Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Closest mongering joint

Thanks
    Thanked 15,563 Times in 2,554 Posts

Closest mongering joint

Fellas, I'm going to POP from November 8-14, but will spend the evening of the 14th in Santiago for an early morning (15th) return flight to the states. I will be staying at the Aloha Sol. Can anyone tell me where the closest mongering joint to the Aloha Sol might be? Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 41,237 Times in 7,792 Posts

Re: Closest mongering joint

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon
    Fellas, I'm going to POP from November 8-14, but will spend the evening of the 14th in Santiago for an early morning (15th) return flight to the states. I will be staying at the Aloha Sol. Can anyone tell me where the closest mongering joint to the Aloha Sol might be? Thanks.
    Try illusions or casa Blanca.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,007 Times in 3,410 Posts

Re: Closest mongering joint

Hi there,

Do you speak Spanish?

If you do not speak Spanish, then you will have a hard time at Illusion. The owner of this place does not speak English.

And the girls speaks very little (close to ZERO) English.

Pasion is also a nice place. The owner of this place speaks good English.

good luck.

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts
    i don't speak spanish either but i communicated with the girlsthere thru there cell phones. they typed in the $$$ and i said no they kept comeing down till we settled on an agrreable price
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by whynotme
    i don't speak spanish either but i communicated with the girlsthere thru there cell phones. they typed in the $$$ and i said no they kept comeing down till we settled on an agrreable price
    Basically you just need to know a few amounts.

Thanks
    NWO, unfortunately I don't speak enough Spanish to carry on a decent conversation. A damn shame considering I'm part Mexican-American.

However, because I have a 3:15am flight out of Santiago on the 15th, I was looking for a place close to the hotel I'll be staying at so that I can monger, get back to the hotel and shower and check out before I have to head to the airport. I do recall reading your comments about Illusions in another post, so maybe I'll check out Casa Blanca.

Thanks
    NWO, unfortunately I don't speak enough Spanish to carry on a decent conversation. A damn shame considering I'm part Mexican-American.

However, because I have a 3:15am flight out of Santiago on the 15th, I was looking for a place close to the hotel I'll be staying at so that I can monger, get back to the hotel and shower and check out before I have to head to the airport. I do recall reading your comments about Illusions in another post, so maybe I'll check out Casa Blanca.
    What do you plan on doing? 10PM to midnight with a chica?

Thanks
    I'm not quite sure when I'll start (though certainly no later than 10pm), but a midnight cutoff time sounds about right. What time do the places start opening?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts
    why not spend the day in santiago. hit the carwashes and get a chica for the day. send her away at mignight
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks
    Apos, part of my trip involves looking for a 2nd home in POP. My hope and intent is to settle on something (I've been looking for several months now) and leave a deposit as I have narrowed my search down to a few places. So, if that is the case, I may have to take care of some last minute stuff before I head over to Santiago. Additionally, I decided to take some advice from this site and rent a car (I had previously posted a thread (titled "Monger Guide") and will have to return it. Bottom line is that I won't be able to get over to Santiago until later in the afternoon, probably about 5:00pm. Do you know of any places that I could hit about that time?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    i'm sure DT is the answerman on this one but i'd think there are bars and carwashes like kelvins that would have some avtion by then. the pickin's may be slimmer but all it takes is 1 good chica

Thanks
    The problem, though, is that there will be 5 guys. Not good odds. Might have to seperate the business from friendship on this one. LOL. Thanks alot fellas for the help.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    try a quick site search for santiago...there's a ton of info on here.

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts
    If you're getting into town early evening, definitely hit up the car washes. Go to a few of them and just collect numbers and arrange to meet them at closing(12am). If you hit a few different car washes, each one of you should collect at least two numbers each. The chicas can't leave with you until after closing, so at 11ish, start calling the hoes. Hopefully, everyone should get good and you guys can start rounding them up at 12am for a cabana run. Whichever one of you is unsuccessful, let him watch the car!!

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psriches
    If you're getting into town early evening, definitely hit up the car washes. Go to a few of them and just collect numbers and arrange to meet them at closing(12am). If you hit a few different car washes, each one of you should collect at least two numbers each. The chicas can't leave with you until after closing, so at 11ish, start calling the hoes. Hopefully, everyone should get good and you guys can start rounding them up at 12am for a cabana run. Whichever one of you is unsuccessful, let him watch the car!!
    That's what I like, you have it down to a science.

Thanks
    Apos, I did my search first and, although there was plenty of info on places to go, I was specifically curious about places closest to Aloha Sol so that I don't find myself making a last minute, lengthy, run to the hotel to try and get my shit to head to the airport. I am not fond of having to rush at the last minute.

psriches, the problem is that I'll have to be getting ready to get to the airport about that time (12:00pm).

If things don't work out, no problem. If I get a place there in POP I intend to ship a vehicle over and start doing some longer term trips, and really take the opportunity to get around.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    great, sounds like you're gonna have a good time even if nothing happens that night!

have you really researched about shipping a vehicle vs just buying one in the DR? www.DR1.com has many threads on this but my take is that it's usually better to sell yours where you live and buy on the island. there are certain exceptions but....any way you sound like you do your homework

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts
    When i take that late flight, i bring the chica and my shit with me to the cabana. Afterwards, i put her in a taxi and straight to the airport.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Apostropheman
    have you really researched about shipping a vehicle vs just buying one in the DR? www.DR1.com has many threads on this but my take is that it's usually better to sell yours where you live and buy on the island. there are certain exceptions but....any way you sound like you do your homework
    Absolutely. I have used the DR1 site extensively and have been in touch with a few folks. Part of my problem is that I have a few vehicles at home and I'm just not fond of the idea of buying another one when I could simply ship one and scale back a bit on what I've got here. Additionally, I would feel more comfortable with what I have rather than take the chance on ending up with some DR piece of crap.

I have been in touch with someone who lives there and has shipped his vehicle over there who has stated that he didn't have any problems. I will be in touch with him. I also have a cousin who is married to a Dominican woman and he is going to put me in touch with some folks he knows in our immediate area who he uses to ship with who are from the DR. I'm not saying it's foolproof, but it works for me. I've checked out costs for shipping and import tax, as well as the cost for a comparable vehicle. Again, I'd rather go with my own.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information