Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: 11/2022 - Camaro's Journal 2022

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Age
    55
    Posts
    8,584
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    28,722
    Thanked 86,586 Times in 8,569 Posts

    11/2022 - Camaro's Journal 2022

    Camaro's Journal 2022

    In October I made my 8th year living in the Dominican Republic. My original plan was to get another LE job after I retired, double dip and get fat well that fell through, so I decided to just live on my favorite Island and get fat...haaaaaa!

    I see a few other old timers have retired Jimmy, Xman, Smooth and Sage all of which I wish the best and look forward to reading about your adventures.

    I have travelled extensively throughout the country but 2021 was very intense. Some of my trips I made with SrSuerte but the majority were solo. I look at my Google map for 2021 and can't believe I did that much:

    Screenshot_20221111-015200_Instagram.jpg

    There are only a few places I haven't been and many I'd like to return to when time permits.

  2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:


  3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!
    Join Date
    Always
    Age
    2010
    Posts
    Many
     
  4. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    58
    Posts
    7,424
    Thanks
    44,692
    Thanked 50,456 Times in 7,195 Posts

    Re: Camaro's Journal 2022

    Congrats on entering your 8th year, or would it be now into your 9th, of living in the DomRep. As you know, the number of years that an average retired LE lives, is roughly a dozen years less than the average lifespan. A lot of retired cops in the graveyard by 65,66 years old. And younger. Hope you enjoy many more years of good living and good health.

    I figure being where you are beats metro Atlanta any day of the week.

    Looking at that map and all those red dots, I recall you saying that you were giving up the long driving trips throughout the island, or at least you were cutting way back. So for most, if not all, of those various locations, did you rely on the bus to arrive at these places? Either Metro or Caribe Tours? I've ridden the buses on a few occasions over the years, both Metro and Caribe, and found Metro to be quicker and have a bit more room, making for a slightly more comfortable ride.

    What's your opinion of the bus operations with each, as I assume you have many hours as a passenger with each?

    And congrats again. I could imagine living there, as you get older, has helped to at least keep you young at heart.

  5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:


  6. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Age
    55
    Posts
    8,584
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    28,722
    Thanked 86,586 Times in 8,569 Posts

    Re: Camaro's Journal 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    Congrats on entering your 8th year, or would it be now into your 9th, of living in the DomRep. As you know, the number of years that an average retired LE lives, is roughly a dozen years less than the average lifespan. A lot of retired cops in the graveyard by 65,66 years old. And younger. Hope you enjoy many more years of good living and good health.

    I figure being where you are beats metro Atlanta any day of the week.

    Looking at that map and all those red dots, I recall you saying that you were giving up the long driving trips throughout the island, or at least you were cutting way back. So, for most, if not all, of those various locations, did you rely on the bus to arrive at these places? Either Metro or Caribe Tours? I've ridden the buses on a few occasions over the years, both Metro and Caribe, and found Metro to be quicker and have a bit more room, making for a slightly more comfortable ride.

    What's your opinion of the bus operations with each, as I assume you have many hours as a passenger with each?

    And congrats again. I could imagine living there, as you get older, has helped to at least keep you young at heart.
    Thanks, and yes, I am beginning my 9th year. I arrived at the end of October 2014. Interesting statistic I turn 65 tomorrow and I am still kicking.

    It has been a mix some trips have been me driving some has been using public transportation and others have been me hiring a driver for the day and going for a ride. I found a good taxista through SrSuerte who is very trustworthy so when I do not want to drive or take public transportation, I contract him for the day and off we go.

    I only rode Metro a few times too long ago and I do not recall the experience very well. I ended up with Caribe Tours because they have service every hour and express service that's skips Santiago when I am going to Santo Domingo which saves about an hour on the trip. I would choose Caribe Tours hands down. I always sit in the very back it is not as cold back there as in the middle of the bus.

