Page 8 of 86 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858 ... LastLast

Thread: 05/2011 - Area 51 - Newbie jibber jabber

Thanks

Re: Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    Why do you think that was, Joe? Guys do report stomach problems sometimes but it isn't particularly common and there doesn't seem to be a pattern. Did you eat from the street and beach vendors? Did you clean your teeth with tap water or swallow some in the shower? Did you go down on the chicas? Did you have the shits or indigestion or what was the problem?

Agree with packing the Pepto Bismol though. It has helped me out a few times.
    I think it was a combination of the food and the the brushing of the teeth with the sink water and maybe maybe feeling a little guilt of cheating on my S.O but I got over that real quick so I am pretty sure it was the food. It was so bad that I was feeling like Shit even 3 day after being back in the states and it didn't go way until I downed a hole bottle of the the extra strong pepto. Just keep in mind the pepto pills don't work I ate the hole bottle of pills on my last day when it got really bad and it didn't do a single thing. Hope this helps

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joe12300 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 34,226 Times in 2,769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joe12300 View Post
    Well I was in sosua in Feb and had a great time and meet some real cool guys down there. Just remember to bring a big bottle of pepto because my stomach was killing most of the trip and it got really bad on the last day. But I will be heading back on august 3rd but this time I am going in thur Santiago. I fell in love with the women of this city, but will head up to sosua for a few days to hit the beach. Anyone thinking of going to Santiago ?
    I am with you on Santiago. Aug 3rd. Might be tough, but I will try to work out my schedule.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dquick For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dquick View Post
    I am with you on Santiago. Aug 3rd. Might be tough, but I will try to work out my schedule.
    Let me know I have a pick up in santigo so no need to rent a car. It belongs to my father he said I can use it. Just keep in mind I arrive into the city on the 3rd so if you need to arrive later I have no problem picking you up at the airport and spending some time in santiago then hitting sosua for classico and the beach.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joe12300 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 76,191 Times in 8,046 Posts

Re: First Post..........

How about a report? Some pics?
    If she is alive, she will fuck.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This past trip I was not prepared for making a trip report didn't even bring a laptop to make daily updates when everyhing is fresh in my mind but I did manage to take a few pic with my cell of my first day. I will try to post pic later. But expect a detail report in august about Santiago

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joe12300 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joe12300 View Post
    I think it was a combination of the food and the the brushing of the teeth with the sink water and maybe maybe feeling a little guilt of cheating on my S.O but I got over that real quick so I am pretty sure it was the food. It was so bad that I was feeling like Shit even 3 day after being back in the states and it didn't go way until I downed a hole bottle of the the extra strong pepto. Just keep in mind the pepto pills don't work I ate the hole bottle of pills on my last day when it got really bad and it didn't do a single thing. Hope this helps

I continue to do that. Don't know why. I just don't learn. But, day 3 for me every trip, the shits hit. But, three trips last year were bad. I gotta find out what I got from the pharmacy. That stuff dried everything up overnight!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Dquick took me to the pharmacy to get something but I stoped take it after I got to the states but next time I am running to the pharmacy when I feel anything funny.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joe12300 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hello & Help! - La Casona Dorada??

Hey guys -- It's me, the NewB from NewZ -- it's good to be here ...... and I'm looking for your help; with an upcoming Cuban trip report in return.
    (You guys seem to know as much about DR as anyone could wish for -- but Cuba seems less well covered, and I can tell you that there's a heap of fun to be had there!! -- so I'll drop you some info when I get back from my second visit in May)
    In the meantime, and in the leadup to Cuba I'll make my first trip to DR -- Sosua and SD.

Where I need help is with 2 things:
    Firstly, the reports on La Casona Dorado all look good -- but I can't find any site to make a booking!? I'd rather get a place booked in advance of getting there -- (with the help of your reports I'm booked into Perla de Sosua) -- but all I can find is a Spanish-language website (not my strongest language!), and they haven't replied to emails sent to 2 of the email addresses shown there. (lacasonadorada@terra.com bounced back; can't remember if the other bounced or just no reply). There's a booking page, but it wants credit card details and I hesitate to send to what may be a dead site. Can anyone help me make contact please??

