Thread: 09/2022 - Newb here - looking at DR trip

Thanks

09/2022 - Newb here - looking at DR trip

Hi all. New here and looking at planning a trip to DR. Mid 50’s white dude from US divorced and no action for years. Some experience in PI and Thailand when young in the Navy. Just lookin to chill at the beach and play with as many chicas as possible. Been reading about Blackbeards/Victoria house/DRnights etc. looks like flying into Punta Cana most affordable. Anyhow looking forward to possible trip. Thanks.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ccryder For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Re: Newb here - looking at DR trip

Welcome

Most newbies to the DR typically head to the north coast.

Black beards is in the Costambar or the Puerto Plata area. Many like the place. It is kinda mongering on training wheels in the DR and you will likely want to move on to somewhere else like Sosua after a few days.
    Sosua is where you will find the most action on the north coast. It is not what it once was but you can still likely have a good time there.

I wouldn't go to DR nights if it was me since it is really expensive

Not sure where you came up with Victoria House. There used to be a hotel in Sosua by that name but not a place most stay at anymore

You might find the flight cost into Punta Cana as affordable but everything else like the chicas will cost you much more.

If you plan to head to Sosua or the north coast then flying into PC is probably not the best bet as you will waste a good day traveling one way

If you fly into POP than Blackbeards and Sosua work the best

You can also fly into Santiago or Santo Domingo but will have some travel time getting to where you want to go

Boca Chica is close to Santo Domingo if you decide to fly there.

Guess it depends on how long you will be in the country

You said you have some monger experience in PI and Thailand but is it safe to assume that was several years ago?
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yes it was late 80s early 90s. So indeed maybe back on “training wheels”…never really travelled solo overseas but was many places in my youth with US Navy. Looking at a trip over Thanksgiving week. Kinda know what feels “ok” vs “sketchy” in terms of environment. Having a hard time navigating site as I am unfamiliar with the bulliten board style of posting. Came across some other posts but can’t seem to find em again. Anyhow thanks for your response. Appreciate the help.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ccryder For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ccryder View Post
    Hi all. New here and looking at planning a trip to DR. Mid 50’s white dude from US divorced and no action for years. Some experience in PI and Thailand when young in the Navy. Just lookin to chill at the beach and play with as many chicas as possible. Been reading about Blackbeards/Victoria house/DRnights etc. looks like flying into Punta Cana most affordable. Anyhow looking forward to possible trip. Thanks.

Punta Cana is not a place to go.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes it was late 80s early 90s. So indeed maybe back on “training wheels”…never really travelled solo overseas but was many places in my youth with US Navy. Looking at a trip over Thanksgiving week. Kinda know what feels “ok” vs “sketchy” in terms of environment. Having a hard time navigating site as I am unfamiliar with the bulliten board style of posting. Came across some other posts but can’t seem to find em again. Anyhow thanks for your response. Appreciate the help.

This format been around many decades.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    You said you have some monger experience in PI and Thailand but is it safe to assume that was several years ago?
    40 years ago

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: 09/2022 - Newb here - looking at DR trip

Indeed Thanks for the warning on Punta Cana. Seems like North is where it’s better from what I am reading. In truth I am also starting to take trips to ID possible retirement locales. DR just also seems to have what I am looking for after a nasty divorce.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ccryder For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Indeed Thanks for the warning on Punta Cana. Seems like North is where it’s better from what I am reading. In truth I am also starting to take trips to ID possible retirement locales. DR just also seems to have what I am looking for after a nasty divorce.

My last 8 trips were to Boca Chica.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

My last DR trip was to Blackbeard's, in December 2019, to celebrate my birthday. Definitely a good time.

If Sosua and Boca Chica are "the jungle," Blackbeard's is more of a "petting zoo." It's a couple of blocks' walk from Costambar beach, which is busy on Sundays but quiet the rest of the week. It's semi-private, not completely walled-in like Field Of Dreams, so there's no nudity around the pool. (Their restaurant is very good, and locals come in for lunch and supper.) The girls are freelancers, and there's a mamasan who rides herd on them and also serves as an emcee for their evening and weekend events. It's a comfortably laid-back sort of place, albeit the disco can get pretty loud on party nights.

As I understand, their rates have changed since COVID. In 2019, IIRC, it was 1500 pesos short-time (one pop) and 3000 pesos "toda la noche." With the peso at nearly 53 to one dollar, and the dollar itself losing value to inflation, I'd say it's justified that they raise the rates across-the-board.

If you're trying to get back into the Game after decades of married strife, Blackbeard's is definitely "easy mode."

(BTW: Punta Cana is all about All-Inclusive resorts. No outside chicas allowed on the property. That's why Jimmy said "no go.")
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

If you are set on the DR (and others here would recommend other countries), then Blackbeards sounds best for you, espcially if for less than a week. If longer than a week, then you might want to start at Blackbeards to get your bearings in a safe environment, then move to Sosua.

If you do stay at Blackbeards, you may wish to visit Puerto Plata city for a change of scenery during midday and afternoons. If so, I would be pleased to meet you for a drink or barfood on the Malecon (sea-front). But do not expect updated intel on bars and chicas from me. I am way retired from the hobby.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

I recommend you take the hit and fly into Santiago or Puerto Plata. You don't want to spend hours and hours on a ice cold bus.

Punta Cana has bars with girls, but the prices are more than you want to pay since it's AI territory.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thread Information