Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 11/2019 - Plan to stop prostitution in Sosua

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

11/2019 - Plan to stop prostitution in Sosua

https://dominicantoday.com/dr/touris...jkW58BtusDsIfY

“From the Cluster organization we support the measures suggested and implemented by the Office of the Attorney General of the Republic , the Pro-Active Committee of Sosúa, the Economic and Social Council of this municipality, integrated by the City Council, Ministry of Tourism ( Mitur ), the Council of Councilors, businessmen, representatives of churches, civil society, military organizations, the National Police, the Specialized Tourist Security Corps ( Cestur ) and the Puerto Plata Air Base, understanding that they seek to recover the pride and dignity of this community—one that has all the necessary elements to enhance its harmonious cultural, historical and family profile,” adds the agency in a statement.
    “We understand that the actions carried out by the competent authorities, under the strictest adherence to the Constitution and laws, while representing an important step towards the eradication of this scourge that has tarnished the good image of Sosúa, without a doubt come to reinforce the will and struggle of men and women who, with honest work, forge a better future for this destination,” the group asserts.
    “We reaffirm our institutional support and trust that the efforts that are now being carried out will be continuous and sustainable over time until this unique paradise on the North Coast of the Dominican Republic is rescued,” concludes the CTDPP authorities.
    In that same order, the main associations of Sosúa have shown their support for the actions that will be implemented to control prostitution in the multi-faceted tourist destination of the North.
    This is the Sustainable Development Association of Sosúa ( ADSS ) and the Association of Hotels and Restaurants of Sosúa and Cabarete ( Ashoresoca ), who have expressed their support for the actions recently initiated by the authorities to control the disorder in the main streets of the Batey de Sosúa sector.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 55,585 Times in 14,260 Posts

Re: 11/2019 - Plan to stop prostitution in Sosua

I guess they like playing wack-a-mole. If they stop hoing in one place it will pop up in another.

If they really wanted to get rid of prostitution they would try to alleviate poverty, but that is real work and doesn't garner headlines.

5. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to PapiQueRico For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PapiQueRico View Post
    I guess they like playing wack-a-mole. If they stop hoing in one place it will pop up in another.

If they really wanted to get rid of prostitution they would try to alleviate poverty, but that is real work and doesn't garner headlines.

Its in other places such as Boca Chica, but for some, Sosua is DR.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Its in other places such as Boca Chica, but for some, Sosua is DR.
    For the uneducated the uninformed yes Sosua is all they know, and that's all they have the ability to explore. The way I feel about it is good for them. Most here don't realize the most amount of males that fuck whores or semi-pros are Dominican men Ex-pats behind them. Tourists males are important because they are the ones that pay the most for the privilege of fucking Dominicanas and keep the price down for the rest of us. Jus sayin.

When I am in my tourist mode, I pay more then when I am home, in Boca, but I allow myself to get in that mode and I go with the flow because I choose often not to argue price. Here you go with my price, or simply stated next.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    For the uneducated the uninformed yes Sosua is all they know, and that's all they have the ability to explore. The way I feel about it is good for them. Most here don't realize the most amount of males that fuck whores or semi-pros are Dominican men Ex-pats behind them. Tourists males are important because they are the ones that pay the most for the privilege of fucking Dominicanas and keep the price down for the rest of us. Jus sayin.

When I am in my tourist mode, I pay more then when I am home, in Boca, but I allow myself to get in that mode and I go with the flow because I choose often not to argue price. Here you go with my price, or simply stated next.

As you noticed, some of us have appeared in Boca and have had really great times there.

It must be a secret or something.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

So who had the power to do this?

Reading comments on news sites and other boards....

The homeowners finally got fed up. They are the ones with money. Fuck you EZ...your fucked it up

But is usually is follow the money. And the big buck resort people and condo owners had enough of Sosua turning into hooker town.

That combined with weekend warriors you tube videos and bottle poppin etc. fat ass spandex girls roaming the streets.... Reached a breaking point.

They dont want monger money...or just move it up out of site to upper Pedro..

Thanks
    Thanked 31,159 Times in 5,854 Posts

The question is to book or not to book that is to wait until they figure out the night life and only then to book a flight
    ‘Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all’

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,254 Times in 7,381 Posts

Ever since my very first visit to the DR in 2007, I was told that despite all the hookers that gathered nightly in Sosua plying the trade for the gringo dollar, in truth, it was Dominican men who represented the largest customer base for prostitution in the country.

The guy who told me that was Marco who was the owner of Rockys at the time, and who picked me up at POP as I was a bright eyed newbie stepping off the plane. He would go on to tell me some do's and don'ts, along with how the town used to be in the early 90's when he had first came to the DR.

And what has changed?

