Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22293031323334 LastLast

Thread: 07/2019 - Current situation in Sosua

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Re: 07/2019 - Current situation in Sosua

As far as Sosua is concerned.

Once restrictions have been lifted, places will be allowed to open again and it won't take very long to get them open

The places on the beach will open the next day and so will the majority of bars once the government allows it to happen.

Summers are typically not all that busy there anyway except for the weekends every now and than

I can see why those that live there wouldn't be to concerned if things return to as they were since most don't operate in the same manner as the travel monger does.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,129 Times in 9,453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Si_Poppi View Post
    Where did you get this from?

The state of emergency in the DR has been extended to May 25.
    May 25th wasn't approved.

Last week, the Pres asked for an extension to May 25th and the Senate approved it. The request then passed to the Chamber of Deputies for final approval. The Deps voted two days ago and only approved a 17 day extension.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,129 Times in 9,453 Posts

And I know of a few Hotels that aren't opening until August at the earliest. And that's regardless of when the emergency is lifted.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    And I know of a few Hotels that aren't opening until August at the earliest. And that's regardless of when the emergency is lifted.
    They probably won't need to open.

I would bet a normal low season sees less than 50% occupancy anyway and probably less than 25% during the week so Sosua doesn't need every place open.

Gonna be hard to keep the condo hotels closed but perhaps they will limit it to the ownership.

So many places are going to be hurting for revenue and money is a powerful encouragement especially since I doubt any of these hotel owners have ever endured any kind of prolonged shut down before.

International travel is likely to be somewhat of a hassle for awhile anyway

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 1,165 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    Only hotels with low overhead would bother to open right away.

If the state of emergency is scheduled to end May 17, there is no way restaurants and bars are scheduled to reopen in November.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Si_Poppi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,134 Times in 303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    As far as Sosua is concerned.

Once restrictions have been lifted, places will be allowed to open again and it won't take very long to get them open

The places on the beach will open the next day and so will the majority of bars once the government allows it to happen.

Summers are typically not all that busy there anyway except for the weekends every now and than

I can see why those that live there wouldn't be to concerned if things return to as they were since most don't operate in the same manner as the travel monger does.

Actually that's not correct. There's a 4 stage program in place for when things can open again. I have the PDF that the government released late last week. It was posted on DR1. Bars are the last thing to open.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sopranostingray For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sopranostingray View Post
    Actually that's not correct. There's a 4 stage program in place for when things can open again. I have the PDF that the government released late last week. It was posted on DR1. Bars are the last thing to open.
    So post the PDF for us to see.

Along with the government order formally approving it.

There might be some recommendations out there by someone but I find it hard to believe they are anything formalized at this point because of so many unknowns.

I believe the government in the DR is currently in the process of limiting the duration of some of the restrictions the President attempted to put in place.

I think it was pushed out 25 days to May 25 but could have been over-ridden and limited to 15-17 days or something like that

https://dominicantoday.com/dr/covid-...n-for-25-days/

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Bars and restaurants aren't scheduled to reopen until november and that's only if the virus starts to diminish.
    They were struggling to survive before Covid.
    There will be nothing left to reopen in November.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Si_Poppi For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Looks like you gotta stay home next week Cam

https://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=5887&article=1

Puerto Plata quarantined for 7 days

The authorities in Santo Domingo, as well as Puerto Plata, have been very shocked at the arrival of the 'pilgrim' with the wooden cross on the malecón of Puerto Plata last Sunday. Several thousand residents of the port city were gathered there to witness the arrival of this pilgrim. There is much criticism of the newly appointed mayor Roquelín García of Puerto Plata.

The mayor met the pilgrim on Sunday afternoon and accompanied him to the Catholic church on the town hall square.
    There the pilgrim was received by the priests. The authorities fear that many have now been infected by the coronavirus.
    As a result Puerto Plata will be quarantined for 7 days from Tuesday 28 April.
    This means that the city may not be visited and that the residents may not leave the city. Only transport of food and other essential goods is allowed.
    Mayor Willy Olivences of Sosúa has announced that because of the danger of corona contamination, the pilgrim is not welcome in Sosúa.
    Other well-known residents of Sosúa call the pilgrim a charlatan who endangers the health of the population through his actions.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

They were struggling to survive before Covid.
    There will be nothing left to reopen in November.

Sometimes its better to just start over.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

So post the PDF for us to see.

Along with the government order formally approving it.

There might be some recommendations out there by someone but I find it hard to believe they are anything formalized at this point because of so many unknowns.

I believe the government in the DR is currently in the process of limiting the duration of some of the restrictions the President attempted to put in place.

I think it was pushed out 25 days to May 25 but could have been over-ridden and limited to 15-17 days or something like that

https://dominicantoday.com/dr/covid-...n-for-25-days/
    Announced today...

https://m.diariolibre.com/economia/e...ayo-BE18586373

The stages of the plan are on www.meypd.gov.do

Thread also on DR1

Bars and clubs not open til September

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

Looks like you gotta stay home next week Cam

https://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=5887&article=1

The authorities in Santo Domingo, as well as Puerto Plata, have been very shocked at the arrival of the 'pilgrim' with the wooden cross on the malecón of Puerto Plata last Sunday. Several thousand residents of the port city were gathered there to witness the arrival of this pilgrim. There is much criticism of the newly appointed mayor Roquelín García of Puerto Plata.

Click to see pic

The mayor met the pilgrim on Sunday afternoon and accompanied him to the Catholic church on the town hall square.
    There the pilgrim was received by the priests. The authorities fear that many have now been infected by the coronavirus.
    As a result Puerto Plata will be quarantined for 7 days from Tuesday 28 April.
    This means that the city may not be visited and that the residents may not leave the city. Only transport of food and other essential goods is allowed.
    Mayor Willy Olivences of Sosúa has announced that because of the danger of corona contamination, the pilgrim is not welcome in Sosúa.
    Other well-known residents of Sosúa call the pilgrim a charlatan who endangers the health of the population through his actions.

I building a Puerto Plata crew, I just order in. I don't see myself traveling to Santo Domingo for a looooooong time to come.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post
    There will be riots soon.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Si_Poppi For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post
    Announced today...

https://m.diariolibre.com/economia/e...ayo-BE18586373

The stages of the plan are on www.meypd.gov.do

Thread also on DR1

You posted a dead link

The other is just a proposal by what is essentially a planning commission

It is nothing that has been put into effect yet.

Besides that the DR is notorious for saying one thing and doing another

From the link you posted that works.
    5-1-2020
    The Ministry of Economy, Planning and Development has been meeting with various productive sectors to socialize their plans for the gradual opening of economic activities disrupted by COVID-19.
    In its edition of last Monday Diario Libre published the details of this opening plan that includes five phases.
    According to sources, the plan would be officially announced next week.

This week in an interview for Diario Libre, the economy minister, Juan Ariel Jiménez, confirmed that the plan was being worked on, and clarified that the Dominican economy was not completely closed.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Here are the suggested 5 stages to reopening once the state of emergency is lifted. The dates on these documents were created prior to the new state of emergency being set, so 17 days should be added to each date. Although not approved, this is basically the way it's going to happen. The country will not be reopening all at once as some people may think. I had originally said November for bars and restaurants to reopen, but it's actually October at this point.
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to sopranostingray For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Here are the suggested 5 stages to reopening once the state of emergency is lifted. The dates on these documents were created prior to the new state of emergency being set, so 17 days should be added to each date. Although not approved, this is basically the way it's going to happen. The country will not be reopening all at once as some people may think. I had originally said November for bars and restaurants to reopen, but it's actually October at this point.
    Restaurants are stage 4, August 10.

I don`t think it makes sense to assign dates so far in advance without seeing the results of the stages.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Si_Poppi For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Restaurants are stage 4, August 10.

I don`t think it makes sense to assign dates so far in advance without seeing the results of the stages.

Yes, sorry stage 4 for restaurants. Stage 5 shows bars and Discos. Without assigning dates to all stages, they would piss some businesses off. This is sure to change, but it shows the direction they are going in. High season doesn't start until December these days, so timing is fine.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sopranostingray For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Yes, sorry stage 4 for restaurants. Stage 5 shows bars and Discos. Without assigning dates to all stages, they would piss some businesses off. This is sure to change, but it shows the direction they are going in. High season doesn't start until December these days, so timing is fine.
    But that is when the 2nd rona wave is gonna hit

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The timing is fine if they don`t get evicted and starve.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Si_Poppi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

To start, I'd be happy to be able to go to the gym and just be able to go to the supermarket or for carry out a little bit later. I'll take the gym and an 8PM curgew as a slow re-opening. The gym won't be that crowded as it was not for the last several months before the shut downs.
    Me gusta mujeres mas oscuro que yo.

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thread Information