Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 11/2019 - Plan to stop prostitution in Sosua

Thanks
    Thanked 3,134 Times in 303 Posts

Re: 11/2019 - Plan to stop prostitution in Sosua

Quote Originally Posted by Doobieman View Post
    The president was just in Sosua, he even went by Flip's bar. Lmao I don't think anything is being shut down anytime soon. They will continue to look the other way, there's too much financial benefits that arise from the situation. For both the women who work out there, and the business that support them

Plans are already in motion and things will be moving quickly and sooner than you think. Another big meeting this morning with the beach vendors, turismo and the mayor. There was never any talk about shutting anything down. The plan is to move the vendors to two central plazas and have adequate parking. The government gave Sosua RD$350,000,000. Nobody will be look away this time.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sopranostingray For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,159 Times in 5,854 Posts

The family who 'donates' the land is one of the President's supporters.

First they would build the plaza (at the government expense), so it would be convenient to park buses with tourists and milk them at one location,

at the same time they will remove the vendors from the beach, that is basically 'relocate the natives'

and then the family will sell the land (between the beach and a highway) to a developer and cash out big time.

That is the plan

This last time when they extended emergency for 45 days to mid October, there were no quorum to vote on it 3 times in a row, until the ruling party unexpectedly opened an emergency session and voted a rule in seconds
    ‘Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all’

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 290 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sopranostingray View Post
    The chicas are now so fat and ugly that the police will not go near them.
    Damn! LMAO 😂

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

The chicas are now so fat and ugly that the police will not go near them.
    I noticed that when they do pick up chicas they avoid the big girls. Apparently they choose not to wrestle in the streets with those cows out of fear of injury.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Pretty good video with the take on the possible beach redevelopment by the Sosuaone dude

https://youtu.be/KMbNm4gUVh4

I like watching his videos he always has pretty informative info

He also live streams from the beach which I don't really care for but some that nothing better to do might like it.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,253 Times in 7,381 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    Pretty good video with the take on the possible beach redevelopment by the Sosuaone dude

https://youtu.be/KMbNm4gUVh4

I like watching his videos he always has pretty informative info

He also live streams from the beach which I don't really care for but some that nothing better to do might like it.
    Danny is a good dude. Met him when I was in town in June-July. Very nice bar, great staff, and as you said, his videos are well done with lots of solid info. As long as his bar remains on the beach, I'll be sure to stop by every time I come down.

I know this subject of beach development has been bantered about for years here and elsewhere but I think this time, there very well may be reason to give it a hard look. With millions of pesos apparently on the table, and the family (families) that actually own the beach property offering the government a sweet deal, I think it might only be a matter of time before bulldozers and other earth moving equipment make their appearance on the beach to get the redevelopment project underway.

I'm just wondering if there is a section of the beach that is left for a certain number of shacks to serve drinks and food, would it be the part closest to the Sosua entrance or the Charimicos entrance? And how many will there be? 25? 50? And for those who will be left out, will they be compensated for the loss of their business?

Guess we'll need to stay tuned.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    Danny is a good dude. Met him when I was in town in June-July. Very nice bar, great staff, and as you said, his videos are well done with lots of solid info. As long as his bar remains on the beach, I'll be sure to stop by every time I come down.

I know this subject of beach development has been bantered about for years here and elsewhere but I think this time, there very well may be reason to give it a hard look. With millions of pesos apparently on the table, and the family (families) that actually own the beach property offering the government a sweet deal, I think it might only be a matter of time before bulldozers and other earth moving equipment make their appearance on the beach to get the redevelopment project underway.

I'm just wondering if there is a section of the beach that is left for a certain number of shacks to serve drinks and food, would it be the part closest to the Sosua entrance or the Charimicos entrance? And how many will there be? 25? 50? And for those who will be left out, will they be compensated for the loss of their business?

Guess we'll need to stay tuned.

They were talking about it in 2002.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

As a precondition,

I would like to see the documents of which parcels of land exactly the family owns.

I would like to read into their plans to cash out and sell the land - without the signed contract there is no point to move poor folks from the beach.

There are many Dominican stakeholders,

and myself as a visitor,

and I like the bay, tree shade, casitas, washrooms, and the atmosphere where there is a mix of locals and visitors.

Other beaches nearby lack mostly of the above.

I can only hope that the plan won't materialize. There is nothing good to it other than unloading the land to a developer.

Access to beaches has to be public, however by an example of Casa Marina hotel nearby, there is no public access to Dominicans and everyone else.

I used to spend 2 to 4 hours at the beach daily, and without it, and with night life options crippled, there won't be much incentive to me to come and stay in Sosua.

The right decision for the country is to forbid permanent structures within certain limit of the shoreline etc, create marine parks and care for the bay, guarantee unimpeded public access to the beaches, etc.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,134 Times in 303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by questner View Post

Access to beaches has to be public, however by an example of Casa Marina hotel nearby, there is no public access to Dominicans and everyone else.

It's accessible by water. It doesn't have to be accessible from land to be legally public. There are many beaches across the country that are the same.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sopranostingray For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It's accessible by water. It doesn't have to be accessible from land to be legally public. There are many beaches across the country that are the same.
    Have you seen non-guest Dominicans using the beach there? (yes, on Sundays, with beers glasses , blaring music etc, or even without?), - I have not. They will be asked to leave.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I wonder if strip club dancing comes back?

I hear one of the deputies wants cabañas to ask for IDs he wants every cheater to get wacked, poor soul, couldn't accept his spouse having fun!

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Click to see pic

I wonder if strip club dancing comes back?

I hear one of the deputies wants cabañas to ask for IDs he wants every cheater to get wacked, poor soul, couldn't accept his spouse having fun!
    I like how they photoshopped my half naked body on that flyer. A lot of women are going to be disappointed when they get there and I'm not.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So, have they stopped it?

Is there still a curfew? an emergency?

Is a Red - Light District open?

What is open? Where are the hookers?

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 53,118 Times in 6,021 Posts

So, have they stopped it?

Is there still a curfew? an emergency?

Is a Red - Light District open?

What is open? Where are the hookers?
    NO

NO. There never was.

NO

Everything. Everywhere. Actually I was there last month and it looked good, many people out and about again. Kind of reminded me of old days, probably won't last.

We don't catch feelings, we catch flights.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tarzan For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information