    I have only been to Las Vegas once and I remember the electricity and excitement of the town but I neither gamble nor partook in the activities the town is well known for. It still was a great trip I was there to see the jazz artist Najee.

    Thanks for the congrats same to you I look forward to reading your reports.

  7. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:


  8. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Age
    59
    Posts
    116,325
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    323,481
    Thanked 259,879 Times in 77,785 Posts

    Re: 11/2022 - Camaro's Journal 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    Camaro's Journal 2022


    I see a few other old timers have retired Jimmy, Xman, Smooth and Sage all of which I wish the best and look forward to reading about your adventures.


    Screenshot_20221111-015200_Instagram.jpg

    There are only a few places I haven't been and many I'd like to return to when time permits.

    20 months at my new home.



    You want access to trip reports?

    Google Wallet

    JDRent97@gmail.com



  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:


  10. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Age
    55
    Posts
    8,584
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    28,722
    Thanked 86,586 Times in 8,569 Posts

    Re: 11/2022 - Camaro's Journal 2022

    Puerto Plata Cultural Festival

    I had a great birthday weekend beginning with the Puerto Plata cultural festival.

    1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg
    4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

  11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:


  12. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Age
    55
    Posts
    8,584
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    28,722
    Thanked 86,586 Times in 8,569 Posts

    Re: 11/2022 - Camaro's Journal 2022

    Sea Horse Restaurant

    I spent my 65th birthday at Sea Horse Ranch restaurant at the Sea Horse residential property in-between Sosua and Cabarette.

    3.jpg4.jpg

    Security was tighter than Fort Knox. They check your ID at the front gate and give you a plaque for your vehicle and pass to enter the property. There were security officers at almost every corner.

    The restaurant has an incredible view of the beach and there is an inside section and outside section. Both the food and service were GREAT I highly recommend the experience.
    Last edited by camaro1257; 11-23-2022 at 03:27 AM.

  13. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:


  14. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Santo Domingo
    Age
    70
    Posts
    15,775
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    300,134
    Thanked 84,062 Times in 13,820 Posts

    Re: 11/2022 - Camaro's Journal 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    Sea Horse Restaurant

    I spent my 65th birthday at Sea Horse Ranch restaurant at the Sea Horse residential property in-between Sosua and Cabarette.

    Attachment 1695183.jpg4.jpg

    Security was tighter than Fort Knox. They check your ID at the front gate and give you a plaque for your vehicle and pass to enter the property. There were security officers at almost every corner.

    The restaurant has an incredible view of the beach and there is an inside section and outside section. Both the food and service were GREAT I highly recommend the experience.
    I could tell you some really interesting stories about the security at Sea Horse.

    Ever heard about the time they wouldn't give Interpol access to arrest someone? Rock solid security.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

    "Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

  15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:


  16. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,918
    Thanks
    29,270
    Thanked 30,851 Times in 5,755 Posts

    Re: 11/2022 - Camaro's Journal 2022

    Great way to celebrate. Hopefully, your companion has given her security a night off.
    ‘Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all’

  17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:


  18. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Age
    55
    Posts
    8,584
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    28,722
    Thanked 86,586 Times in 8,569 Posts

    Re: 11/2022 - Camaro's Journal 2022

    My new modus operandi

    There will be no more Sosua # or Puerto Plata # for me. Stroking 100 different women a year isn't for me anymore the old saying goes

    "Been there done that"

    I can't even say I really enjoyed it because as I look back most of that time is a blur and I can only picture some of the faces in my head. I am getting old my memory fades me.

    I had a Sosua chic reach out to me on Facebook recently and she really didn't remember me she had been to my place about 3 times. I passed on her. I guess we are a blur to them just like they are a blur to us.

    I still use Cupid and if a chic is an obvious pro especially if she has a price I move on no discussion. Dealing with non-pros is literally more work and sometimes a pain in the ass. It can be just like dating in the States, the difference is in my 60's I can easily date women 30 years my junior in the States not so much.

