Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: 11/2019 - Plan to stop prostitution in Sosua

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Age
    57
    Posts
    112,765
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    307,556
    Thanked 251,972 Times in 74,881 Posts

    11/2019 - Plan to stop prostitution in Sosua

    https://dominicantoday.com/dr/touris...jkW58BtusDsIfY


    “From the Cluster organization we support the measures suggested and implemented by the Office of the Attorney General of the Republic , the Pro-Active Committee of Sosúa, the Economic and Social Council of this municipality, integrated by the City Council, Ministry of Tourism ( Mitur ), the Council of Councilors, businessmen, representatives of churches, civil society, military organizations, the National Police, the Specialized Tourist Security Corps ( Cestur ) and the Puerto Plata Air Base, understanding that they seek to recover the pride and dignity of this community—one that has all the necessary elements to enhance its harmonious cultural, historical and family profile,” adds the agency in a statement.
    “We understand that the actions carried out by the competent authorities, under the strictest adherence to the Constitution and laws, while representing an important step towards the eradication of this scourge that has tarnished the good image of Sosúa, without a doubt come to reinforce the will and struggle of men and women who, with honest work, forge a better future for this destination,” the group asserts.
    “We reaffirm our institutional support and trust that the efforts that are now being carried out will be continuous and sustainable over time until this unique paradise on the North Coast of the Dominican Republic is rescued,” concludes the CTDPP authorities.
    In that same order, the main associations of Sosúa have shown their support for the actions that will be implemented to control prostitution in the multi-faceted tourist destination of the North.
    This is the Sustainable Development Association of Sosúa ( ADSS ) and the Association of Hotels and Restaurants of Sosúa and Cabarete ( Ashoresoca ), who have expressed their support for the actions recently initiated by the authorities to control the disorder in the main streets of the Batey de Sosúa sector.



    You want access to trip reports?

    Google Wallet

    JDRent97@gmail.com



  2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:


  3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Age
    2010
    Posts
    Many
     
  4. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Northrn New Jersey
    Posts
    16,166
    Thanks
    30,454
    Thanked 51,661 Times in 12,709 Posts

    Re: 11/2019 - Plan to stop prostitution in Sosua

    I guess they like playing wack-a-mole. If they stop hoing in one place it will pop up in another.


    If they really wanted to get rid of prostitution they would try to alleviate poverty, but that is real work and doesn't garner headlines.

  5. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to PapiQueRico For This Useful Post:


  6. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Age
    57
    Posts
    112,765
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    307,556
    Thanked 251,972 Times in 74,881 Posts

    Re: 11/2019 - Plan to stop prostitution in Sosua

    Quote Originally Posted by PapiQueRico View Post
    I guess they like playing wack-a-mole. If they stop hoing in one place it will pop up in another.


    If they really wanted to get rid of prostitution they would try to alleviate poverty, but that is real work and doesn't garner headlines.

    Its in other places such as Boca Chica, but for some, Sosua is DR.

  7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:


  8. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chillin en La Capitál y Boca Chica
    Age
    60
    Posts
    10,050
    Thanks
    35,697
    Thanked 62,137 Times in 9,135 Posts

    Re: 11/2019 - Plan to stop prostitution in Sosua

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Its in other places such as Boca Chica, but for some, Sosua is DR.
    For the uneducated the uninformed yes Sosua is all they know, and that's all they have the ability to explore. The way I feel about it is good for them. Most here don't realize the most amount of males that fuck whores or semi-pros are Dominican men Ex-pats behind them. Tourists males are important because they are the ones that pay the most for the privilege of fucking Dominicanas and keep the price down for the rest of us. Jus sayin.

    When I am in my tourist mode, I pay more then when I am home, in Boca, but I allow myself to get in that mode and I go with the flow because I choose often not to argue price. Here you go with my price, or simply stated next.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin


  9. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Age
    57
    Posts
    112,765
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    307,556
    Thanked 251,972 Times in 74,881 Posts

    Re: 11/2019 - Plan to stop prostitution in Sosua

    Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    For the uneducated the uninformed yes Sosua is all they know, and that's all they have the ability to explore. The way I feel about it is good for them. Most here don't realize the most amount of males that fuck whores or semi-pros are Dominican men Ex-pats behind them. Tourists males are important because they are the ones that pay the most for the privilege of fucking Dominicanas and keep the price down for the rest of us. Jus sayin.

