Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My gripe with the New Garden

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

Re: My gripe with the New Garden

Quote Originally Posted by El Tiburon View Post
    i promised myself i wouldnt open this can of worms but i will... cuz its been over a yr since ive been there and i will never go back... EL NEPTUNOS sucks big dick!!! the rooms..! the people,! the rules...! ramona is a nice person.!. but thats it.... i stayd there 2 months... i got a letter pushed under my door almost every other day... some rules change accordingly... yeah you could bring girls, as long as you dont fuck her. cuz if she makes a squeal you get a memo... no music, or ya get a memo... my friend came over for a visit... ah ah, no no.. another memo. he thru his cigarette butt off the the balcony... guess what ? ... see the patern.. rules made up by old grumpy people lookin to break balls anytime they can... kind of like an old age home and the members in there are all on power trips...if these people wanted to live in a quite area they shouldnt have come to sosua" a whore-town".. its not the french riviera... the best for last,,, the place has rats!!!! you got it... just like the europa.... i had them crawling up the stucko to get into the back kitchen... and when i complained, i had the super come up with traps... who confirmed this has gotten worse over time... i was on the third floor... i cant imagine the first floor... one night at 4 am, my buddy and i and two girls got fucked up drinkin and came home, we shut the lights and started rat hunting...with a broom,a few empty bottles of brugal and a mop, we killed 7 medium sized rats... and guess what.... the next morm, we got a memo!!! lol... never again.....
    damn thats some funny shit .

I was VERY quiet and reserved I thought and felt unwelcome by the people living there. They saw a single male and probably knew I brought chicas back and didn't like it.

As El Tiburon said if you are living in a complex where there are rentals what do you expect a bunch of bird watchers? Rentals are for people on vacation looking to have a good time. If the people living there don't like it they should have a no rentals rule and make it only for people who own the condos to live in them.

They will never have the totally perfect community they want as long as there are short term renters staying there.
    Jimmy owes me a dollar!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,656 Times in 1,392 Posts

... the best for last,,, the place has rats!!!! you got it... just like the europa.... i had them crawling up the stucko to get into the back kitchen... and when i complained, i had the super come up with traps... who confirmed this has gotten worse over time... i was on the third floor... i cant imagine the first floor... one night at 4 am, my buddy and i and two girls got fucked up drinkin and came home, we shut the lights and started rat hunting...with a broom,a few empty bottles of brugal and a mop, we killed 7 medium sized rats... and guess what.... the next morm, we got a memo!!! lol... never again.....
    Did ya have Blausi scampi 'em up for you?
    Let's get the job done!

Thanks

i promised myself i wouldnt open this can of worms but i will... cuz its been over a yr since ive been there and i will never go back... EL NEPTUNOS sucks big dick!!! the rooms..! the people,! the rules...! ramona is a nice person.!. but thats it.... i stayd there 2 months... i got a letter pushed under my door almost every other day... some rules change accordingly... yeah you could bring girls, as long as you dont fuck her. cuz if she makes a squeal you get a memo... no music, or ya get a memo... my friend came over for a visit... ah ah, no no.. another memo. he thru his cigarette butt off the the balcony... guess what ? ... see the patern.. rules made up by old grumpy people lookin to break balls anytime they can... kind of like an old age home and the members in there are all on power trips...if these people wanted to live in a quite area they shouldnt have come to sosua" a whore-town".. its not the french riviera... the best for last,,, the place has rats!!!! you got it... just like the europa.... i had them crawling up the stucko to get into the back kitchen... and when i complained, i had the super come up with traps... who confirmed this has gotten worse over time... i was on the third floor... i cant imagine the first floor... one night at 4 am, my buddy and i and two girls got fucked up drinkin and came home, we shut the lights and started rat hunting...with a broom,a few empty bottles of brugal and a mop, we killed 7 medium sized rats... and guess what.... the next morm, we got a memo!!! lol... never again.....
    That is some funny, yet fucked up shit. You sure they weren't chihuahuas? Anyway I guess 2 months gives you plenty of time to see the true nuances of the place. Sounds like a week is just right. Sorry to hear that, me and my wingman were contemplating buying Jai's condo. Anyone ever meet that crazy fuckin' Indian?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to crimecleaner For This Useful Post:

Thanks

All things considered, in my opinion, the NG is pretty decent overall. However, it did take a few days to get settled in. By no means is it a Marriot, but after all, its Sosua not Las Vegas.

Unfortunatly, theres no such thing as a perfect mongering pad in Sosua, as of yet anyways. Each place has it pros & cons, but for the typical mongerer, NG seems to be the ticket, especially if mongering solo. . If the place was sitting down by the beach it would be almost perfect. I found it nice to have a pool, bar & restuarant right on the premises, not to forget about the chicas who frequent the place often.

