Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 06/2020 - Borders Opening - Health Check Required

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

06/2020 - Borders Opening - Health Check Required

On 28 June 2020, the Dominican Institute of Civil Aviation (IDAC) issued the Notam and particular protocols authorizing the reopening of airports in the Dominican Republic.

Only airport and aviation authorities, airport staff and aviation crews and ticketed passengers are allowed to enter the terminals. Passengers who need special assistance or minors may be accompanied. Passengers are recommended to pre-check their flights to avoid agglomerations. Masks are mandatory at all times, there will be temperature controls at arrival.

International arrivals are required to bring a good health declaration, in addition to migration and customs form. The PCR test certificate needs to have been issued with less than five days before they travel. In countries where there are difficulties in getting tested, the visitors will be required to test at the airport before being admitted to the country.
    Me gusta mujeres mas oscuro que yo.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 31,159 Times in 5,854 Posts

Re: Borders Opening - Health Check Required

Canada still has 14 mandatory quarantine for most everyone returning from abroad.

The majority can't afford to take a trip under these legal conditions.

All the transit countries and airport should lift those restrictions.

Just imagine taking a YYZ-MIA-POP flight when you have to quarantine when back home and may be denied boarding or quarantined at MIA or POP.
    ‘Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all’

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Re: 06/2020 - Borders Opening - Health Check Required

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    On 28 June 2020, the Dominican Institute of Civil Aviation (IDAC) issued the Notam and particular protocols authorizing the reopening of airports in the Dominican Republic.

Only airport and aviation authorities, airport staff and aviation crews and ticketed passengers are allowed to enter the terminals. Passengers who need special assistance or minors may be accompanied. Passengers are recommended to pre-check their flights to avoid agglomerations. Masks are mandatory at all times, there will be temperature controls at arrival.

International arrivals are required to bring a good health declaration, in addition to migration and customs form. The PCR test certificate needs to have been issued with less than five days before they travel. In countries where there are difficulties in getting tested, the visitors will be required to test at the airport before being admitted to the country.

Have you seen the actual document that requires the health check or are you getting that info from TMBTS?

The document I read appears to say nothing about requiring a health certificate but perhaps there is another document out there somewhere.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,340 Times in 1,266 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    Have you seen the actual document that requires the health check or are you getting that info from TMBTS?

The document I read appears to say nothing about requiring a health certificate but perhaps there is another document out there somewhere.
    I just spoke to two of my Dominican contacts that work for AA out of JFK, and both have said that the DR has no pre testing requirements for all arriving passengers.
    If they did the airlines ( ticket agent) would be required to confirm that the passengers would have this document at the check in process. What they did confirm with me is at Punta Cana and Santiago, all passengers arriving will have to have their temperature scanned and a covid19 form will have to be filled out, along with the mandatory mask requirement during the entire stay of your vacation.
    This will be interesting as to how tourist will be able to purchase additional mask in a country that is known for a 2 price system

“I don’t know the question, but sex is definitely the answer.”

8. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder View Post
    I just spoke to two of my Dominican contacts that work for AA out of JFK, and both have said that the DR has no pre testing requirements for all arriving passengers.
    If they did the airlines ( ticket agent) would be required to confirm that the passengers would have this document at the check in process. What they did confirm with me is at Punta Cana and Santiago, all passengers arriving will have to have their temperature scanned and a covid19 form will have to be filled out, along with the mandatory mask requirement during the entire stay of your vacation.
    This will be interesting as to how tourist will be able to purchase additional mask in a country that is known for a 2 price system

I think someone put out a bad doc this morning that was picked up by the news crew at DR1. That article refers you to the official protocols that state what you’ve posted here. I’m not sure what happens if you read 100.4 or above. Those protocols are in another doc that I chose not to try to translate. If I head down I’m bringing a thermometer. If I reading anywhere near 100 I’m not getting on the flight out of MIA.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Gotta believe if you are running a temp like that you won't get anywhere fast. Likely won't even get on a plane or at least you shouldn't

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,129 Times in 9,453 Posts

This is what I found yesterday on 'Dominican Today'

AVIATION BOARD APPROVED PROTOCOLS TO REACTIVATE SERVICES

The Aviation Board ( JAC ) and the Dominican Institute of Civil Aviation ( IDAC ) informed the aeronautical and airport community, both nationally and internationally, and to sectors related to the air transportation of passengers, cargo and mail, inside and outside of national borders, the approval of the “Protocol to reactivate Air Services in the Dominican Republic,” in the face of the Covid-19 pandemic.

It establishes the measures compatible with the essential requirements to guarantee the safety, health protection, and trust of the traveling public, which must be implemented at airports and must be complied with by passengers, crews, employees, and visitors of airport terminals.

“Likewise, it is reported that the reopening of air and airport operations is maintained for July 1 of the current year,” they emphasize in a statement signed by the general director of IDAC, Alejandro Herrera, and the president of the JAC, Luis Ernesto Camilo.

The Protocol, as they indicate, was the result of the consensus of public and private entities, linked to the air, aeronautical and airport transport sector, based on the recommendations of the health authorities, national and international organizations that regulate Civil Aviation and approved by the High-Level Commission that coordinates the actions for the management of the Coronavirus pandemic in the country.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The message was forwarded to me from El Rey, aka Mr. Flip Flop after I had him look into a questionalble 'Breaking News' video about the airport re-openings being delayed at SDQ and PCA.

Anyway, he seems to do his research and review official documents thoroughly before sharing information and seemed to be soloid up til now with his info....

I'd guess that most could go to a local clinic in the states and have a nurse or anyone in the office sign off on the standard medical questionaire that most of us have seen at one point or another the last few months--if there is the requirement.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So it does mention some sort of official protocol

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The message was forwarded to me from El Rey, aka Mr. Flip Flop after I had him look into a questionalble 'Breaking News' video about the airport re-openings being delayed at SDQ and PCA.

Anyway, he seems to do his research and review official documents thoroughly before sharing information and seemed to be soloid up til now with his info....

I'd guess that most could go to a local clinic in the states and have a nurse or anyone in the office sign off on the standard medical questionaire that most of us have seen at one point or another the last few months--if there is the requirement.
    But the document that Mr Flip Flop has specifically states that you need a PCR Covid 19 test, not a standard medical questionnaire.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    But the document that Mr Flip Flop has specifically states that you need a PCR Covid 19 test, not a standard medical questionnaire.
    I'm not in the states, so I don't know how medical facilities are handling certain cases. For example: if a person comes in the office and says that they need X documentation, are they actually doing all the tests or just asking questions and sending them on their way with a piece of paper. That's why I said what I said.

Point is medical clearance seems to be a requiredment and everyone should take it upon themselves to do their own due diligence before flying out.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm not in the states, so I don't know how medical facilities are handling certain cases. For example: if a person comes in the office and says that they need X documentation, are they actually doing all the tests or just asking questions and sending them on their way with a piece of paper. That's why I said what I said.

Point is medical clearance seems to be a requiredment and everyone should take it upon themselves to do their own due diligence before flying out.
    Well hopefully it's just a form that the passenger fills out.

The problem with the PCR Covid 19 test is that you don't receive same day results. It can take anywhere from 3 to 14 days to get a result. And from what i understand, that protocol from Mr Flip Flop says that DR won't honor a test that was taken more than 5 days prior. So good luck trying to time that out!

24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,364 Times in 78,283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    Well hopefully it's just a form that the passenger fills out.

The problem with the PCR Covid 19 test is that you don't receive same day results. It can take anywhere from 3 to 14 days to get a result. And from what i understand, that protocol from Mr Flip Flop says that DR won't honor a test that was taken more than 5 days prior. So good luck trying to time that out!

Let others go first.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Let others go first.
    That's how I feel about going to the states for a visit. Let them get the protocols in practice with the airport staff and airline staff etc...and get adjusted first. Worse thing is to be on the first flight and passengers and all the staff to be looking at each other asking.....do you know what to do? do you know what to do? Who knows what to do?

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,482 Times in 10,191 Posts

That's how I feel about going to the states for a visit. Let them get the protocols in practice with the airport staff and airline staff etc...and get adjusted first. Worse thing is to be on the first flight and passengers and all the staff to be looking at each other asking.....do you know what to do? do you know what to do? Who knows what to do?

Sounds like an average day at Spirit ,,,,,,
    " Expect The Best, Be Prepared For The Worst, Fuck What Others Think, And Do Your Own Thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to XXX For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XXX View Post
    Sounds like an average day at Spirit ,,,,,,
    And half the time going through customs in Miami.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,364 Times in 78,283 Posts

JFK was easy, put on a mask, get on the plane.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Here is a link to that document

https://www.idac.gob.do/protocolo-pa...ca-dominicana/

It is in Spanish of course.

I might be missing it but I don't see any reference to any requirement for Covid testing in the document but perhaps someone else will see it.

Quite frankly I am not buying the testing requirement as it would seem the airlines would be letting their passengers know about such a requirement if they are supposedly going to allow passengers to fly within the next 10 days.

But I think i figured out where this is coming from.
    There is a post on DR1 that looks like an official document from the IDAC it even shows on IDAC letterhead .

The thing is when you go to the IDAC website that particular document doesn't seem to be there in the same wording.

Turns out it is really a post by Dolores Vicioso who is the editor of DR1 and he/she appears to have added the PCR testing wording.

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,254 Times in 7,381 Posts

So, to cut the cards, what this all means is that we are all one step closer to beer and pussy, boys!

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,242 Times in 662 Posts

all that has been posted here is a bit confusing. if one flys to main airport in the DR, does one need to have in hand proof of passing a covid19 test? im not seeing that in the official documentation. and the part about getting tested there, do they mean at the airport they will administer an actual cova test, as opposed to simply taking their temperature?

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to curiousone For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information