Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    [/LIST]

He is alive
    He's probably in Costa Rica, right?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maretti For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,159 Times in 5,854 Posts

Re: 07/2020 - Current situation in Sosua - with Covid

The President has requested to extend the Emergency in the country for another 45 days starting from 18th, so up to about December 2, 2020. We shall know soon how it works out.
    ‘Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all’

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by questner View Post
    The President has requested to extend the Emergency in the country for another 45 days starting from 18th, so up to about December 2, 2020. We shall know soon how it works out.

Is he recommending they extend the curfew for 45 more days as well or just the state of emergency?

Do you have a link to the latest request

The new covid cases have been dropping nearly every day since the last extension

Gotta believe if they extend that curfew much longer they are going to have some serious civil unrest on their hands very soon.

They can only allow the people to suffer for so long with little to no financial support from the government before they decide they have had enough of it
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    Is he recommending they extend the curfew for 45 more days as well or just the state of emergency?

Do you have a link to the latest request

The new covid cases have been dropping nearly every day since the last extension

Gotta believe if they extend that curfew much longer they are going to have some serious civil unrest on their hands very soon.

They can only allow the people to suffer for so long with little to no financial support from the government before they decide they have had enough of it
    I don't know.

It seems the President has indicated he won't take more drastic measures, and ease the present situation when possible.

As I understand according to the law, there is a Special Situation, which makes the request for Emergency possible, and this Emergency in turn makes a curfew as we see now possible.

I think the curfew will remain. After all there is enough time before the holidays in December to make life easier.

And, of course, personally, I think the curfew doesn't help medically at all, it just the means to control the population in times of crisis.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I don't know.

It seems the President has indicated he won't take more drastic measures, and ease the present situation when possible.

As I understand according to the law, there is a Special Situation, which makes the request for Emergency possible, and this Emergency in turn makes a curfew as we see now possible.

I think the curfew will remain. After all there is enough time before the holidays in December to make life easier.

And, of course, personally, I think the curfew doesn't help medically at all, it just the means to control the population in times of crisis.
    I think the State of Emergency works in the DR much like they are using it in the USA

It basically gives the President power to unilaterally make decisions without much input from the legislature other than I believe they have to approve the powers to be afforded to him

It doesn't seem like he has become a dictator and taken advantage of those powers at this point

The problem is these state of emergencies were really designed to deal with an immediate catastrophe like a hurricane or an earthquake and things need to happen immediately. Now they are using it to combat Covid.

I suspect the curfew will remain as well and the suffering will continue or the people will decide enough is enough and blood will be shed.

The Governor of Michigan took her emergency powers to the extreme issuing one executive order after another with a complete dictatorial type of management style and what she got for it so far is a petition from the people with over 500,000 signatures to limit her emergency powers, a supreme court ruling invalidating many of her executive orders and a plot to assassinate her all in the last couple of weeks.

Life not to good for Whitmer right now and she still running her mouth.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

imho, - and I have never said that I ignore the malady or totally disapprove of every measure, given the inconsistencies of openly available information - the US have got 50 states and freedom of travel between the states, which the federal government can't easily impede on.

So whatever draconian measure each governor takes to ruin the economy does not make sense to me at all, they just take the low hanging fruit to avoid being charged with negligence and avoid responsibility, and try to score politically at the same time.

It's sole responsibility of the governor to call on the national guard in any situation that warrants it and without delay.

Some other places far away, if the governor abuse his duties or looses confidence of the president, he gets removed by the president, and the new governor appointed until new elections, it's just that simple.

As for Dom Rep, as I see the new President has taken on a lot of people's income and has made already a lot of enemies, which in my view, is not wise at all, especially in such banana place like the Caribbean. He says that the previous government has left the public purse empty. The whole country is in nosedive hanging by the remittances, thanks to the US economy

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Can't find a link to this do you have a link?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I don't know.

So you mad this up? Because I dont see a link.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hugrad95a View Post
    Sometimes I may be wrong or post my opinions you can disagree on. I never make things up, don't see any point doing it. What kind of benefit can I get by making things up here?

https://listindiario.com/la-republic...-de-emergencia

La República domingo, 11 de octubre de 2020

Presidente Abinader solicita otros 45 días de Estado de Emergencia

Es la segunda vez que Abinader solicita la extensión de la emergencia nacional

Santo Domingo, RD
    El presidente de la República, Luis Abinader, envió al Congreso de la República otro proyecto para prorrogar por 45 días más el Estado de Emergencia.

Es la segunda vez que Abinader solicita la extensión de la emergencia nacional luego de asumir el poder en medio de la pandemia del coronavirus.

La misiva fue enviada al presidente de la Cámara de Diputados, Alfredo Pacheco, el pasado viernes, una semana antes de que se venza el plazo de la que actualmente está el vigencia, el cual termina el próximo día 18.

El artículo número 28, de la Ley 21-18 establece que el Poder Ejecutivo puede solicitar la prórroga del Estado de Excepción, siempre y cuando prevalezcan las razones que dieron origen a su aplicación.