    When I am in my tourist mode, I pay more then when I am home, in Boca, but I allow myself to get in that mode and I go with the flow because I choose often not to argue price. Here you go with my price, or simply stated next.

    As you noticed, some of us have appeared in Boca and have had really great times there.


    It must be a secret or something.

  10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    18,894
    Thanks
    21,249
    Thanked 95,100 Times in 16,830 Posts

    Re: 11/2019 - Plan to stop prostitution in Sosua

    So who had the power to do this?

    Reading comments on news sites and other boards....

    The homeowners finally got fed up. They are the ones with money. Fuck you EZ...your fucked it up

    But is usually is follow the money. And the big buck resort people and condo owners had enough of Sosua turning into hooker town.

    That combined with weekend warriors you tube videos and bottle poppin etc. fat ass spandex girls roaming the streets.... Reached a breaking point.

    They dont want monger money...or just move it up out of site to upper Pedro..


  12. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,511
    Thanks
    24,432
    Thanked 25,471 Times in 4,374 Posts

    Re: 11/2019 - Plan to stop prostitution in Sosua

    The question is to book or not to book that is to wait until they figure out the night life and only then to book a flight
    ‘Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all’

  13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:


  14. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    6,537
    Thanks
    41,096
    Thanked 46,033 Times in 6,330 Posts

    Re: 11/2019 - Plan to stop prostitution in Sosua

    Ever since my very first visit to the DR in 2007, I was told that despite all the hookers that gathered nightly in Sosua plying the trade for the gringo dollar, in truth, it was Dominican men who represented the largest customer base for prostitution in the country.

    The guy who told me that was Marco who was the owner of Rockys at the time, and who picked me up at POP as I was a bright eyed newbie stepping off the plane. He would go on to tell me some do's and don'ts, along with how the town used to be in the early 90's when he had first came to the DR.

    And what has changed?

    Well, as I was later to learn from people like yayow, and Mr Happy, the Dominicans kept things under wraps. Shit was going down in plain site, but was seldom ever broadcast to the outside world. With cabanas, this sort of thing could go on about as discreetly as possible. No one knew except the two parties involved and after the deed was complete, people went there separate ways. No big deal and definitely no picture or video evidence.

    In Sosua, it was truly the Wild West back in the early 90's, making what the scene is like today comparable to Romper Room. But, unfortunately, the activity, though legal, has been broadcast out to the rest of the planet by the interweb, by people who simply have this insatiable desire to be known. To be The Man!

    Such as the guy behind ILOVESOSUA, and other websites.

    And I don't mean this for the guys here and the trip reports, as those who choose to post their exploits are doing so for a very small, specific group of members on a site that is way out of the mainstream. The locals know how to keep things on the down low I would assume, since they live there and most likely girlfriends and wives wouldn't want to find out about their shenanigans, or discover video evidence of their cheating.

    But the tourists....they just HAVE to let folks know what's behind the curtain, they just have to open up this hidden world for all to see. So we find youtube vids too many to mention that show whats going on, thereby advertising to "come on down" to a sex paradise and party like a rock star.

    Some men have an understanding of wanting to maintain a low profile in the midst of such hedonism, but others just have to spoil the fun by letting it all out there for anyone with an internet connection to discover.

    Just because some vice might be legal, that doesn't mean that the whole world needs to be an eye witness to the who, how, why, what and where said vice takes place and an open invitation being sent out to come one, come all.

    We have all witnessed how immature certain people can be, how they act and behave, and how being discreet is a foreign concept.

    Youth is the main culprit, as some people just haven't yet grown up. Sosua is a victim of that very factor and is in the midst of paying a price.

    For the most part, I really don't think you can blame the over 45 or 50 crowd for being the cause for the changing nightlife scene of Sosua.

    It took me awhile to figure it out with Kenya, maybe 3 trips in. But I discovered that the Kenyan Coast is a "mature" man's paradise. Too far for any weekend warriors, it is a place where the bars might be full of action with the ladies, but with the men going there, they are of a sufficient age where they can still remember when Three Dog Night, the Bee Gees and Earth Wind and Fire were on the charts.

    Older guys, it seems, still know how to keep a few secrets under their hat and not put everything on blast.

    Cuba Dave being an exception.


