Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Introducing - terrierist

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Re: Introducing - terrierist

Quote Originally Posted by terrierist View Post
    First, let me again say that I found this discussion board AFTER I had made my plans. Second, it's $179 / day, not $300. I figured it'd cost me $100 for chicas anyway...I don't know Spanish and I have never travelled outside Canada/U.S. I just can't imagine negotiating by counting fingers and then expecting we both had a good understanding of the "services" proferred. This allows me to get the lay of the land for next time. Anyways, that leaves me with a $79 / night charge for room, food, and booze. Not bad from my point of view, 'cuz DR rum is very nice.

Here in the great white north of Canuckland or in much of the U.S., it would be $300 (2 hours full service) for the lady, $40 booze tab, $139 cheap room, $100 food/day. $179 seems reasonable. I drink rum, not beer, so I don't care about the premium beer upcharge if there is one.

Now I expect to come back to DR again later with a bit of Spanish and knowledge of the customs, but a guy's gotta start somewhere, and without your wise and unfettered tutilage, JimmyDR, this was the only way I figured I'd get there with some chance of not getting scammed, mugged, dosed or all of the above with my ID stolen. I repeat: A guy's gotta start somewhere so FO if you don't like it. I expect that I might even stay at Cristal's MustangRanchResort again, though I probably will go mongering on my own, rather than with the AI package if my espanol is up to the task.

Still, for those interested (and JimmyDR doesn't have to read it if he doesn't want), I will post my unbiased review as soon as I return or when I'm there if the internet connections are decent. So far, they've treated me well and with respect, answering numerous silly, obvious and obscure questions. They've answered my questions quickly and didn't require the fax of my credit card or driver's license when I explained my concerns.

And if they'll actually pick me up at the airport as arranged...I'll be starting in the plus.

Now chill and let's just have some fun.

My main problem is the owner of the place. I know him since 2002. I can deal with the chicas asking what they are asking but not with his logic. In the beginning the salida was $24 and we would go to his place, naybe 6 of us everyday and take 6 chicas out and he woud give us a $15 Salida. He would make $90 a day from us and everyone was happy.

His Salida is now $40 and there are 20-30 of us around many invasions. We could take 20 chicas out daily for a week if he came down but he won't. If you go there you will see many chicas going home at closing time. I would pay a $20 Salida and with 10 guys, thats $200 a day for him.

Times have changed. In 2002 if you went near closing time, 80% of his 30 chicas were Salidad out. You got there at 10PM to get who you wanted.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Terse?? What does that mean? Is that Spanish? Que eso?
    Wake up, Jimmy! "terrierist" is the OP's name (and he has explained its derivation). I thought I was supposed to be the senile one. Butter yourself a bagel and dream on about Colombia.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    Wake up, Jimmy! "terrierist" is the OP's name (and he has explained its derivation). I thought I was supposed to be the senile one. Butter yourself a bagel and dream on about Colombia.
    Someone said I was Terse? I admitted that a hooker that acted as if she had the brains of a 12 year old still would be smarter than me so What does it mean?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My main problem is the owner of the place ... etc.
    That's irrelevant so long as they honor their deal with terrierist. If they don't, then we can badmouth the place. We are fortunate that terrierist is volunteering to be our guinea-pig at his own expense and has promised to report for us (hopefully with dirty pictures ). If he were asking you to subsidise him I could understand your bitching from the sidelines.

What happened to your New Year Resolution to be more generous in spirit?
    I am crabby, but you are twice as crabby although you are 27(?) years younger. Why don't you give up your job counting beans and volunteer to help disadvantaged children? It would be good for your heart.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

That's irrelevant so long as they honor their deal with terrierist. If they don't, then we can badmouth the place. We are fortunate that terrierist is volunteering to be our guinea-pig at his own expense and has promised to report for us (hopefully with dirty pictures ). If he were asking you to subsidise him I could understand your bitching from the sidelines.

