Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 06/2020 - Borders Opening - Health Check Required

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Re: 06/2020 - Borders Opening - Health Check Required

Quote Originally Posted by curiousone View Post
    all that has been posted here is a bit confusing. if one flys to main airport in the DR, does one need to have in hand proof of passing a covid19 test? im not seeing that in the official documentation. and the part about getting tested there, do they mean at the airport they will administer an actual cova test, as opposed to simply taking their temperature?

At this point based on what I have read and seen there is no actual requirement for the need to produce a negative Covid 19 test.

That was floating around and being re-posted on different forums but it turns out Dolores Vicioso added it to his/her post on DR1.

Now he/she ( I don't know if its a he or she) has been taking some heat for the comment and is saying that those measures are yet to be published and will happen soon.

Personally I think he/she just made it up and is now trying to cover her ass but we will see what develops in the next week or two.

There may have been something about a health declaration which makes more sense but that is not necessarily a covid test. I think she got it confused. Bet she won't admit the error though

But any of us that have dealt with the DR already know that things change on a daily basis.

Probably best to see what develops during July.

There numbers and rate of infection really are not all that good so probably not the best idea to rush back there but I would bet Sosua will see the WW crew just as soon as they can go.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    At this point based on what I have read and seen there is no actual requirement for the need to produce a negative Covid 19 test.

That was floating around and being re-posted on different forums but it turns out Dolores Vicioso added it to his/her post on DR1.

Now he/she ( I don't know if its a he or she) has been taking some heat for the comment and is saying that those measures are yet to be published and will happen soon.

Personally I think he/she just made it up and is now trying to cover her ass but we will see what develops in the next week or two.

There may have been something about a health declaration which makes more sense but that is not necessarily a covid test. I think she got it confused. Bet she won't admit the error though

But any of us that have dealt with the DR already know that things change on a daily basis.

Probably best to see what develops during July.

There numbers and rate of infection really are not all that good so probably not the best idea to rush back there but I would bet Sosua will see the WW crew just as soon as they can go.
    Reality is, most of you guys do a lot more actual research and reading than I do--partially because of the eye strain it causes me. So I have not problem being contradicted.

Now, I'll tell you what led to the message being sent to me......I saw a youtube video where a chic was talking about the airports not opening at all til July 4-5 as she played a whatsapp audio en espanol from a supposed friend that works in SDQ indicating such. So, I forwarded the video to Mr. Flip Flop and his respnose seemed accurte--"she needs views". Anyway, I wasn't going to post a video on either the medical message or based on one persons information, but I thought given the source that the message was fact--maybe I was set up. lol. Usually I only report on what I can see with my own eyes, although vision is spotty, or experience first hand and that's my video style as well.
    Me gusta mujeres mas oscuro que yo.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hopefully, there will be some good on the gorund updates to share through this coming weekend.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks

From TGUNZZ: Arrived today at STI.

On US side in the airport - few people were wearing masks voluntairly--had to to be told to put on the damn mask. Nobody was social distancing.

Planes load back to front.

Arrival into STI:

There's a declaration paper that basically asks "are you healthy" that you have to complete.

Tempurature Check and quick walk through customs.

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,129 Times in 9,453 Posts

I arrived in Santiago on the evening flight. No health forms to fill out on my flight. Maybe they ran out. Just the usual customs and immigration forms. There was a temperature gauge mounted on the ceiling as you walked down the arrival hall. But no temp gun to the forehead type deal. The only difference I saw was an attempt at social distancing and masks. Otherwise, it was business as usual. But it's only the first day and things can change.

Arrival Hall with temperature gauge up ahead

Officers waiting to snatch up anyone with a fever

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks

JetBlue out of NY-JFK

Loaded the plane back to front. Most passengers kept their masks on or at least made an attempt. Wearing a mask from entering the terminal to exiting the terminal was about 7 or 8 hours. That's a long time to wear a mask. All middle seats blocked.

JetBlue no longer serves the all you can eat snacks with drinks. They now give you a ziplock bag with cookies and a small bottled water. Seems like a money grab to me. I bet the regular snacks and beverages never return.

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    JetBlue out of NY-JFK

Loaded the plane back to front
    . Most passengers kept their masks on or at least made an attempt. Wearing a mask from entering the terminal to exiting the terminal was about 7 or 8 hours. That's a long time to wear a mask. All middle seats blocked.