  15. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    20,434
    Blog Entries
    14
    Thanks
    73,539
    Thanked 116,853 Times in 19,626 Posts

    Re: 11/2019 - Plan to stop prostitution in Sosua

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    Ever since my very first visit to the DR in 2007, I was told that despite all the hookers that gathered nightly in Sosua plying the trade for the gringo dollar, in truth, it was Dominican men who represented the largest customer base for prostitution in the country.

    The guy who told me that was Marco who was the owner of Rockys at the time, and who picked me up at POP as I was a bright eyed newbie stepping off the plane. He would go on to tell me some do's and don'ts, along with how the town used to be in the early 90's when he had first came to the DR.

    And what has changed?

    Well, as I was later to learn from people like yayow, and Mr Happy, the Dominicans kept things under wraps. Shit was going down in plain site, but was seldom ever broadcast to the outside world. With cabanas, this sort of thing could go on about as discreetly as possible. No one knew except the two parties involved and after the deed was complete, people went there separate ways. No big deal and definitely no picture or video evidence.

    In Sosua, it was truly the Wild West back in the early 90's, making what the scene is like today comparable to Romper Room. But, unfortunately, the activity, though legal, has been broadcast out to the rest of the planet by the interweb, by people who simply have this insatiable desire to be known. To be The Man!

    Such as the guy behind ILOVESOSUA, and other websites.

    And I don't mean this for the guys here and the trip reports, as those who choose to post their exploits are doing so for a very small, specific group of members on a site that is way out of the mainstream. The locals know how to keep things on the down low I would assume, since they live there and most likely girlfriends and wives wouldn't want to find out about their shenanigans, or discover video evidence of their cheating.

    But the tourists....they just HAVE to let folks know what's behind the curtain, they just have to open up this hidden world for all to see. So we find youtube vids too many to mention that show whats going on, thereby advertising to "come on down" to a sex paradise and party like a rock star.

    Some men have an understanding of wanting to maintain a low profile in the midst of such hedonism, but others just have to spoil the fun by letting it all out there for anyone with an internet connection to discover.

    Just because some vice might be legal, that doesn't mean that the whole world needs to be an eye witness to the who, how, why, what and where said vice takes place and an open invitation being sent out to come one, come all.

    We have all witnessed how immature certain people can be, how they act and behave, and how being discreet is a foreign concept.

    Youth is the main culprit, as some people just haven't yet grown up. Sosua is a victim of that very factor and is in the midst of paying a price.

    For the most part, I really don't think you can blame the over 45 or 50 crowd for being the cause for the changing nightlife scene of Sosua.

    It took me awhile to figure it out with Kenya, maybe 3 trips in. But I discovered that the Kenyan Coast is a "mature" man's paradise. Too far for any weekend warriors, it is a place where the bars might be full of action with the ladies, but with the men going there, they are of a sufficient age where they can still remember when Three Dog Night, the Bee Gees and Earth Wind and Fire were on the charts.

    Older guys, it seems, still know how to keep a few secrets under their hat and not put everything on blast.

    Cuba Dave being an exception.
    Absolute Truth!
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

  16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:


  17. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Winter: Sosua * Summer: Sometimes North, Sometime South
    Age
    59
    Posts
    3,888
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    5,314
    Thanked 9,793 Times in 2,137 Posts

    Re: 11/2019 - Plan to stop prostitution in Sosua

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    Ever since my very first visit to the DR in 2007, I was told that despite all the hookers that gathered nightly in Sosua plying the trade for the gringo dollar, in truth, it was Dominican men who represented the largest customer base for prostitution in the country.

    The guy who told me that was Marco who was the owner of Rockys at the time, and who picked me up at POP as I was a bright eyed newbie stepping off the plane. He would go on to tell me some do's and don'ts, along with how the town used to be in the early 90's when he had first came to the DR.

    And what has changed?

    Well, as I was later to learn from people like yayow, and Mr Happy, the Dominicans kept things under wraps. Shit was going down in plain site, but was seldom ever broadcast to the outside world. With cabanas, this sort of thing could go on about as discreetly as possible. No one knew except the two parties involved and after the deed was complete, people went there separate ways. No big deal and definitely no picture or video evidence.

    In Sosua, it was truly the Wild West back in the early 90's, making what the scene is like today comparable to Romper Room. But, unfortunately, the activity, though legal, has been broadcast out to the rest of the planet by the interweb, by people who simply have this insatiable desire to be known. To be The Man!

    Such as the guy behind ILOVESOSUA, and other websites.

    And I don't mean this for the guys here and the trip reports, as those who choose to post their exploits are doing so for a very small, specific group of members on a site that is way out of the mainstream. The locals know how to keep things on the down low I would assume, since they live there and most likely girlfriends and wives wouldn't want to find out about their shenanigans, or discover video evidence of their cheating.

    But the tourists....they just HAVE to let folks know what's behind the curtain, they just have to open up this hidden world for all to see. So we find youtube vids too many to mention that show whats going on, thereby advertising to "come on down" to a sex paradise and party like a rock star.

    Some men have an understanding of wanting to maintain a low profile in the midst of such hedonism, but others just have to spoil the fun by letting it all out there for anyone with an internet connection to discover.

    Just because some vice might be legal, that doesn't mean that the whole world needs to be an eye witness to the who, how, why, what and where said vice takes place and an open invitation being sent out to come one, come all.

    We have all witnessed how immature certain people can be, how they act and behave, and how being discreet is a foreign concept.

    Youth is the main culprit, as some people just haven't yet grown up. Sosua is a victim of that very factor and is in the midst of paying a price.

    For the most part, I really don't think you can blame the over 45 or 50 crowd for being the cause for the changing nightlife scene of Sosua.

    It took me awhile to figure it out with Kenya, maybe 3 trips in. But I discovered that the Kenyan Coast is a "mature" man's paradise. Too far for any weekend warriors, it is a place where the bars might be full of action with the ladies, but with the men going there, they are of a sufficient age where they can still remember when Three Dog Night, the Bee Gees and Earth Wind and Fire were on the charts.

    Older guys, it seems, still know how to keep a few secrets under their hat and not put everything on blast.

    Cuba Dave being an exception.
    Damn good post!
    Give me a chair on a beach....hand me a beer....have some chicas hanging around....oh happy days!!

    C.I.S.O.C.

  18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ram For This Useful Post:


  19. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
    Age
    80
    Posts
    10,709
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    7,948
    Thanked 47,601 Times in 8,259 Posts

    Re: 11/2019 - Plan to stop prostitution in Sosua

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    ... they are of a sufficient age where they can still remember when Three Dog Night, the Bee Gees and Earth Wind and Fire were on the charts.
    Obviously I am still a youngster because I have never heard of Three Dog Night. There is no such band.

    You just made them up and slipped them in near the end, just to see if anyone could be bothered to read your long-winded post all through.

  20. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:


  21. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chesapeake Bay
    Age
    66
    Posts
    10,894
    Thanks
    72,589
    Thanked 67,845 Times in 10,826 Posts

    Re: 11/2019 - Plan to stop prostitution in Sosua

    I remember a thread about one of the organizations named in the OP....

    ASSHOLESOCA.jpg
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."




  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:


  23. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    56
    Posts
    738
    Thanks
    16,183
    Thanked 5,733 Times in 738 Posts

    Re: 11/2019 - Plan to stop prostitution in Sosua

    How could you not of heard of a band that brought Joy to the World?

    They are a group that sing with a funny accent.

    Although 3 dog night could be an anthem for Sosua sometimes.....

    Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    Obviously I am still a youngster because I have never heard of Three Dog Night. There is no such band.

    You just made them up and slipped them in near the end, just to see if anyone could be bothered to read your long-winded post all through.

  24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:


  25. #14
    ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,612
    Thanks
    110,396
    Thanked 16,919 Times in 2,592 Posts

    Re: 11/2019 - Plan to stop prostitution in Sosua

    Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    Obviously I am still a youngster because I have never heard of Three Dog Night. There is no such band.

    You just made them up and slipped them in near the end, just to see if anyone could be bothered to read your long-winded post all through.
    Quote Originally Posted by distantvoyeur View Post
    How could you not of heard of a band that brought Joy to the World?

    They are a group that sing with a funny accent.

    Although 3 dog night could be an anthem for Sosua sometimes.....
    Obviously he has been to England, which probably means he's been to Spain. Probably not to Oklahoma. Heaven, he might not ever make it there

  26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:


  27. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Age
    57
    Posts
    112,765
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    307,556
    Thanked 251,972 Times in 74,881 Posts

    Re: 11/2019 - Plan to stop prostitution in Sosua

    Quote Originally Posted by ezsmile View Post
    Obviously he has been to England, which probably means he's been to Spain. Probably not to Oklahoma. Heaven, he might not ever make it there

    I been to all three places.

