post
    The more things change the more they stay the same.

40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Thread Information