Thread: anybody hear about the american bar?

Thanks

anybody hear about the american bar?

I her there is a place close to the europa called american bar, they play american rap, rock, hip hop, pop etc, any reviews? chicas etc party ? good? bad?

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks

Re: anybody hear about the american bar?

Uh, a bar that plays English music ? Why the fuck would you travel to the D.R. to patronize some place that yer local watering hole back home basically duplicates ?
    Isn't being " away " kinda the point ???

Fuck, TOURISTS that want everything the same in the country they're visiting as the place they left baffle me, and make me scratch my head till it bleeds.

Go to the D.R. , find a bar that plays SPANISH music, and look for the lack of fuckin' tourists, that's where i'd be gettin' drunk, but hey, that's just me....

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnnj2000
    I her there is a place close to the europa called american bar, they play american rap, rock, hip hop, pop etc, any reviews? chicas etc party ? good? bad?

That was the restaurant in the Europa.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Thanks

The following information was copied from this thread:

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...ght=boca+chica

See post #2 at the bottom, a photo is included.

"The American Bar is located in the same building as Hotel Europa. The main hotel entrance is located on Dominguez:"

Anything and everything you wanted to know about the DR can be found on ISOC.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,131 Times in 1,649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gtown
    Uh, a bar that plays English music ? Why the fuck would you travel to the D.R. to patronize some place that yer local watering hole back home basically duplicates ?
    Isn't being " away " kinda the point ???

Fuck, TOURISTS that want everything the same in the country they're visiting as the place they left baffle me, and make me scratch my head till it bleeds.

Go to the D.R. , find a bar that plays SPANISH music, and look for the lack of fuckin' tourists, that's where i'd be gettin' drunk, but hey, that's just me....
    Dude, maybe an anger management class will help before your next trip. Every now and then it is nice to go to a bar where you can hear who you are talking to and watch some sports while on vacation. Everyone has different taste and comfort zones. If you like the Tipicos that is great. Sounds like you know the country and your input could be used in a possitive way. I love hanging in the campo with friends. Going to the river or cock fights in Jamao al Norte. Sitting around drinking at barrio Rosario Sanchez in Santiago and so on. These are some of the things i do on vacation. When more people know that it is safe to go to non "tourist" spots then they too will enjoy the culture of the Dominican Republic.

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

When goin out to a disco i also love the dominican tipico places... I hate it when i hear american music... But then again i love to hang at Lous before going out and watchin the game and talk with my friends in English and maybe getting one of his great sausage heros!!...
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

Thanks
    Thanked 14,718 Times in 3,229 Posts

Even though I really like the culture and music down in the DR.....sometimes it's real nice to slide over to Lous when he was on the beach, and now that he's opened up on the main street , to listen to some "american" music....
    Lou will get my business just for that alone.....

I also enjoy going and having a cigar and a Presidente at Hermann the German's small corner bar and cigar store, just on the main drag. He plays a nice selection of recognizable music that I get 'homesick" for, and it's nice to sit there for awhile and relax.

I remember being in Havana last fall, I was sitting in an outdoor cafe having a coffee soaking up all of what's Cuba, and in the background what do I hear...."Van Halen"......surreal
    Last edited by LM; 04-12-2006 at 11:14 AM.
    C.I.S.O.C.
    Cuba.....Cigars and beautiful chicas

One life I'm gonna live it up....Judas Priest, You Got Another Thing Coming

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnnj2000
    Hi there!

During my stay in late March, there used to be chicas in the evening hanging out outside the American Bar by the tables. Later at midnight people tended to go to the clubs and there were less people at the bar. If you like American music (they played mostly rap and hip hop when I was there) this place can be a good choice to start your evening. I prefer to go to places that play Dominican music so I didn't spend much time at the bar.

Here is the (daytime) picture ot the bar herbf referred to:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guttaman
    Dude, maybe an anger management class will help before your next trip.
    Thanks guttaman, I wanted to say the exact same thing so much! I have been practicing to be nice, you know it won't last long. There was no need for the negative response. If you don't have good, valid information than just shut your mouth. Someone with a question wants an honest reply ,,,,,,, si,,,,,,,,,simple,,,,,si

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by herbf
    Thanks guttaman, I wanted to say the exact same thing so much! I have been practicing to be nice, you know it won't last long. There was no need for the negative response. If you don't have good, valid information than just shut your mouth. Someone with a question wants an honest reply ,,,,,,, si,,,,,,,,,simple,,,,,si

Herb you are doing fine. Keep it up.

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Hey Herb, FUCK YOU...

hehe, Its been a while since you reviewed a Hotel... Hurry up before we fire you!

Thanks

Just got back from BC 04/04 -04/12 -there are always a few cute girls hanging out at the American Bar-I think they are props - we went over a few times to look in-never anybody inside-at this time only action is across the street at Piano Bar Disco aka Route 66. Went down to Burbajas a few times- which was the place with the chicas my last trip in Nov 2005, they are changing there format, looked in a few times, again nobody there. If you are into the Disco scene I recommed Piano Bar-you can get a table outside and watch the chicas on the stroll and in the bar. The actual disco is very small and smoky. Most of the chicas move around so no real need to go inside unless you want to. Much more comfortable outside with table service.

Thanks

the chicas hanging in front of the bar work for Europa. 2000 for short time and the owner gets 500, 3000 LTN and he gets a 1000, and they all share a free room in the hotel. they don't go anywhere else coz the owner told them just to hang out front and the Politur won't bother them and try to shake them down for $$$.

Thread Information