JetBlue no longer serves the all you can eat snacks with drinks. They now give you a ziplock bag with cookies and a small bottled water. Seems like a money grab to me. I bet the regular snacks and beverages never return
    almost the same scenario yesterday on united las vegas to denver then to chicago and then the same again on air canada to toronto

they allowed buisness class/ handy capped/ kids and upper status board as normal but did away with the zone boarding and loaded back to front made us stay sitting and then disembark 5 rows at a time

middle seats no longer blocked on united or air canada but masks mandatory for both air lines
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

JetBlue out of NY-JFK

Loaded the plane back to front. Most passengers kept their masks on or at least made an attempt. Wearing a mask from entering the terminal to exiting the terminal was about 7 or 8 hours. That's a long time to wear a mask. All middle seats blocked.

JetBlue no longer serves the all you can eat snacks with drinks. They now give you a ziplock bag with cookies and a small bottled water. Seems like a money grab to me. I bet the regular snacks and beverages never return.

Click to see pic
    Click to see pic

It sucks that you get a 6 once water and one snack.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

PSR down to DR like bat out of hell...nice guinea pig work....

Roster leche

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

JetBlue out of NY-JFK

Click to see pic
    Click to see pic
    Perfect. Cookies and a "seed bar," just what I can't have.

This is why I bring my own snacks, i.e. stuff that won't fuck up my blood sugar.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'd be happy with the bag of snacks. JB is still way better than AA with the free snacks.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    I'd be happy with the bag of snacks. JB is still way better than AA with the free snacks.

Same snack bag on either airline.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,253 Times in 7,381 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    But if flying in standard economy, JB has much better leg room. When I've flown JB, it's a 5 hour haul into Kennedy from NorCal on the red eye, followed by 3 hours 20 min to SDQ. I can do with a bottle of water and a pack of cookies or chips or whatever. I'm not going to starve.

But for me, having that bit of extra comfort is a must. Not eating a snack might bother you a little bit, the feeling of wanting munchies comes and goes. But being uncomfortable is a feeling that you are aware of every second of every minute of every hour on that flight.

25. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,385 Times in 4,164 Posts

JetBlue out of NY-JFK

Click to see pic
    Click to see pic
    Quote Originally Posted by whynotme View Post
    almost the same scenario yesterday on united las vegas to denver then to chicago and then the same again on air canada to toronto

they allowed buisness class/ handy capped/ kids and upper status board as normal but did away with the zone boarding and loaded back to front made us stay sitting and then disembark 5 rows at a time

middle seats no longer blocked on united or air canada but masks mandatory for both air lines
    Southwest (aka the Greyhound bus of the Sky) blocked the middle seats unless you were family of 3, then you could take the entire row. And they will continue to block them for the foreseeable future.
    They still board based on check in status in numerical order but now only 10 at a time rather than 50 at a time.
    They provided snacks but only a small cup of ice water.
    They allowed face shields in lieu of masks, then it would be like wearing a headband for 7 hours, probably more comfortable.
    But Southwest only flies to Punta Cana and then it's a long trip to somewhere fun!
    Try our new ISOC Features!
    • Create a Countdown Timer for your upcoming trip or a special date here.
    • Print out one of our Money Cheat Sheets so you know much shit costs! here
    • Create Albums for your Pictures here.
    • Join Social Groups to view other's Albums here.
    • Browse our concise & informative Wiki here.
    • Learn Spanish, Check Exchange Rates, or The Weather.

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Don Tomas For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    PSR down to DR like bat out of hell...nice guinea pig work....

Roster leche
    Yeah, I operate 90% from my contacts anyway, so i just need a hotel. The closings don't affect me at all. The way things are going with Covid, I wanted to get a couple trips in before they shut down again. The feeling I get here on the ground is that they only opened up because of the Election which takes place this Sunday.

29. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yeah, I operate 90% from my contacts anyway, so i just need a hotel. The closings don't affect me at all. The way things are going with Covid, I wanted to get a couple trips in before they shut down again. The feeling I get here on the ground is that they only opened up because of the Election which takes place this Sunday.

It was a little different flying with Covid going on.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

97% of Americans are taking driving vacations this summer.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

I'm hearing the same from reliable contacts within the PRM, Abinader's party.

If they win as expected, the current numbers dictate that another lockdown will be inevitable.

They are planning accordingly.

35. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 53,118 Times in 6,021 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post
    I'm hearing the same from reliable contacts within the PRM, Abinader's party.

If they win as expected, the current numbers dictate that another lockdown will be inevitable.

They are planning accordingly.
    NNNOOOOOOO, Fuck, I just booked.
    We don't catch feelings, we catch flights.

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tarzan For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tarzan View Post
    NNNOOOOOOO, Fuck, I just booked.

What Airline?

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information