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:


  29. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    l.a., medellin, tijuana
    Age
    55
    Posts
    530
    Thanks
    255
    Thanked 1,727 Times in 518 Posts

    Re: 11/2019 - Plan to stop prostitution in Sosua

    so what did the so called authrities in sousa do specifically to cut down on the horrors of hooking?

  30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to curiousone For This Useful Post:


  31. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    205
    Thanks
    779
    Thanked 1,367 Times in 205 Posts

    Re: 11/2019 - Plan to stop prostitution in Sosua

    It appears that Sosua is not getting all of the government's attention. For those who don't read spanish, the article is about all of the ho's that they rescued from various other parts of the country this past weekend. These are not tourist areas for the most part. 14 minors is just fuel on the fire.



    SANTO DOMINGO, República Dominicana.- La Policía rescató este fin de semana 136 mujeres víctimas de proxenetismo y a 14 menores recluidas en bares y otros centros de diversiones.

    Mediante documento enviado a ALMOMENTO.NET, indicó que las acciones fueron realizadas en operativos simultáneos en las provincias La Altagracia, Hato Mayor, La Romana, San Cristóbal, Azua, La Vega, Espaillat y Puerto Plata.
    Dijo que también fueron detenidas 14 personas identificadas como responsables del delito de proxenetismo y de trata y tráfico de personas que administraban los centros intervenidos.


    “En La Romana fueron rescatadas 49 mujeres víctimas de proxenetismo y cuatro detenidos como responsables de los bares y centros de diversiones intervenidos; en tanto que en Higüey fueron rescatadas 13 mujeres y cuatro administradores de negocios”, dijo.
    Mientras que en La Vega fueron rescatadas 29; en San Cristóbal 15 mujeres y tres menores de edad; en Moca y Puerto Plata fueron libertadas 27 mujeres y tres administradores y se incautaron de dos armas de fuego ocupadas.
    Señaló que en Hato Mayor fue ocupada una cantidad menor de drogas, mientras que en los demás establecimientos fueron halladas libretas con anotaciones de entradas y salidas de las mujeres que fueron trasladadas a un centro de acogida en Santo Domingo.
    Las menores de edad fueron entregadas al Consejo Nacional para la Niñez (Conani) y los detenidos dejados bajo control del Ministerio Público para los fines legales correspondientes.

  32. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to captain69 For This Useful Post:


  33. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,511
    Thanks
    24,432
    Thanked 25,471 Times in 4,374 Posts

    Re: 11/2019 - Plan to stop prostitution in Sosua

    From time to time I just type 'prostitucion' in the ListinDiario's search box, so I can access all publications on the issue in the country.

  34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:


  35. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BX! NYC!
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,520
    Thanks
    7,201
    Thanked 46,467 Times in 4,501 Posts

    Re: 11/2019 - Plan to stop prostitution in Sosua

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    So who had the power to do this?

    Reading comments on news sites and other boards....

    The homeowners finally got fed up. They are the ones with money. Fuck you EZ...your fucked it up

    But is usually is follow the money. And the big buck resort people and condo owners had enough of Sosua turning into hooker town.

    That combined with weekend warriors you tube videos and bottle poppin etc. fat ass spandex girls roaming the streets.... Reached a breaking point.

    They dont want monger money...or just move it up out of site to upper Pedro..
    The home owners are pissed bc the action is being pushed to the nice quiet residencial side of sosua. Some of those homes are 6 figure!
    You do You, I'm gonna Do Me!!

    "Don't tell me what a man says, don't tell me what a man knows, tell me where he's traveled?"

  36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:


  37. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    56
    Posts
    738
    Thanks
    16,183
    Thanked 5,733 Times in 738 Posts

    Re: 11/2019 - Plan to stop prostitution in Sosua

    Ad used to grumble that most of the problems with Rancho Tipico were due to residential neighbours screaming about the noise. Imagine the introduction of a complete red light district from scratch, how long do you think that will last before the screams begin?

    Quote Originally Posted by tgunz View Post
    The home owners are pissed bc the action is being pushed to the nice quiet residencial side of sosua. Some of those homes are 6 figure!

  38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •