Thread: 08/2019 - Hotel Billini, Santo Domingo

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

08/2019 - Hotel Billini, Santo Domingo

Hotel Billini, Santo Domingo

Hotel Billini is located in the Colonial Zone of Santo Domingo. It used to be a Roman Catholic monastery but has since been converted into a luxury hotel. You can sit outside or inside the hotel.

1.jpg2.jpg

The outside is colonial but the inside is contemporary-modern.

3.jpg3a.jpg

Check in went very smooth in fact everything was done electronically using an IPAD and Apple computer. I normally pay at or under $100.00 a night at these Santo Domingo hotels however this one was a little more expensive at just over $150.00 a night with taxes. Between the staff, the grounds and the accommodations I could clearly see it is at least a four start hotel.I booked for two so my guest had no problem when she arrived she simply had to show her ID. This hotel is not monger friendly as additional guest are charged at a rate of $30.00 per person.

Not only are you greeted with a drink upon your arrival but there is also a bar for your leisure.

4.jpg5.jpg

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 53,118 Times in 6,021 Posts

Re: 08/2019 - Hotel Billini, Santo Domingo

Why do you prefer hotels in the capital that are not guest friendly? Do all hotels there charge a fee for guests???
    We don't catch feelings, we catch flights.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tarzan For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tarzan View Post
    Why do you prefer hotels in the capital that are not guest friendly? Do all hotels there charge a fee for guests???
    I don't have a preference it just happens that many Santo Domingo hotels are not girl friendly. My objective is to explore the city by visiting different hotels.

In addition I am using them as dating venues and not traditional mongering. I book for 2 and just deal with my guest.
    Last edited by gdogg; 08-25-2019 at 10:44 AM. Reason: fixed quotes

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Dinning Room

There was a dinning room for the restaurant next to the reception desk

6.jpg
    And a library and sitting room

7.jpg7a.jpg

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My room

I had a king size bed in my room that seemed like it was big enough for 4 people, it was very comfortable.

8.jpg9.jpg

The room had a very contemporary look and it had an electronic notification system for housecleaning whether you wanted your room to be cleaned or not. Most hotel rooms simply have you post a sign on the door but here there were in the 22nd century.

9a.jpg10a.jpg

The mini bar absolutely sucked no chips, or cookies!

10.jpg
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

La Terazza

On the roof there is a bar, restaurant sitting area and pool

12.jpg11.jpg

I had chicken fajitas which were way too salty for me. I did have a couple of frozen lemonades that were FANTASTIC!

13.jpg

At night there was a live jazz band, however I did not get to fully enjoy them because it started raining.

14.jpg15.jpg

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Buffet Breakfast

They had a pretty decent buffet breakfast which was searved from 8-11am daily.

b1.jpgb2.jpg

They had a cook for while you wait eggs and pancakes

b3.jpgb4.jpg

Conclusion

Hotel Billini is definitely a high end luxury hotel and I can say it was worth what I spent. I didn't particularly care for what I had for dinner but there were other menu options that may have been better. The grounds were spotless and the staff was very professional.

I also enjoyed the live jazz at night which made for great entertainment with a date that could appreciate that type of vibe. Although the hotel was a little above my normal budget I could see returning particularly if I had someone I believed would appreciate it.

Personnel anecdote

I have been using Santo Domingo hotels as date venues and on this occasion I had an excellent date. I met a chic on Instagram we hit it off and decided to have dinner at the hotel. Upon arrival I discovered that she was only 19 years old, but she spoke 3 languages and was studying the 4th. She came from a affluent Dominican family and has travelled internationally to include the United States and various other destinations.

What I found most interesting is our conversation was about a myriad of different topics to include Brextit and the United States and China trade war. In short she was not the typical Tigeraso Dominican chic who's primary objective was to get into my pockets.

However, she did let it slip she is trying to break free from her financial dependence on her parents which I suspect was part of her interest in making my acquaintance. I didn't smash but I enjoyed the experience non the less.
    Last edited by camaro1257; 08-25-2019 at 08:01 PM.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thread Information