The girls behind the bar were always nice, and patient as well since I know very little spanish. Willie seems to be a great guy and a great cook.
    Not sure what to think of the older woman working mornings. Not overly freindly or effecient, thats for sure. I think I would be replacing her with a flirty young little thing. I think it would be good for the restuarant part of the business. Wilfreind, the guy that seems to run the place during the day and take care of reservations, didnt seem overly friendly at first, but seemed to be a pretty nice guy after chatting with him a bit. He was very patient when I had troubles with my flight there, arranged a driver to pick me up at the airport and to take me back, and was helpful while I was there as well. Check-in and check-out was easy. The staff seems very open and non-intrusive.

I've read complaints about the noise, and yes the place can be is noisy, but mostly from the motorconchos, or whatever they are called, driving by untill early hours in the morning. I think thats going to be heard in most places around central Sosua though, and ear plugs would be a fix for that. The noise from the dog and birds didnt bother me, I didnt find that to be a big deal personally.

Although the NG certainly isnt perfect, I think it offers a lot compared to other places. I'm planning to use it on my next trip back.. 4 weeks and counting down....

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to robo-dick For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,406 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by monger7505 View Post
    All things considered, in my opinion, the NG is pretty decent overall. However, it did take a few days to get settled in. By no means is it a Marriot, but after all, its Sosua not Las Vegas.

Unfortunatly, theres no such thing as a perfect mongering pad in Sosua, as of yet anyways. Each place has it pros & cons, but for the typical mongerer, NG seems to be the ticket, especially if mongering solo. . If the place was sitting down by the beach it would be almost perfect. I found it nice to have a pool, bar & restuarant right on the premises, not to forget about the chicas who frequent the place often.

The girls behind the bar were always nice, and patient as well since I know very little spanish. Willie seems to be a great guy and a great cook.
    Not sure what to think of the older woman working mornings. Not overly freindly or effecient, thats for sure. I think I would be replacing her with a flirty young little thing. I think it would be good for the restuarant part of the business. Wilfreind, the guy that seems to run the place during the day and take care of reservations, didnt seem overly friendly at first, but seemed to be a pretty nice guy after chatting with him a bit. He was very patient when I had troubles with my flight there, arranged a driver to pick me up at the airport and to take me back, and was helpful while I was there as well. Check-in and check-out was easy. The staff seems very open and non-intrusive.

I've read complaints about the noise, and yes the place can be is noisy, but mostly from the motorconchos, or whatever they are called, driving by untill early hours in the morning. I think thats going to be heard in most places around central Sosua though, and ear plugs would be a fix for that. The noise from the dog and birds didnt bother me, I didnt find that to be a big deal personally.

Although the NG certainly isnt perfect, I think it offers a lot compared to other places. I'm planning to use it on my next trip back.. 4 weeks and counting down....

Welcome to ISOC. Nice first post!

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,313 Times in 734 Posts

Re: My (Non) gripe with the New Garden

My experience with the New Garder has been Top Shelf. Wilfried is always helpful. I always enjoy chatting with him early in the morning over a cup of coffee.

Willie will cook me anything I want. I tell him in the morning and he has it always ready at the time I choose.
    Lorenzo is a good time too. He has given me wine with my meal on several occasions.

The pool is great!! Me and my chica have had several good times in the pool. I'd be more worried about the Leche in the pool than the bugs.

I have stayed at EL Neptuno many times in the past. Ramona the administrator has always been very nice to me. I guess you have to decide if you want action or no action. The Neptuno Condos are ok. No Bar, No cook , No Chicas unless you bring them. Can't get crazy at the pool. Its a retirement community atmosphere.

I have one thing to say and I'm finished. Lorenzo allowed me to have a party with 30 to 40 people and his crew cooked, played music, cleaned up and never complained once.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gmalet For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,279 Times in 391 Posts

I've stayed at the NG 6 times for a total of 59 days since Memorial day week 2007. Since Wilfried began working there, things have steadily improved. Before his arrival, you couldn't count on having a reservation and certainly not the exact room you thought you had reserved.

I decided to return during the middle of March after supposedly all rooms were filled. I e-mailed Wilfried and said if anything opened up I would greatly appreciate him squeezing me in and told him he knew which rooms I preferred. The next day he sent me an e-mail letting me know I could have my 2 favorite rooms for my entire 11 day stay. Obviously, being a loyal return customer, put me to the head of list. Hopefully, somebody else isn't getting screwed, but rank does have its privileges.

Occasionally you may not have hot water, the dog and the bird my be noisy. But few places in Sosua are perfect. I do have to agree with others about the camerera gorda who works during breakfast. She is grumpy, unfriendly, and generally has the attitude that she is doing you a favor serving you breakfast. Not sure why they keep her, but I understand that it is hard to fire a Dominican without ensuing labor board problems. Or perhaps she has incriminating pictures of Lorenzo

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Choirboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Choirboy View Post
    I've stayed at the NG 6 times for a total of 59 days since Memorial day week 2007. Since Wilfried began working there, things have steadily improved. Before his arrival, you couldn't count on having a reservation and certainly not the exact room you thought you had reserved.