    My sweet spot is the 30-40 range. You would be surprised how many older Dominican women go to the gym and have decent bodies. I target women who have a job which can be difficult because their work schedule leaves them unavailable at times, but I find I have more to talk about with a 30 or 40 something that works than a 20 something that doesn't work and is ready to go after sex.

    Teachers are a great fit for me as I have dated 3. They earn between 25-50,000 pesos a month which is nothing by U.S standards but by D.R. standards it's decent. They work normal hours and have weekends off and can come to Puerto Plata to visit if they live in Santo Domingo.

    Long distance relationships work very well for me because I like the idea of a semi commitment, I can spend a day or 2 with a chic hang out and she goes back to her life, and I go back to mine. There are decent women in Puerto Plata but very difficult to find and hold on to. Most of the chics in Puerto Plata who are available for men in their 60s are in the game and the others are just not interested.

    I was joking with Tgunz the other day and he laughed when I said I am no longer a monger I am a serial dater...haaaaaaaaa! If a chic is super serious talking marriage or children, I generally avoid them. Some last 2 or 3 months, something either happens on their side or mine and we go our own separate ways. Sometimes it's a smooth transition sometimes it's not.

    The chic I spent my birthday with I have been seeing on and off for a year she's cool as a fan and believe it or not has never asked me for anything. Yeah, I know a year no begging it's hard to believe but it's true. She's been having headaches and come to find out she broke her glasses and has not replaced them so she's straining her eyes. I bought her some glasses, and she was so grateful, it felt good to do something for her after all she's done for me cooking, cleaning and making sure I am empty when she returns home.

    Call me corny but I'd rather help a chic who treats me right than pay some entitled chic money just because I had sex with her. We all pay one way or another as for me I'd rather use my money to help a decent chic. There are so many out here, but you just have to find them.
    Last edited by camaro1257; 11-18-2022 at 10:02 AM.

  19. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:


  20. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Age
    55
    Posts
    8,584
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    28,722
    Thanked 86,586 Times in 8,569 Posts

    Re: 11/2022 - Camaro's Journal 2022

    Is she a pro, semi-pro or non-pro

    Sometimes the status of a woman can be hard to discern. Pros are generally obvious in that they make clear their desire for a quid pro quo exchange sex for money. Sosua, Tinder or Seeking Arrangements and the like.

    However, some are not so clear, case in point. I met this chic on Cupid:

    Screenshot_20221118-101354_Instagram.jpg

    During our WhatsApp conversation there was no indication she was a pro as she said she had a job. We met in Santo Domingo for dinner, and everything was on the up and up, in fact she speaks English, but we spoke entirely in Spanish. She left and I gave her money for the Uber.

    Next date I came to her apartment in Santo Domingo and she fixed air fried fish and vegetables which was pretty good. Don't ask me how but somehow, I ended up in her bedroom...haaaaa!

    She gave BBBJ for a long time tried to get in, but she said she was on her period. Rested a while started kissing and ooooops accidently slipped in no blood no nothing.

    Afterwards she asked me to go with her to the grocery store she got a few items and had a credit card in her hand, but I stepped forward and paid. She just said thanks and put her card away.

    Was she a semi or non pro I wasn't sure until Hunter and I had lunch and he showed me her picture...ohhhhhh snapppp! He later told me he smashed and did what he does afterwards.

    Some chics are obviously non pros between their job family demeanor etc. but some chics like this one can be hard to read.

    Lesson learned:

    Some of these chics are like chameleons they adjust to whomever they are spending time with. In hindsight I think she was a chameleon who was reading me as much as I was trying to read her.

  21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:


  22. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    19,168
    Thanks
    21,638
    Thanked 97,397 Times in 17,106 Posts

    Re: 11/2022 - Camaro's Journal 2022

    Haha....that Ruby was a WILD one....damn...PSE....nice person. Good having lunch with you Cam overlooking Residential Hispanola...nice view....Make sure to tour that crazy castle at top of hill sometime.