Secondly, although I've tried to get through a lot of the posts (all very informative & entertaining!) I can't find some advice on the best ways of getting from Sosua to SD. I read something about the dangers of internal flights, but just wondering what the options are.

Thanks in advance!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deepliamg For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,338 Times in 6,473 Posts

Getting from sosua to santo domingo, your options are one of the buses (caribe tours or metro) and hiring a driver.

Hiring a driver will be the more expensive option but the schedule will be your choosing. With the bus its less expensivve but you have to keep track of the schedule and stuff like that.

Gooodluck on your trip.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,465 Times in 78,317 Posts

Re: Introducing - Leosian

Quote Originally Posted by leosian View Post
    Greetings, just joined the site a couple of days ago (didn't know it existed until then).

I've been to the DR twice since 2007, first to Boca Chica and then to Puerto Plata. Most of the information I have from my previous trips is no longer up to date so I don't plan on filing a report on them. I am currently working to schedule my next trip within the next month or two to Sousa, and will make sure to take note of all the great details.

I want to go ahead and thank everyone for all of the information on the boards, I've learned more in the last few days than in my previous years, and look forward to hopefully running into some of you during my adventures.

-Leo

Great stories will always be great stories no matter when they happened.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Another Newbie...

Planning a trip to BB towrds the end of April/12...is this a ggod time to go?

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,220 Times in 1,957 Posts

their will be about 30 girls looking to fuck you so be carefully

24. The Following User Says Thank You to MyTio For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hello from England

Hello from the UK, been years over to Asia mongering and now for a change looking for latino girls which brought me to this site, and now the DR is firmly in my travel plans...

Anyone know any good CD's for speaking the language or iPhone Apps?

Thanks

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Ringspun For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hello everyone

Hey everyone, I am heading down to puerto plata on the 23rd for a week sadly I am binded into an AI. I know this will probably limit my options , but I am hoping to make something work out and any help/info/tips would be most appreciated.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Sinisterdad For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,641 Times in 599 Posts

Re: Hello everyone

Do some reading, there are lots of places where you can be with chicas outside of the AI. Whitebeards, Passions, CMP, inexpensive hotels in Sosua, such as Rockys and Don Antonios.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to daddyooo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sinisterdad View Post
    Hey everyone, I am heading down to puerto plata on the 23rd for a week sadly I am binded into an AI. I know this will probably limit my options , but I am hoping to make something work out and any help/info/tips would be most appreciated.
    I assume you are in either Playa Dorada or Costa Dorada? If so, Whitebeards (formerly Field of Dreams) is perfect for you. Very pleasant and safe environment and helpful American manager (Randall). You can book a room for short-time. Not a vast choice of chicas but if you are only down for a week and just popping out occasionally for a quicky, how many do you need? 15 minutes safe walk through the Playa Dorada grounds or a $2 moto ride from Costa Dorada.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,942 Times in 383 Posts

Re: Hello from England

Quote Originally Posted by Ringspun View Post
    Hello from the UK, been years over to Asia mongering and now for a change looking for latino girls which brought me to this site, and now the DR is firmly in my travel plans...

Anyone know any good CD's for speaking the language or iPhone Apps?

Thanks

www.pimsleur.com/

this will get you speaking spanish faster than rosseta stone- each lesson is 30 minutes long-- just listen and repeat

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr World For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,465 Times in 78,317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    I assume you are in either Playa Dorada or Costa Dorada? If so, Whitebeards (formerly Field of Dreams) is perfect for you. Very pleasant and safe environment and helpful American manager (Randall). You can book a room for short-time. Not a vast choice of chicas but if you are only down for a week and just popping out occasionally for a quicky, how many do you need? 15 minutes safe walk through the Playa Dorada grounds or a $2 moto ride from Costa Dorada.
    I merged the accounts of about 40 first time posters into Junejines. If they have a paid under their name, they are real people.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

hi from blazerzr2

thinking of a vacation this year to DR, since i wouldn't be going to PI this year.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to blazerzr2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Hello from England

Quote Originally Posted by Dr World View Post
    www.pimsleur.com/

this will get you speaking spanish faster than rosseta stone- each lesson is 30 minutes long-- just listen and repeat
    If you spoke general Latin Spanish, you could get by in:

Columbia, DR, Cuba and Panama?

Thanks

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ringspun For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 86 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858 ... LastLast

Thread Information