Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 01/2008 - List of Sosua Hotels and Condos/Links

Hoseman is offline 11/27/2011-R.I.P. Derrick "Hoseman" Smith. Engine Co. #5 AkA "Smitty"
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,348 Times in 3,096 Posts

Re: Sosua Hotels

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    This is an old map Sea Breeze is not even on it.
    It is next to Cas Marina. These Maps are good for reference points.You see where Volmar is right?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoseman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoseman View Post
    It is next to Cas Marina. These Maps are good for reference points.You see where Volmar is right?
    Thanks for remembering I asked about the Voramar before. No I didn't know exactly where Sea Breeze is but new it was close to the water in town. Curious about scale there isn't one in the map. How far say in miles or city blocks is Voramar which shows way to the east from the bars ect. I have heard 10-15 minute walk??? I am going to try many places but will probably if nothing changes follow the crowd and stay at the most common ones like NG and SB most of the time. I will be down a lot this winter maybe as soon as Dec. when my business slows down here. I will be in and out of POP this week with unfortunately no time for much fun at all.

Hoseman is offline 11/27/2011-R.I.P. Derrick "Hoseman" Smith. Engine Co. #5 AkA "Smitty"
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,348 Times in 3,096 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    Thanks for remembering I asked about the Voramar before. No I didn't know exactly where Sea Breeze is but new it was close to the water in town. Curious about scale there isn't one in the map. How far say in miles or city blocks is Voramar which shows way to the east from the bars ect. I have heard 10-15 minute walk??? I am going to try many places but will probably if nothing changes follow the crowd and stay at the most common ones like NG and SB most of the time. I will be down a lot this winter maybe as soon as Dec. when my business slows down here. I will be in and out of POP this week with unfortunately no time for much fun at all.
    Like i said before that is Bs.It is probably the hotel that is the farthest most from the action.If you rent a car though its not that bad but then there are better options I think. Actually you are one of the ones i thought of whenI found the map.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoseman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hoseman View Post
    Like i said before that is Bs.It is probably the hotel that is the farthest most from the action.If you rent a car though its not that bad but then there are better options I think. Actually you are one of the ones i thought of whenI found the map.
    I also have seen that map on some site related to hotels there is a similar one made the same way on Boca Chica probably on the same site I saw it on when I was looking at BC. I have pretty much written off Vor do to the distance and I have been told it is more for Euro's. I agree if I was going to want to stay farther out which I will do also I am going to try FOD. But I want to be right in town my first time even though I will have a car. I figure it will be better to explore by day with the car in the other towns and hit the street at night on foot with a full flask of Patron then after a nice seafood dinner and a empty flask go show Pete it is empty and get a good laugh at Passions. Keep the maps coming I am sure I am not the only one that appreciates it. I asked once before about more videos of street action and have found some but that is great as well. I guess they would call that a new thread "Street Video of Sosua".

Thanks
    Thanked 29,716 Times in 4,467 Posts

Re: List of Sosua Hotels and Condos/Links

I have a close Idea of where Rocky's Condos at the Tradewinds is located but I would like to know What are the cross streets. Pedro Clisante? and what other street? is it past Passions? or am I way off?

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

Way off. It's off the main street coming into Sosua. Pass the Texaco where you would normally turn to get to Pedro Clisante and it's on the right...less than a mile.

Thanks
    Thanked 51,266 Times in 7,383 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SrSuerte View Post
    I have a close Idea of where Rocky's Condos at the Tradewinds is located but I would like to know What are the cross streets. Pedro Clisante? and what other street? is it past Passions? or am I way off?
    If you jump on a moto at the Playero Supermarket or the gas station you go east on the main highway toward Cabarete. Maybe 60 seconds later, you see the sign showing Tradewinds and turn right on that road. Tradewinds condos are about 100-150 yards up the road on the right. From that location you can walk to all the main Clisante action in 20 min. I've done it as my first trip I stayed at the Palms, just across the road from Tradewinds. But take the concho and pay your 30 pesos. Its worth it.

Thanks

im going to sosua in 2 weeks i stayed at the new garden last time which was very nice but very boring im looking for a place with more action during the day anybody got ideas

Thanks

Re: Looking for a good wingman...

Quote Originally Posted by Fact master View Post
    not listed in any particular order

hotels:

Waterfront Hotel Waterfront-Dominican Republic Resort Caribbean Vacation Packages,Travel Caribbean Travel Discounts,All Inclusive Travel Puerto Plata Beach Resort For Sale,Beachfront Cottage Caribbean Resorts

Rocky's Rocky's Rock & Blues Bar and Hotel, Sosua - Dominican Republic

Europa Hotel Plaza EUROPA in Sosua - Dominican Republic

Don Andres (may or may not be what you're looking for)
    Hotel Don Andres

Casa Cayena http://www.hotelcasacayena.com/

Casa Valeria Casa Valeria

New Garden New Garden Hotel - Sosua

Club Residencial http://www.clubresidencial.com/en/index.html

Las Cañas (out of town a little but has a shuttle service)
    Las Cañas, Dominican Republic

condos:

Sosua Vacation Rentals-Condo Rentals in the Dominican Republic The Palms

Condo - Rocky's Rock & Blues Bar and Hotel, Sosua - Dominican Republic Rocky's Condos at the Tradewinds