Another big word, more trouble.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

What happened to your New Year Resolution to be more generous in spirit?
    I am crabby, but you are twice as crabby although you are 27(?) years younger. Why don't you give up your job counting beans and volunteer to help disadvantaged children? It would be good for your heart.
    I have a $25,000 a year hooker addiction.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

. He is just a mean asshole who thinks the prospect of a harmless old Brit slowly bleeding to death from a stab wound in Haïti is funny.
    That's horrible to say something like that...

May you die at 150 in the arms of a Haitian Vodoun Priestess...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to eldorob For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eldorob View Post
    That's horrible to say something like that...

May you die at 150 in the arms of a Haitian Vodoun Priestess...
    OK, eldorob, you are back on my Tea invitation list, but Jimmy and Mr Pink are still out in the cold.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,772 Times in 857 Posts

Someone said I was Terse? I admitted that a hooker that acted as if she had the brains of a 12 year old still would be smarter than me so What does it mean?
    That someone, be me.

And terse means
    abruptly concise; curt; brusque.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuba Libre For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    That someone, be me.

And terse means

Thats great,new words that are more confusing. You win.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Laughing Re: Introducing - terrierist

poor, poor jimmy ...i can understand abruptly and even concise giving you fits. i mean they are multisyllabic after all but curt and brusque only have one syllable each, for fuck sake
    Thats great,new words that are more confusing. You win.
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

San Felipe de Puerto Plata, La Republica Dominicana
    Thanks

My main problem is the owner of the place. I know him since 2002. I can deal with the chicas asking what they are asking but not with his logic. In the beginning the salida was $24 and we would go to his place, naybe 6 of us everyday and take 6 chicas out and he woud give us a $15 Salida. He would make $90 a day from us and everyone was happy.

His Salida is now $40 and there are 20-30 of us around many invasions. We could take 20 chicas out daily for a week if he came down but he won't. If you go there you will see many chicas going home at closing time. I would pay a $20 Salida and with 10 guys, thats $200 a day for him.

Times have changed. In 2002 if you went near closing time, 80% of his 30 chicas were Salidad out. You got there at 10PM to get who you wanted.
    So you're saying that he is becoming a typical Nortamericano Capitalist? (please pardon my spelling). And who among us wouldn't be if we could turn a tidy profit? I don't know the guy and probably never will, but the concept of charging what the market will bear is not new and is acceptable as long as it is you who is making the money. That doesn't make him evil or not trustworthy. It makes him a capitalist...and I, for one, am only jealous if he's making it work.

Thanks

OK, so you've used the terms "salida" and "salidas" several times. My Spanish-English dictionary says it means "exits", yet from context it seems to mean "finder's fee" or "propietor's gratuity". Will someone please explain to me how salidas work in DR? To whom are they paid, when, and how are they negotiated?

Sorry for yet another newbie question.

- terrierist

Thanks
    Thanked 1,772 Times in 857 Posts

OK, so you've used the terms "salida" and "salidas" several times. My Spanish-English dictionary says it means "exits", yet from context it seems to mean "finder's fee" or "propietor's gratuity". Will someone please explain to me how salidas work in DR? To whom are they paid, when, and how are they negotiated?

Sorry for yet another newbie question.

- terrierist
    Good question.

A salida is the fee you pay the house/bar to allow the girl(s) that works there to leave. At Passions, the TLN salida is a sliding scale, depending on how early you take out the girl(s). The hourly (I guess it's 1 1/2 hours) salida is the same regardless of when you take the girl(s).

Sometimes you can negotiate the salida, sometimes you can't.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cuba Libre For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,993 Times in 1,045 Posts

Terrierist;

Not to be presumptuous, but I think what Jimmy is saying is that he is not acting like a sucessful Norteamericano capitalist. At least not an intelligent one.

If he raises his salida and drives away the majority (or a large percentage) of his customers, everyone loses.

The girls lose because they have less clients to chose them, (more of them go home alone without any pay) the guys lose because as the girls discover that they cannot reliably be salida'd (new word) they lose interest in working there and move elsewhere, giving the guys less of a choice, and he loses because even though he gets more per girl/guy hook up, there are fewer hookups and fewer drink buying/cover paying customers.

As the girls set themselves up elsewhere, the guys learn of it and go there, taking his drink sales and cover charges with them.