    Happy Birthday. Damn Cam looking good at 65. Clean living...no booze and salmon....unlike some of us...lol.... "Serial dater" - yeah that is good moniker for you

  23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:


  24. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,918
    Thanks
    29,270
    Thanked 30,851 Times in 5,755 Posts

    Re: 11/2022 - Camaro's Journal 2022

    Serial dater or monger, pro or non-pro, you don't know until you partake,

    same lesson from quantum mechanics in a daily setting:

    You take a pair 2 identical socks. When you put one on the left foot, the second one automatically becomes the right sock

  25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:


  26. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Age
    50
    Posts
    6,034
    Thanks
    46,496
    Thanked 53,022 Times in 6,003 Posts

    Re: 11/2022 - Camaro's Journal 2022

    I missed reading your journal, glad you're back to updating it. Happy belated birthday.
    We don't catch feelings, we catch flights.

  27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tarzan For This Useful Post:


  28. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Santo Domingo
    Age
    70
    Posts
    15,775
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    300,134
    Thanked 84,062 Times in 13,820 Posts

    Laughing Re: 11/2022 - Camaro's Journal 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    My new modus operandi

    There will be no more Sosua # or Puerto Plata # for me. Stroking 100 different women a year isn't for me anymore the old saying goes

    "Been there done that"

    I can't even say I really enjoyed it because as I look back most of that time is a blur and I can only picture some of the faces in my head. I am getting old my memory fades me.

    I had a Sosua chic reach out to me on Facebook recently and she really didn't remember me she had been to my place about 3 times. I passed on her. I guess we are a blur to them just like they are a blur to us.

    I still use Cupid and if a chic is an obvious pro especially if she has a price I move on no discussion. Dealing with non-pros is literally more work and sometimes a pain in the ass. It can be just like dating in the States, the difference is in my 60's I can easily date women 30 years my junior in the States not so much.

    My sweet spot is the 30-40 range. You would be surprised how many older Dominican women go to the gym and have decent bodies. I target women who have a job which can be difficult because their work schedule leaves them unavailable at times, but I find I have more to talk about with a 30 or 40 something that works than a 20 something that doesn't work and is ready to go after sex.

    Teachers are a great fit for me as I have dated 3. They earn between 25-50,000 pesos a month which is nothing by U.S standards but by D.R. standards it's decent. They work normal hours and have weekends off and can come to Puerto Plata to visit if they live in Santo Domingo.

    Long distance relationships work very well for me because I like the idea of a semi commitment, I can spend a day or 2 with a chic hang out and she goes back to her life, and I go back to mine. There are decent women in Puerto Plata but very difficult to find and hold on to. Most of the chics in Puerto Plata who are available for men in their 60s are in the game and the others are just not interested.

    I was joking with Tgunz the other day and he laughed when I said I am no longer a monger I am a serial dater...haaaaaaaaa! If a chic is super serious talking marriage or children, I generally avoid them. Some last 2 or 3 months, something either happens on their side or mine and we go our own separate ways. Sometimes it's a smooth transition sometimes it's not.

    The chic I spent my birthday with I have been seeing on and off for a year she's cool as a fan and believe it or not has never asked me for anything. Yeah, I know a year no begging it's hard to believe but it's true. She's been having headaches and come to find out she broke her glasses and has not replaced them so she's straining her eyes. I bought her some glasses, and she was so grateful, it felt good to do something for her after all she's done for me cooking, cleaning and making sure I am empty when she returns home.

    Call me corny but I'd rather help a chic who treats me right than pay some entitled chic money just because I had sex with her. We all pay one way or another as for me I'd rather use my money to help a decent chic. There are so many out here, but you just have to find them.
    All I can say is "I told you so."

