Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: 01/2008 - List of Sosua Hotels and Condos/Links

Thanks

Re: Sosua Hotels

Quote Originally Posted by Kiko Presidente View Post
    Its within the Rocky's restaurant compound!
    just before the bend in the road of Dr. Rosen, before the little mercado.

just ask anyone.
    Thanks Head balcoach.

Thanks

Coco Hotel - Request for $$$

Hey just wanted to clarify this issue of a couple months back. The Coco or its staff never did or NEVER would solicit money like this! If you have been following the "Google vs Chinese Government story" you may know that thousands of G-mail accounts were hit in this way, probably by Chinese government "sanctioned" hackers. Unfortunately the Coco G-Mail was one of those many accounts "hit", and then various "scams" were tried by the perpetrators. When Google intervened to fix the problem they wiped out the Coco G-Mails contact list so the hotel was UNABLE to advise any previous e-mail contacts of this scam. All appears to have been "fixed" by the Google folks who took these incidents extremely seriously. Thanks for your understanding of this situation, and again apologies to anyone affected.

Coco Hotel, Management & Staff

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hazard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Re: Coco Hotel - Request for $$$

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Hey just wanted to clarify this issue of a couple months back. The Coco or its staff never did or NEVER would solicit money like this! If you have been following the "Google vs Chinese Government story" you may know that thousands of G-mail accounts were hit in this way, probably by Chinese government "sanctioned" hackers. Unfortunately the Coco G-Mail was one of those many accounts "hit", and then various "scams" were tried by the perpetrators. When Google intervened to fix the problem they wiped out the Coco G-Mails contact list so the hotel was UNABLE to advise any previous e-mail contacts of this scam. All appears to have been "fixed" by the Google folks who took these incidents extremely seriously. Thanks for your understanding of this situation, and again apologies to anyone affected.

Coco Hotel, Management & Staff

For those of you looking for Villas or apartments, condos call them what you want he is some info somebody might be able to use.

I think we all know Hispaniola up the hill from the police station is nice and a much shorter walk than the Palms/Tradwinds that I don't personally would never do that hill without a car. Some guys at passions told me the motos start at 200 up there because they know they got you but I told them not to pay over 50.

Here is another option for you on the road to Mulatta which also goes up hill to the right off the highway. It is about 100 meters or more past the entrance road to Palms/Tradewinds. However it is paved in new blacktop and smooth as can be. Rare in Sosua. I suppose because of some money up there.

I drove up there to go to the Thai Restaurant called Chili but they don't open until 6pm and only on Weds-Sunday.

These two places I am told both do rentals.
    Just Doing It

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Re: Coco Hotel - Request for $$$

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    For those of you looking for Villas or apartments, condos call them what you want he is some info somebody might be able to use.

I think we all know Hispaniola up the hill from the police station is nice and a much shorter walk than the Palms/Tradwinds that I don't personally would never do that hill without a car. Some guys at passions told me the motos start at 200 up there because they know they got you but I told them not to pay over 50.

Here is another option for you on the road to Mulatta which also goes up hill to the right off the highway. It is about 100 meters or more past the entrance road to Palms/Tradewinds. However it is paved in new blacktop and smooth as can be. Rare in Sosua. I suppose because of some money up there.

I drove up there to go to the Thai Restaurant called Chili but they don't open until 6pm and only on Weds-Sunday.

These two places I am told both do rentals.
    Sorry it posted before the pics. Here they are

This one had a sign out For Sale or Rent and a guy told me they both rent you would have to find out details on your own like on google

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Thumbs Up Re: Looking for a good wingman...

add:

Terra Linda Hotel http://www.terralindaresort.com highly recommended

Coco hotel
    http://www.cocohotelcoco.com/ currently not recommended

Quote Originally Posted by Apostropheman View Post
    not listed in any particular order

hotels:

Waterfront Hotel Waterfront-Dominican Republic Resort Caribbean Vacation Packages,Travel Caribbean Travel Discounts,All Inclusive Travel Puerto Plata Beach Resort For Sale,Beachfront Cottage Caribbean Resorts

