Thread: 07/2019 - Hotel Conde Penalba, Santo Domingo

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

07/2019 - Hotel Conde Penalba, Santo Domingo

Hotel Conde Penalba, Santo Domingo

Hotel Conde Penalba is located at the end of El Conde in front of the First Cathedral of the Americas.

1.jpg

The restaurant on the ground floor is El Conde and it has an outdoor and indoor section.

The lobby to the hotel is up 2 flights of stairs

2.jpg

Check in went smooth I paid about $75.00 for my room with taxes. I booked for 2 so I didn't have to pay for a guest but any additional guest are $10.00 per person.

My room

3.jpg4.jpg

My room had obviously seen better days but it was very clean and comfortable. There was a mini bar and the WIFI was very strong.

The balcony

5.jpg6.jpg

Different rooms have balconies with different views of El Conde and the park and cathedral. The balcony IMHO is one of the highlights of the hotel. There are amateur musicians often in the park and you can go out on your balcony and listen to them makes for a great evening.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

Re: 07/2019 - Hotel Conde Penalba, Santo Domingo

El Conde Restaurant view

You can sit at the restaurant and enjoy the view

7a.jpg8.jpg

9.jpg10.jpg

Nothing like sleeping on duty...Haaaaaaaaaaaaa!

11.jpg

Conclusion

The hotel is currently being renovated so there is a lot of dust and noise during the day. It is an old colonial building that has seen its best days but I am eager to see it when they finish the renovations. Some of the things I liked was the room was reasonably priced, the balcony, the restaurant and view of the park and El Conde and the location it's very easy to find.

I see it as a great date location you can have drinks and dinner, listen to street music then move to your room whenever you get ready. I felt very comfortable and at home there, I would have no problem revisiting.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,262 Times in 11,768 Posts

Re: 07/2019 - Hotel Conde Penalba, Santo Domingo

It's a lovely place -- it would fit in very well in the older districts of Madrid.

(Of course, Madrid doesn't have "Colonial" architecture. It has "Imperial" architecture.)
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thread Information