If he were to aquiese and do things Jimmy's way for even just ISOCers, we could give him more business because we would then think it worthwhile to do so, and be able to recommend his place with a clear conscience, (because of it's value) creating even more business for him.

What he would lose in salidas, he may very well make back in drink sales and cover charges, with the increase in volume due to our business and those referred by us.

Jimmy; if that's not what you were implying, I beg forgiveness for my impertinence.

ELPlomero

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ElPlomero For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

So you're saying that he is becoming a typical Nortamericano Capitalist? (please pardon my spelling). And who among us wouldn't be if we could turn a tidy profit? I don't know the guy and probably never will, but the concept of charging what the market will bear is not new and is acceptable as long as it is you who is making the money. That doesn't make him evil or not trustworthy. It makes him a capitalist...and I, for one, am only jealous if he's making it work.
    I think Jimmy is saying the opposite (as El Plomero explains). That he is not using intelligent First World marketing techniques.

Dominican business has its own completely different rationale. I can buy canned drinks for 40 pesos in Muņoz. When I wanted to buy the colmado's entire stock (about 30 cans) during a party given by my friend for his family and neighbours and asked for a quantity discount the owner tried to charge me 50 pesos per can because he would have no stock left and would lose "face" and goodwill among his regular customers. It was of no interest to him that he could take two days takings in one transaction and give himself a break, because he has nothing else to do with his life anyway.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ElPlomero View Post
    Terrierist;

Not to be presumptuous, but I think what Jimmy is saying is that he is not acting like a sucessful Norteamericano capitalist. At least not an intelligent one.

If he raises his salida and drives away the majority (or a large percentage) of his customers, everyone loses.

The girls lose because they have less clients to chose them, (more of them go home alone without any pay) the guys lose because as the girls discover that they cannot reliably be salida'd (new word) they lose interest in working there and move elsewhere, giving the guys less of a choice, and he loses because even though he gets more per girl/guy hook up, there are fewer hookups and fewer drink buying/cover paying customers.

As the girls set themselves up elsewhere, the guys learn of it and go there, taking his drink sales and cover charges with them.

If he were to aquiese and do things Jimmy's way for even just ISOCers, we could give him more business because we would then think it worthwhile to do so, and be able to recommend his place with a clear conscience, (because of it's value) creating even more business for him.

What he would lose in salidas, he may very well make back in drink sales and cover charges, with the increase in volume due to our business and those referred by us.

Jimmy; if that's not what you were implying, I beg forgiveness for my impertinence.

ELPlomero

You can do it both ways. If 10 of us show up and are willing to pay the chicas their $100 but want to pay a $15 Salida instead of $40, how can you go wroong?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I think Jimmy is saying the opposite (as El Plomero explains). That he is not using intelligent First World marketing techniques.

Dominican business has its own completely different rationale. I can buy canned drinks for 40 pesos in Muņoz. When I wanted to buy the colmado's entire stock (about 30 cans) during a party given by my friend for his family and neighbours and asked for a quantity discount the owner tried to charge me 50 pesos per can because he would have no stock left and would lose "face" and goodwill among his regular customers. It was of no interest to him that he could take two days takings in one transaction and give himself a break, because he has nothing else to do with his life anyway.

Leno knows how to do business but I guess he has more than his fair share. To hear guys asking about a lower Salida but agreeing to the $100 and not being flexible is plain stupid.

10 salidas at $15 is better than none at $40.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You can do it both ways. If 10 of us show up and are willing to pay the chicas their $100 but want to pay a $15 Salida instead of $40, how can you go wroong?
    Thanks guys. I'm beginning to understand from the discussion just enough of the local dynamics to realize I really don't know how things work in DR. Well, it will prove to be a very interesting adventure. Two days left 'til I'm off.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to terrierist For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks guys. I'm beginning to understand from the discussion just enough of the local dynamics to realize I really don't know how things work in DR. Well, it will prove to be a very interesting adventure. Two days left 'til I'm off.

Yea its not about you actually, its about everything that could be done to get a piece of the $3,000,000 we spend there as a large group.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information