Condo Rentals in Sosua Dominican Republic at Tradewinds and The Palms other condos at the Tradewinds

larger (and farther) condos and villas:
    best if traveling with a friend to possibly split the rent.
    you may need a rental car too for many of these, or some form of transportation

http://sosuaproperty.info/el_neptuno.htm

http://sosuaproperty.info/tradewinds.htm

Sosua Vacation Rentals-Condo Rentals in the Dominican Republic

Condos Dominicano Welcomes You to Sosúa

Rentavillas, Villas for Rent; Cabarete, Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic villas for sale and for rent at RESIDENCIAL CASA LINDA. Tropical caribbean vacation villas. Real estate on the northcoast of the Dominican Republic

Rentals in the Dominican Republic

there are other possible options i'm sure but these are the best IMO
    Thanks for the Great Links. What really would be great is if each one posted their availability and prices on the site to cut out the email lag time and incomplete answers that usually come on the first or second message from some of them.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,209 Times in 2,195 Posts

I need Don Antonios website again I know I saw it on here geesh
    I'm back... Heading Back To Green #TurnUpTime

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,539 Times in 1,755 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by givengo440 View Post
    I need Don Antonios website again I know I saw it on here geesh
    Here you go my dude:

http://www.hotel-don-antonio.com/english/index.html

The Mac Man

Thanks

Where is Rockys Hotel located? not on map

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jimrock187 View Post
    Where is Rockys Hotel located? not on map

Its within the Rocky's restaurant compound!
    just before the bend in the road of Dr. Rosen, before the little mercado.

just ask anyone.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Summit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,164 Times in 5,857 Posts

Coco

I have received this message today from Ian. Unfortunately I am in no position to help. Still I've decided to post it here to BM. Perhaps there has to be a separate thread. I have not yet met the guy personally.

"...I know this might be a surprise to you but I am sorry I didn't inform you about my traveling to England for a Seminar.

I need a favor from you because I misplaced my wallet on my way to the hotel where my money,and other valuable things were kept I will like you to assist me with a loan urgently with the sum of £1,700 British Pounds to sort-out my hotel bills and get myself back home.

I will appreciate whatever you can afford to help me with and I promise to pay you back as soon as I return home.

Thank you so much and sorry to bother you.

Regards"

--
    Coco Hotel, The Taylors
    Ian Taylor, General Manager
    151 A. Martinez,
    Sosua, Dominican Republic
    www.cocohotelcoco.com
    hotelcoco@gmail.com

"...I am schedule to come back by 25th of Dec, that's why I need to pay my bill, I promise to refund it immediately I get back home, I was robbed on my arrival here in England and everything I have was stolen from me including my phone and my wallet which contains money and my bank cards, I am left alone with the cloth I am putting on and my passport, I will be glad if you can help me out as no amount is too small for my present situation, kindly get back to me if you are able to help me out so I can email you with the Transfer details needed.

Thanks and God Bless

Thanks
    Thanked 9,575 Times in 1,140 Posts

Sounds kinda fishy?
    First the wallet was misplaced?
    And then it was stolen?
    Just a simple observation, what do I know...

Thanks

Re: Coco

Quote Originally Posted by questner View Post
    I have received this message today from Ian. Unfortunately I am in no position to help. Still I've decided to post it here to BM. Perhaps there has to be a separate thread. I have not yet met the guy personally.

"...I know this might be a surprise to you but I am sorry I didn't inform you about my traveling to England for a Seminar.

I need a favor from you because I misplaced my wallet on my way to the hotel where my money,and other valuable things were kept I will like you to assist me with a loan urgently with the sum of £1,700 British Pounds to sort-out my hotel bills and get myself back home.

I will appreciate whatever you can afford to help me with and I promise to pay you back as soon as I return home.

Thank you so much and sorry to bother you.

Regards"

--
    Coco Hotel, The Taylors
    Ian Taylor, General Manager
    151 A. Martinez,
    Sosua, Dominican Republic
    www.cocohotelcoco.com
    hotelcoco@gmail.com

"...I am schedule to come back by 25th of Dec, that's why I need to pay my bill, I promise to refund it immediately I get back home, I was robbed on my arrival here in England and everything I have was stolen from me including my phone and my wallet which contains money and my bank cards, I am left alone with the cloth I am putting on and my passport, I will be glad if you can help me out as no amount is too small for my present situation, kindly get back to me if you are able to help me out so I can email you with the Transfer details needed.

Thanks and God Bless

The Coco Hotel Ian allegedly sent this, I would have asked him what color it was by calling him Ian Mr. Yellow and seen if he got it.

Amazing how many colors it might come in.
    Just Doing It

Thanks

I reserved a room in Hotel El Rancho for February, has anyone actually stayed there yet and experienced first hand what there attitude is towards us bringing back company. The NG and Seabreeze were booked up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kris boog View Post
    I reserved a room in Hotel El Rancho for February, has anyone actually stayed there yet and experienced first hand what there attitude is towards us bringing back company. The NG and Seabreeze were booked up.
    When the hell did they open?? I haven't seen it here. I think they aren't open yet.

Thanks

I'm not sure where the link is, but someone put up some pictures the other day. I emailed them and they got right back to me the next day, so I assume that they are up and running. I recieved a quote of $45 a night.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,215 Times in 355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kris boog View Post
    I'm not sure where the link is, but someone put up some pictures the other day. I emailed them and they got right back to me the next day, so I assume that they are up and running. I recieved a quote of $45 a night.
    http://hotelelranchososua.com/14.html

BTW- the website says $40/night. Might want to ask?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information