Para motivar la solicitud, se explica en el documento que “si bien se ha logrado contener el contagio de la enfermedad, gracias a las medidas adoptadas durante el Estado de Emergencia todavía es necesario mantener algunas de estas para lograr una reapertura social y económica segura”.

Señala que de esa forma se evitaría tener que retomar medidas más severas y que cuando las posibilidades lo permitan se podrían flexibilizar las medidas de distanciamiento social.

El último estado de emergencia fue aprobado por la Cámara de Diputados el pasado 28 de agosto, apenas dos semanas después de asumir el gobierno de Luis Abinader.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,129 Times in 9,453 Posts

Also mentioned here:

https://dominicantoday.com/dr/covid-...-of-emergency/

President Abinader requests another 45 days of State of Emergency

The President of the Republic, Luis Abinader, sent another request to the Congress of the Republic to extend the State of Emergency for another 45 days.

This is the second time Abinader requests the national emergency extension, after assuming power amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The letter was sent to the President of the Chamber of Deputies, Alfredo Pacheco, last Friday, one week before the current term expires, ending on October 18th.

Article number 28 of Law 21-18 establishes that the Executive Branch may request the extension of the State of Exception, as long as the reasons that gave rise to its application prevail.

The document explains that “although the contagion of the disease has been contained, thanks to the measures adopted during the State of Emergency, it is still necessary to maintain some of these measures to achieve a safe social and economic reopening.”

It points out that this would avoid having to reactivate more severe measures and that when the possibilities allow it, social distancing measures could be made more flexible.

The last state of emergency was approved by the Chamber of Deputies on 28 August, barely two weeks after Luis Abinader took office.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hugrad95a View Post
    Thanks for the links, could not find anything last night when you posted this.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,385 Times in 4,164 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hemp View Post
    Moshy2k is also trying to get me to the damn Philippines 🇵🇭 as we’ll 🙄 lol
    +1 for Moshy2k's suggestion
    Try our new ISOC Features!
    • Create a Countdown Timer for your upcoming trip or a special date here.
    • Print out one of our Money Cheat Sheets so you know much shit costs! here
    • Create Albums for your Pictures here.
    • Join Social Groups to view other's Albums here.
    • Browse our concise & informative Wiki here.
    • Learn Spanish, Check Exchange Rates, or The Weather.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Don Tomas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,129 Times in 9,453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Don Tomas View Post
    +1 for Moshy2k's suggestion
    +2 for Moshy2k's suggestion

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,791 Times in 353 Posts

I went to to the local CVS for a Covid test on Sunday and had the results on Tuesday,negative. Off to Sosua on Friday,six months of fun,sun and swimming in the warm caribbean waters vs. the cold north atlantic ocean for the last four months. I feel sorry for the first chica I hook up with,it's been a long five months in sex prison.

28. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to quietcorner911 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quietcorner911 View Post
    I went to to the local CVS for a Covid test on Sunday and had the results on Tuesday,negative. Off to Sosua on Friday,six months of fun,sun and swimming in the warm caribbean waters vs. the cold north atlantic ocean for the last four months. I feel sorry for the first chica I hook up with,it's been a long five months in sex prison.

Did you get the test for you own peace of mind?

The DR does not require a covid test for entry at this time.

Enjoy your time there hopefully they can get rid of that curfew soon so things can get back to normal whatever that might be.

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,791 Times in 353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    Did you get the test for you own peace of mind?

The DR does not require a covid test for entry at this time.

Enjoy your time there hopefully they can get rid of that curfew soon so things can get back to normal whatever that might be.
    I got it because I had flu like symptoms the week before and I did not want to get on a plane to a third world country with half assed healthcare facilities if I had the virus,I am in the high risk category therefore I thought it was the most prudent thing to do. All of my doctors are against me traveling but there is no way I am shoveling snow,I've done all of that that I want to do.

32. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to quietcorner911 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,975 Times in 607 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by quietcorner911 View Post
    I got it because I had flu like symptoms the week before and I did not want to get on a plane to a third world country with half assed healthcare facilities if I had the virus,I am in the high risk category therefore I thought it was the most prudent thing to do. All of my doctors are against me traveling but there is no way I am shoveling snow,I've done all of that that I want to do.
    Tourists are covered by insurance until December 31, 2020 and it's very likely that tourists would be treated in the best facilities, specially in Santo Domingo. I was there in July (I think I got it) and will be there again next month.

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maretti For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,134 Times in 303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maretti View Post
    Tourists are covered by insurance until December 31, 2020 and it's very likely that tourists would be treated in the best facilities, specially in Santo Domingo. I was there in July (I think I got it) and will be there again next month.
    If you're talking about tourists being covered by the DR government incentive, it's only tourists staying in all-inclusive resorts that have access to the coverage.

36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sopranostingray For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Just priced my individual coverage, about $3.5 CAD per day for my age for non-US trip

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Just priced my individual coverage, about $3.5 CAD per day for my age for non-US trip
    What does it cover?

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information