  29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:


  30. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Age
    55
    Posts
    8,584
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    28,722
    Thanked 86,586 Times in 8,569 Posts

    Re: 11/2022 - Camaro's Journal 2022

    Bohio Restaurant

    Bohio Restaurant is on the Puerto Plata Sosua Hwy inside The Palms at Starhill. It is on the right traveling east from Puerto Plata toward Sosua. The food, service and music are excellent. It makes a great date location and I highly recommend it.

    1.jpg
    4.jpg6.jpg

    My date was a Santo Domingo Seeking Arrangements chic from 2 years ago. Shout out to JD and Hunter for all the Seeking Arrangements tips they were fruitful, but I have since retired. Cupid provides the more traditional woman although there still the gold digging types I have met many professional women there.

    I did meet 2 professional chics on Seeking Arrangements a pharmacist and my date who is an accountant. We hit it off very well and had several productive dates and she never tried to hit me over the head or beg like many of the others. She went ghost for about 2 weeks, so I figured she got someone who was doing things more to her liking. She got back in contact with me like nothing happened and hit me for some money I got 38 HOT I went off on her and cut her off.

    I was on Cupid and who did I see but my old long-lost friend. We had words about what happened and picked up where we left off. She an accountant about to finish her radiology degree where she will make twice as much money. We had a great talk about her ambitions, and she is right up my alley. She’s the type of chic if she needed something I’d be glad to help.

    I have curtailed my Santo Domingo trips trying to save on hotels and lodging. I met her at Caribe Tours Puerto Plata we went to my place talked for a while she asked for a massage, and I obliged. The rest was history the sex was better than before.
    We rested went to dinner came back to my place for more fun then we went to one of the few Terrazas we have in Puerto Plata I may just do a review on those later.

    Great restaurant better date with no complaints. I usually do not go backwards when I am done, I am done but I am glad I made an exception to the rule.
    Last edited by camaro1257; 12-03-2022 at 04:59 PM.

  31. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:


  32. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Age
    55
    Posts
    8,584
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    28,722
    Thanked 86,586 Times in 8,569 Posts

    Re: 11/2022 - Camaro's Journal 2022

    Working women in the Dominican Republic

    When I was mongering, I used to think Dominican women were lazy because I always heard complaints about jobs and how their prostitution was necessary. The problem was I was dealing with PFP chics many of which did not want to work or did not have skills to have a decent job.

    When I started dating normal women, I discovered how wrong I was. For example, my Santo Domingo date is an accountant who finishes radiology school in a few months, and not only will she double her pay but she has the potential to work multiple jobs doing the same thing in different places with a floating schedule increasing her pay immensely.

    I dated a teacher who tutored in the evenings after class and worked in a clothing store on the weekends. Likewise, I have met several women who have more than one job and are just plain ole hustlers. I can identify more with them because I started working at 16 and didn't stop until I retired. The more I deal with working women the more difficult it will be for me to appreciate those who state clearly, they do not want to work.

    The flip side is some Dominican women use work as a facade to cover their PFP activities which is like a part time job and of course there are women with restaurants, salons and other types of businesses that have sponsors behind the scenes. These women insist they are independent, but the reality is they are codependent on whomever is helping to keep them afloat.

    Bottom line is there is a world outside of PFP that I am still learning how to navigate.

  33. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:


  34. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Age
    55
    Posts
    8,584
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    28,722
    Thanked 86,586 Times in 8,569 Posts

    Re: 11/2022 - Camaro's Journal 2022

    No plans on going back

    I mentioned previously one of my old Sosua regulars who came to my place a few times when I was still in that phase.

    288892933_500031561879855_6738945814135997671_n.jpg

    We were Facebook friends back in the day, but I have since unfriended her. That didn't stop her from sending me the infrequent "Hola" for the past few years. She says she doesn't remember me but why she keeps contacting a stranger who is not in her Facebook friends list is beyond me.

    NEVA say never but I have no desire to go back to my wicked ways...Haaaaaaaaaaaaa!

  35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •