Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast

Thread: 07/2019 - Current situation in Sosua

Thanks
    Thanked 31,159 Times in 5,854 Posts

Re: 07/2019 - Current situation in Sosua

Quote Originally Posted by sopranostingray View Post
    Well first off, it is 7 businesses that got closed, not 11. What do you mean rumours? What information are you looking for? Monreal got shut down by mistake and are now reopened. Kings has moved to the old Morua Mai location, City Lights moved to High Caribbean, Clasico moved to the After One location, Bourbon moved to Ahnvee, Bar Central can be entered by the side door in the bakery and Blue Ice is still closed. The locations of the businesses that moved are vacant. So what's the rumour?
    Thank you, good post.

What was the legal reason to shut down these 7 locations?

Is Clasico at After One full to the same extent as at previous location? What are the hours?

City Lights in HC does not yet work as before as I understand

Ahnwee (Envy) was reported to be shut down today because of some sort of a conflict between the chicas

Once Bar Central was full of Haitians, is it still now?

OK at Montreal they spent a lot for that location; how come they were shut down 'by mistake'? What does it mean? Honestly?

Only Merengue and Clasico were making a lot of money, do you think they have to just shut up?

Legally, what's the difference between Morua Mai location and the previous one?

What will happen to vacant business locations? Who owns them exactly?

What has happened to the leases in each case?

When we know clearly what is going on for each of those 7 then we can see the whole picture.

For example, as I understand Bar Central is not a bar at all, but Hotel Central and that's why it was not shut down.

Why Bourbon was shut down? - I completely don't get it. What's the difference between Morua Mai and Bourbon locations?
    ‘Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all’

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,159 Times in 5,854 Posts

Now I see the article in sosuanews that Rumba will be open soon...

So... Will Morua Mai place will continue?

All I need is the same 300 Spartans midnight pussy parade, be it in After One or High Caribbean or Rumba or wherever girls feel confident the can show up

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,340 Times in 1,266 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by questner View Post
    Now I see the article in sosuanews that Rumba will be open soon...

So... Will Morua Mai place will continue?

All I need is the same 300 Spartans midnight pussy parade, be it in After One or High Caribbean or Rumba or wherever girls feel confident the can show up

Devree (Kings/Rumba) smart enough to have bookend Restaurants/ Sports Bars on PC.

Like everything else in the DR, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Now just need El Flow to reopen across the street, and life will be good again
    Last edited by steviewonder; 12-27-2019 at 10:25 PM.
    “I don’t know the question, but sex is definitely the answer.”

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,129 Times in 9,453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder View Post
    Devree (Kings/Rumba) smart enough to have bookend Restaurants/ Sports Bars on PC.

Like everything else in the DR, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Now just need El Flow to reopen across the street, and life will be good again
    I hope you're right because there's a significant amount of Hoes and Mongers that don't frequent classico, rumba, city lights, etc...… And they won't be frequenting Ahnvee as well. So when all these changes are made and the smoke clears, I hope there will be a place for them at the table of this new Sosua.

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    I hope you're right because there's a significant amount of Hoes and Mongers that don't frequent classico, rumba, city lights, etc...… And they won't be frequenting Ahnvee as well. So when all these changes are made and the smoke clears, I hope there will be a place for them at the table of this new Sosua.
    The venues have changed, but the hoes are still there. It’s going to take a few months for things to shake out. I think we wont know what the new normal is until after the holidays are done.

Thanks
    Thanked 51,254 Times in 7,381 Posts

While sitting at a sidewalk table at the new Matteos, the old Britannia, a bald guy with a woman and young boy asked to sit down at my table as the others were full. I said sure, it turned out to be this Mr T fellow who is doing these videos being posted. We talked until the dinner orders arrived and he was mentioning to me much of what is being discussed here. Said he's been there for about 12 years and has made many videos about the Sosua scene. I never heard of the guy before but he handed me his card with his contact info, asked me to watch some of his stuff and comment on it if I wanted.

Seemed like a nice enough bloke.

Incidentally, if you are hungry, I highly recommend the double bacon cheeseburger at Matteos. 345 pesos on the menu and worth every peso. I couldn't finish the fries and didn't eat again until the next afternoon at Flip Flop.

Hope Matteo can make a go of it there even though he is a New England Patriots fan.

With delicious food like that burger, I can forgive such transgressions.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 76,190 Times in 8,046 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    While sitting at a sidewalk table at the new Matteos, the old Britannia, a bald guy with a woman and young boy asked to sit down at my table as the others were full. I said sure, it turned out to be this Mr T fellow who is doing these videos being posted. We talked until the dinner orders arrived and he was mentioning to me much of what is being discussed here. Said he's been there for about 12 years and has made many videos about the Sosua scene. I never heard of the guy before but he handed me his card with his contact info, asked me to watch some of his stuff and comment on it if I wanted.

Incidentally, if you are hungry, I highly recommend the double bacon cheeseburger at Matteos. 345 pesos on the menu and worth every peso. I couldn't finish the fries and didn't eat again until the next afternoon at Flip Flop.

Hope Matteo can make a go of it there even though he is a New England Patriots fan.

X will give him a lot of business.
    If she is alive, she will fuck.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post

I have seen a few of his videos posted on you tube and he seems to do a pretty good job with them.

Here is his channel where he has some posted about Sosua and some other things

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYF...FzjPwV5opj2Y6A
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Anvhee was just closed Christmas Eve-nothing unusual as many places typically are. Some Haitianas were fighting and sources said Haitianas were banned going forward. At this time, doesn't really matter is things are so dead anyway. We wil see.

Clasico/Merengue - May be re-opening by January 15th. I say maybe because I everything is speculation until I see it....Again, we will see.

I was in Santiago all of this past weekend so some of this I heard just before and some after, but wasn't here out and about talking about it to get more details. Many people here don't know or don't really care is the vibe I get. Poeple just adapt to what is here.
    Me gusta mujeres mas oscuro que yo.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 290 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    Anvhee was just closed Christmas Eve-nothing unusual as many places typically are. Some Haitianas were fighting and sources said Haitianas were banned going forward. At this time, doesn't really matter is things are so dead anyway. We wil see.

Clasico/Merengue - May be re-opening by January 15th. I say maybe because I everything is speculation until I see it....Again, we will see.

I was in Santiago all of this past weekend so some of this I heard just before and some after, but wasn't here out and about talking about it to get more details. Many people here don't know or don't really care is the vibe I get. Poeple just adapt to what is here.
    Rumor has that the Mayor lost in court, so Classico and the others has to to be opened up soon or else the city will have to pay for lost wages.
    it’s just a rumor. We’ll see.

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Al Nyc View Post
    Rumor has that the Mayor lost in court, so Classico and the others has to to be opened up soon or else the city will have to pay for lost wages.
    it’s just a rumor. We’ll see.
    As of yesterday Rumba was NOT open. Though I did see booze bottles being stored.

Funny I would go by everyday and ask the guy when you open "Manana" next day "Manana" lol...

Yeah word is rampart everything reopening. But who knows. I but Rumba opens...But I doubt Classicos....I think they really want that closed no matter what....

Ahvee was not as good as Thanksgiving time....way less people. Think because girls still with famalies durning the xmas nyears time frame....Should pick up now that its over. Sure are lot of Haitians in Ahvee now.

18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    As of yesterday Rumba was NOT open. Though I did see booze bottles being stored.

Funny I would go by everyday and ask the guy when you open "Manana" next day "Manana" lol...

Yeah word is rampart everything reopening. But who knows. I but Rumba opens...But I doubt Classicos....I think they really want that closed no matter what....

Ahvee was not as good as Thanksgiving time....way less people. Think because girls still with famalies durning the xmas nyears time frame....Should pick up now that its over. Sure are lot of Haitians in Ahvee now.
    Yes, today was día de los reyes which is the kids gift receiving holiday. If you were there this weekend I would think a lot of girls were home with their families. I’m there next week. Hopefully things will have picked up. All indications are that the girls haven’t given up on the place. None of the chicks I know are complaining or saying they’re no longer going to Sosua.

20. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,134 Times in 303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post

What do you mean when you say "everything is reopening"? Currently the only closed bars are Clasico/Merengue, Bar Central and Blue Ice. Everything else is open...some of them just moved.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sopranostingray For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sopranostingray View Post
    What do you mean when you say "everything is reopening"? Currently the only closed bars are Clasico/Merengue, Bar Central and Blue Ice. Everything else is open...some of them just moved.
    They are the only eye candy bars in the midtown area, so still a big deal to be closed when you consider the music, the lights, and energy that is missing with them closed when walking by. Plus these bars to draw some busines to the smaller bars nearby for those that want a drink or 2 somewhere before going there.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

They are the only eye candy bars in the midtown area, so still a big deal to be closed when you consider the music, the lights, and energy that is missing with them closed when walking by. Plus these bars to draw some busines to the smaller bars nearby for those that want a drink or 2 somewhere before going there.
    Correct plus sopranos made it seem like original Rumbas open...which is huge eye candy...I know Rumba II open at mora mai....

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    Yes, today was día de los reyes which is the kids gift receiving holiday. If you were there this weekend I would think a lot of girls were home with their families. I’m there next week. Hopefully things will have picked up. All indications are that the girls haven’t given up on the place. None of the chicks I know are complaining or saying they’re no longer going to Sosua.
    This past Saturday was way busier than Friday when I saw Hunter out. Looks like some of the pretty out of town chicas are rolling back in. Few if any have given up on da SU. They have had reasons to complain as there were a lot less gringos coming down this holiday searson fro various factors already mentioned, that affected all tourists and locals alike.

28. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

New ownership at Rancho Tipico

Hope they make a go of it

https://sosuaone.com/home/2020/1/7/r...ith-a-new-vibe

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

This past Saturday was way busier than Friday when I saw Hunter out. Looks like some of the pretty out of town chicas are rolling back in. Few if any have given up on da SU. They have had reasons to complain as there were a lot less gringos coming down this holiday searson fro various factors already mentioned, that affected all tourists and locals alike.
    Pretty out of towners returning is something I thought would happen. Fear of arrest and being forced to walk the streets of Sosua looking for customers was a turn off to those types. With the new setup getting arrested has been minimized. With the Ahnvee setup and location they can peddle their goods out of sight of the general public and thus maintain their cover and in some part their dignity.

32. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 76,190 Times in 8,046 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    Hey Sage. I will be in town next week also. I hope to run into you one night. Where do you hang out on nights now?

BTW..........are you still in contact with Mariyln? We are supposed to finally meet this year. I ran out out of days last trip.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Hey Sage. I will be in town next week also. I hope to run into you one night. Where do you hang out on nights now?

BTW..........are you still in contact with Mariyln? We are supposed to finally meet this year. I ran out out of days last trip.
    Will probably see you on the beach. I don’t yet have a hang out spot in the new Sosua. Last trip I spent most of my time at the hotel ordering in.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast

Thread Information