Well, as I was later to learn from people like yayow, and Mr Happy, the Dominicans kept things under wraps. Shit was going down in plain site, but was seldom ever broadcast to the outside world. With cabanas, this sort of thing could go on about as discreetly as possible. No one knew except the two parties involved and after the deed was complete, people went there separate ways. No big deal and definitely no picture or video evidence.

In Sosua, it was truly the Wild West back in the early 90's, making what the scene is like today comparable to Romper Room. But, unfortunately, the activity, though legal, has been broadcast out to the rest of the planet by the interweb, by people who simply have this insatiable desire to be known. To be The Man!

Such as the guy behind ILOVESOSUA, and other websites.

And I don't mean this for the guys here and the trip reports, as those who choose to post their exploits are doing so for a very small, specific group of members on a site that is way out of the mainstream. The locals know how to keep things on the down low I would assume, since they live there and most likely girlfriends and wives wouldn't want to find out about their shenanigans, or discover video evidence of their cheating.

But the tourists....they just HAVE to let folks know what's behind the curtain, they just have to open up this hidden world for all to see. So we find youtube vids too many to mention that show whats going on, thereby advertising to "come on down" to a sex paradise and party like a rock star.

Some men have an understanding of wanting to maintain a low profile in the midst of such hedonism, but others just have to spoil the fun by letting it all out there for anyone with an internet connection to discover.

Just because some vice might be legal, that doesn't mean that the whole world needs to be an eye witness to the who, how, why, what and where said vice takes place and an open invitation being sent out to come one, come all.

We have all witnessed how immature certain people can be, how they act and behave, and how being discreet is a foreign concept.

Youth is the main culprit, as some people just haven't yet grown up. Sosua is a victim of that very factor and is in the midst of paying a price.

For the most part, I really don't think you can blame the over 45 or 50 crowd for being the cause for the changing nightlife scene of Sosua.

It took me awhile to figure it out with Kenya, maybe 3 trips in. But I discovered that the Kenyan Coast is a "mature" man's paradise. Too far for any weekend warriors, it is a place where the bars might be full of action with the ladies, but with the men going there, they are of a sufficient age where they can still remember when Three Dog Night, the Bee Gees and Earth Wind and Fire were on the charts.

Older guys, it seems, still know how to keep a few secrets under their hat and not put everything on blast.

Cuba Dave being an exception.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    Ever since my very first visit to the DR in 2007, I was told that despite all the hookers that gathered nightly in Sosua plying the trade for the gringo dollar, in truth, it was Dominican men who represented the largest customer base for prostitution in the country.

The guy who told me that was Marco who was the owner of Rockys at the time, and who picked me up at POP as I was a bright eyed newbie stepping off the plane. He would go on to tell me some do's and don'ts, along with how the town used to be in the early 90's when he had first came to the DR.

And what has changed?

Well, as I was later to learn from people like yayow, and Mr Happy, the Dominicans kept things under wraps. Shit was going down in plain site, but was seldom ever broadcast to the outside world. With cabanas, this sort of thing could go on about as discreetly as possible. No one knew except the two parties involved and after the deed was complete, people went there separate ways. No big deal and definitely no picture or video evidence.

In Sosua, it was truly the Wild West back in the early 90's, making what the scene is like today comparable to Romper Room. But, unfortunately, the activity, though legal, has been broadcast out to the rest of the planet by the interweb, by people who simply have this insatiable desire to be known. To be The Man!

And I don't mean this for the guys here and the trip reports, as those who choose to post their exploits are doing so for a very small, specific group of members on a site that is way out of the mainstream. The locals know how to keep things on the down low I would assume, since they live there and most likely girlfriends and wives wouldn't want to find out about their shenanigans, or discover video evidence of their cheating.

But the tourists....they just HAVE to let folks know what's behind the curtain, they just have to open up this hidden world for all to see. So we find youtube vids too many to mention that show whats going on, thereby advertising to "come on down" to a sex paradise and party like a rock star.

Some men have an understanding of wanting to maintain a low profile in the midst of such hedonism, but others just have to spoil the fun by letting it all out there for anyone with an internet connection to discover.

Just because some vice might be legal, that doesn't mean that the whole world needs to be an eye witness to the who, how, why, what and where said vice takes place and an open invitation being sent out to come one, come all.

We have all witnessed how immature certain people can be, how they act and behave, and how being discreet is a foreign concept.

Youth is the main culprit, as some people just haven't yet grown up. Sosua is a victim of that very factor and is in the midst of paying a price.

For the most part, I really don't think you can blame the over 45 or 50 crowd for being the cause for the changing nightlife scene of Sosua.

It took me awhile to figure it out with Kenya, maybe 3 trips in. But I discovered that the Kenyan Coast is a "mature" man's paradise. Too far for any weekend warriors, it is a place where the bars might be full of action with the ladies, but with the men going there, they are of a sufficient age where they can still remember when Three Dog Night, the Bee Gees and Earth Wind and Fire were on the charts.