Rocky's Rocky's Rock & Blues Bar and Hotel, Sosua - Dominican Republic

Europa Hotel Plaza EUROPA in Sosua - Dominican Republic

Don Andres (may or may not be what you're looking for)
    Hotel Don Andres

Casa Cayena http://www.hotelcasacayena.com/

Casa Valeria Casa Valeria

New Garden New Garden Hotel - Sosua

Club Residencial http://www.clubresidencial.com/en/index.html

Las Cañas (out of town a little but has a shuttle service)
    Las Cañas, Dominican Republic

condos:

Sosua Vacation Rentals-Condo Rentals in the Dominican Republic The Palms

Condo - Rocky's Rock & Blues Bar and Hotel, Sosua - Dominican Republic Rocky's Condos at the Tradewinds

Condo Rentals in Sosua Dominican Republic at Tradewinds and The Palms other condos at the Tradewinds

larger (and farther) condos and villas:
    best if traveling with a friend to possibly split the rent.
    you may need a rental car too for many of these, or some form of transportation

http://sosuaproperty.info/el_neptuno.htm

http://sosuaproperty.info/tradewinds.htm

Sosua Vacation Rentals-Condo Rentals in the Dominican Republic

Condos Dominicano Welcomes You to Sosúa

Rentavillas, Villas for Rent; Cabarete, Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic villas for sale and for rent at RESIDENCIAL CASA LINDA. Tropical caribbean vacation villas. Real estate on the northcoast of the Dominican Republic

Rentals in the Dominican Republic

there are other possible options i'm sure but these are the best IMO
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Re: List of Sosua Hotels and Condos/Links

What were the negatives with the Hotel Coco ?. can someone post a link to the thread with the negative reviews.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    What were the negatives with the Hotel Coco ?. can someone post a link to the thread with the negative reviews.
    this is the one I was referring to:

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...highlight=coco

...and here is another

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...highlight=coco

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 320 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KoKi9290 View Post
    Stayed in the New Garden penthouse for 5 days during the holidays. Thank you Wilfed. Huge, great view, two patios on same floor with view of the sea, jacuzzi, vale la pena.
    You are bringing back memories.

It's been almost 2 weeks and I still can't get this trip out my head. I'm sprung. The scary thing is reading all these threads, I barely scratched the surface during my 1st trip.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Good info

Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 320 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ingus_Khan View Post
    I am thinking about going to Sosua with a couple of guys for 3-5 days and this time try the "villa" thing. after looking at the list and making a couple of calls we came up with:

http://www.hispaniolarealestate.com/...s/rentals2.asp

Villa Yasmin #42 is open and seems to fit the need. 3 bed/3bath

1. does anyone know if it is chica friendly and or how to go about asking the receptionist
    if it is in a tactful manor.

2. Any suggestions on a 3-4 bedroom villa with pool that you guys have recently found to be chica friendly?

3. Has anyone had any dealings with this group for a villa:
    http://www.amberguardian.com/rentals...id=39&user=det

they have a 4 BR for $230/night which seems a little steep for off season but it looks nice.

4. I have heard the depate on renting a car versus not renting before and it seems to always fall on the side that you need one if you rent a villa. Is that the consensus or can you get a few cabbie numbers for the late night early morning stuff.

Thanks for your help.
    I tried to send you a private message but your box if full. Appreciate any advice you or anyone can give me!

Hey, I'm reading and old post of yours from '08. Did you actually go through with the villa? How did you go about reserving your stay? Did they ask for money upfront, etc? I'm thinking about going the villa route for my next trip. Even though I'm going solo, the appeal of the villa is too much. I appreciate any help/advice you can offer. Thanks!

Thanks

We are 3 guys in their mid 50's. We a planning a trip in Feb 2011. We are looking for a condo/villa that is within a 2 min walk to town and beach. Price doesn't matter but want a super luxury, 3 bedroom, 3 bath or larger place to party and bring chicas. I want a place that has as much action as possible in terms of beach and accessability to the town. Looks like the Sosua Bay Resort has a great location but I don't want to stay there. I would love a place to rent on our own nearby if that's the best location on the strip. Any ideas?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by larryvec View Post
    We are 3 guys in their mid 50's. We a planning a trip in Feb 2011. We are looking for a condo/villa that is within a 2 min walk to town and beach. Price doesn't matter but want a super luxury, 3 bedroom, 3 bath or larger place to party and bring chicas. I want a place that has as much action as possible in terms of beach and accessability to the town. Looks like the Sosua Bay Resort has a great location but I don't want to stay there. I would love a place to rent on our own nearby if that's the best location on the strip. Any ideas?
    I would suggest you look at Residential Hispaniola, they are all villas and within walking distance to the strip. There are lots of threads on here about the villas.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The only problem with Residencial Hispaniola is that you will be required to have a vehicle to bring the chicas in and out. So, even of you always arrived in a taxi you'd have to call another to take them from the villas to the street. You will not be allowed to walk them in or out and scooters/motos won't work either. Basically you will have to rent a vehicle and it does not sound like that's in your plan.

I've never stayed there but is has, somewhat recently, been discussed here before...and a search should bring it up without too much effort.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,164 Times in 5,857 Posts

Garden Condos

Has anyone got any information on Garden Condos (location, rent prices, rules, contacts etc)?

Here is one of many links available:

http://www.americanrealtydr.com/GardenCondos.html

Maybe there is a need for a separate thread.

I am only interested in rental potential. There are many other viable options, but things change and keeping up to what's going on won't hurt.
    ‘Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all’

Thanks

Gents,

can anyone tell me the name of the hotel directly across the street from New gardens?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thumbs Up Re: List of Sosua Hotels and Condos/Links

El Paradiso I think.

http://www.hotel-paraiso.com/

Yup

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,772 Times in 686 Posts

i didnt even know there was a hotel now directly across from ng guess the construction is over and looks like the rates start at 25 per night from the link

Quote Originally Posted by Apostropheman View Post
    El Paradiso I think.

http://www.hotel-paraiso.com/

Yup
    welcome to the fraternity, *morgan freeman voice*

25. The Following User Says Thank You to rushdog34 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,418 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rushdog34 View Post
    i didnt even know there was a hotel now directly across from ng guess the construction is over and looks like the rates start at 25 per night from the link
    bump.......

27. The Following User Says Thank You to thunderstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,164 Times in 5,857 Posts

Re: Garden Condos

Quote Originally Posted by questner View Post
    Has anyone got any information on Garden Condos (location, rent prices, rules, contacts etc)?

Here is one of many links available:

http://www.americanrealtydr.com/GardenCondos.html

Maybe there is a need for a separate thread.

I am only interested in rental potential. There are many other viable options, but things change and keeping up to what's going on won't hurt.
    No takers yet. Can anyone pinpoint the location or has got website or other contact info? Just as a challenge? Don't be stingy!

Also, any website or information about Caribe Campo condos/apts in La Mulata?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Cool Re: Garden Condos

Garden Condos:

Do you know where Judy's cambio was back in the day?

Pretty sure it is behind there with the entrance the driveway at the right of the buillding when facing it.

Caribe Campo:

Management has changed and I no longer "know" much. For renting it's fine but haggle...there may be a lot of wiggle room depending on the owner of the unit.

IMO it's too far from the highway and the main are of Sosua if you do not have a vehicle and in shitty weather it'd suck. The good news is that there is/was a little colmado in the place right beside it and there is a new one by The Palms so you don't have to go too far for basics.

Quote Originally Posted by questner View Post
    No takers yet. Can anyone pinpoint the location or has got website or other contact info? Just as a challenge? Don't be stingy!

Also, any website or information about Caribe Campo condos/apts in La Mulata?

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information