I decided to return during the middle of March after supposedly all rooms were filled. I e-mailed Wilfried and said if anything opened up I would greatly appreciate him squeezing me in and told him he knew which rooms I preferred. The next day he sent me an e-mail letting me know I could have my 2 favorite rooms for my entire 11 day stay. Obviously, being a loyal return customer, put me to the head of list. Hopefully, somebody else isn't getting screwed, but rank does have its privileges.

Occasionally you may not have hot water, the dog and the bird my be noisy. But few places in Sosua are perfect. I do have to agree with others about the camerera gorda who works during breakfast. She is grumpy, unfriendly, and generally has the attitude that she is doing you a favor serving you breakfast. Not sure why they keep her, but I understand that it is hard to fire a Dominican without ensuing labor board problems. Or perhaps she has incriminating pictures of Lorenzo

Which rooms do you prefer and why?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Excursionist View Post
    I prefer the second floor rooms. This is because they offer a private good view from the balconies. Plus the balconies make the rooms seem bigger. Many prefer the first floor for quick access, but I like to able to sit out on the balcony and view everything with privacy.

Room #21 is my favorite. You can see the restaurant, bar, pool, and entrance from the balcony. If you're waiting for friends or chicas to arrive, the balcony is the perfect place to wait with a smoke or a drink. If you feel like socializing, it only takes a minute to be at the pool or bar.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Choirboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

Im the opposite. I prefer the bottom floor rooms.

No stairs to fall down if your drunk at night.

I can leave my door open during the day if im relaxing at the pool.

People tend to stop by the bottom floor rooms to say hi.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beads For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I am a light sleeper. What about street noise? Animal noise? How rowdy are the surroundings at night?

Thanks

I am a light sleeper. What about street noise? Animal noise? How rowdy are the surroundings at night?
    If you don't have a problem sleeping with ear plugs, take some. The New Garden isn't particularly noisy, but if you want to sleep late in the morning, the dog and parrot plus any construction noise could bother you.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Choirboy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,205 Times in 1,563 Posts

Choirboy, I will bring ear plugs for ISOC members who can use them when they want to get some sleep....they are reuseable I use them at work and I also use when I fly ... they are great for the landing and takeoffs
    easy on the ear drums..
    Just another monger!!
    BBCode

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Citynights For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,993 Times in 1,045 Posts

If you do TLN, do you want to use earplugs and let your chica be in your room while you are sleeping and not able to hear what she may be doing?

If those noises wake her up and not you, what might she do with the time between her waking up and you waking up?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HombreSucio View Post
    also..... i love animals, but can someone shut that fucking bird up?

Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Meat View Post
    On the topic of noise what's with that damn pigon. Between that little rat dog and the pigon you would think your in the bronx zoo. You here that pigon all day and night, doesn't shut up.

Is this the little guy thats taking so much flack?
    I think it was BCell who told me he ran into the room and took a shit.
    I don't have any pics of the bird

If you guys want to take up a collection to put a HIT out on the duo I'll bring down el diablo gato and make them disappear.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,205 Times in 1,563 Posts

The earplugs would be for after the chica leaves ST...I was thinking about Jimbo who had a problem sometimes in the morning....groundfloor noise early in the morning...I would never use them with a chica in the room

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Citynights For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,131 Times in 1,649 Posts

After spending 4 days in the mountains above Jamao Al Norte with roosters echoing through the mountains at 4AM till mid morning the NG is like heaven. Last month i stayed in an apartment behind the Hace in Santiago for 2 nights. This area had nice houses and condos all over. Construction all over. Again it was the fucking roosters at 4AM till mid morning.

No matter where you go in the DR short of an AI or gated community there will be noise. It is a noisy country. From music to roosters to motoconcho to the beeping of publicos in the city. I have stayed at a few higher priced places in Santiago and there was a shit load of hallway noise in the morning.

NG is the closest we are going to get to the old "Palace" in Sosua with twice the service. The price is spot on for what we get. There are nicer places to stay in Sosua with prices to match the quality. To each is own.
    Last edited by guttaman; 02-25-2008 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Spelling

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to guttaman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 44,288 Times in 7,548 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Citynights View Post
    Choirboy, I will bring ear plugs for ISOC members who can use them when they want to get some sleep....they are reuseable I use them at work and I also use when I fly ... they are great for the landing and takeoffs
    easy on the ear drums..
    Make sure u save a pair para mi!!
    The best thing about an ass, is when it is sitting on my face!!

Thanks
    Thanked 44,288 Times in 7,548 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ElPlomero View Post
    If you do TLN, do you want to use earplugs and let your chica be in your room while you are sleeping and not able to hear what she may be doing?

If those noises wake her up and not you, what might she do with the time between her waking up and you waking up?
    What can she do?? All my valuables stay locked in the safe. The key to it and to the door can not be found, as I have 2 good hiding places. She can not escape!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,131 Times in 1,649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo44 View Post
    What can she do?? All my valuables stay locked in the safe. The key to it and to the door can not be found, as I have 2 good hiding places. She can not escape!!!
    Out the window......................

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information