Older guys, it seems, still know how to keep a few secrets under their hat and not put everything on blast.

Absolute Truth!
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Winter: Sosua * Summer: Sometimes North, Sometime South
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,829 Times in 2,435 Posts

And what has changed?

Damn good post!
    Give me a chair on a beach....hand me a beer....have some chicas hanging around....oh happy days!!

C.I.S.O.C.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ram For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

... they are of a sufficient age where they can still remember when Three Dog Night, the Bee Gees and Earth Wind and Fire were on the charts.
    Obviously I am still a youngster because I have never heard of Three Dog Night. There is no such band.

You just made them up and slipped them in near the end, just to see if anyone could be bothered to read your long-winded post all through.

20. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

I remember a thread about one of the organizations named in the OP....

ASSHOLESOCA.jpg
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 1,078 Posts

How could you not of heard of a band that brought Joy to the World?

They are a group that sing with a funny accent.

Although 3 dog night could be an anthem for Sosua sometimes.....

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    Obviously I am still a youngster because I have never heard of Three Dog Night. There is no such band.

You just made them up and slipped them in near the end, just to see if anyone could be bothered to read your long-winded post all through.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,350 Times in 2,668 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post

Quote Originally Posted by distantvoyeur View Post
    How could you not of heard of a band that brought Joy to the World?

They are a group that sing with a funny accent.

Although 3 dog night could be an anthem for Sosua sometimes.....
    Obviously he has been to England, which probably means he's been to Spain. Probably not to Oklahoma. Heaven, he might not ever make it there

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ezsmile View Post
    Obviously he has been to England, which probably means he's been to Spain. Probably not to Oklahoma. Heaven, he might not ever make it there

I been to all three places.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,242 Times in 662 Posts

so what did the so called authrities in sousa do specifically to cut down on the horrors of hooking?

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to curiousone For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,367 Times in 205 Posts

It appears that Sosua is not getting all of the government's attention. For those who don't read spanish, the article is about all of the ho's that they rescued from various other parts of the country this past weekend. These are not tourist areas for the most part. 14 minors is just fuel on the fire.

SANTO DOMINGO, República Dominicana.- La Policía rescató este fin de semana 136 mujeres víctimas de proxenetismo y a 14 menores recluidas en bares y otros centros de diversiones.

Mediante documento enviado a ALMOMENTO.NET, indicó que las acciones fueron realizadas en operativos simultáneos en las provincias La Altagracia, Hato Mayor, La Romana, San Cristóbal, Azua, La Vega, Espaillat y Puerto Plata.
    Dijo que también fueron detenidas 14 personas identificadas como responsables del delito de proxenetismo y de trata y tráfico de personas que administraban los centros intervenidos.

“En La Romana fueron rescatadas 49 mujeres víctimas de proxenetismo y cuatro detenidos como responsables de los bares y centros de diversiones intervenidos; en tanto que en Higüey fueron rescatadas 13 mujeres y cuatro administradores de negocios”, dijo.
    Mientras que en La Vega fueron rescatadas 29; en San Cristóbal 15 mujeres y tres menores de edad; en Moca y Puerto Plata fueron libertadas 27 mujeres y tres administradores y se incautaron de dos armas de fuego ocupadas.
    Señaló que en Hato Mayor fue ocupada una cantidad menor de drogas, mientras que en los demás establecimientos fueron halladas libretas con anotaciones de entradas y salidas de las mujeres que fueron trasladadas a un centro de acogida en Santo Domingo.
    Las menores de edad fueron entregadas al Consejo Nacional para la Niñez (Conani) y los detenidos dejados bajo control del Ministerio Público para los fines legales correspondientes.

32. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to captain69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,159 Times in 5,854 Posts

From time to time I just type 'prostitucion' in the ListinDiario's search box, so I can access all publications on the issue in the country.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    So who had the power to do this?

Reading comments on news sites and other boards....

The homeowners finally got fed up. They are the ones with money. Fuck you EZ...your fucked it up

But is usually is follow the money. And the big buck resort people and condo owners had enough of Sosua turning into hooker town.

That combined with weekend warriors you tube videos and bottle poppin etc. fat ass spandex girls roaming the streets.... Reached a breaking point.

They dont want monger money...or just move it up out of site to upper Pedro..
    The home owners are pissed bc the action is being pushed to the nice quiet residencial side of sosua. Some of those homes are 6 figure!
    You do You, I'm gonna Do Me!!

"Don't tell me what a man says, don't tell me what a man knows, tell me where he's traveled?"

36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 1,078 Posts

Ad used to grumble that most of the problems with Rancho Tipico were due to residential neighbours screaming about the noise. Imagine the introduction of a complete red light district from scratch, how long do you think that will last before the screams begin?

Quote Originally Posted by tgunz View Post
    The home owners are pissed bc the action is being pushed to the nice quiet residencial side of sosua. Some of those homes are 6 figure!

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information