Thread: Hotel Aloha Sol v. Camp David

Thanks

Hotel Aloha Sol v. Camp David

Just got back from four days in Santiago. Originally had reservations for 4 nights at Camp David, but after one night, went to Aloha Sol. Camp David is way too far out of the way for me. The rooms were spacious and it was definetly guest friendly. The view of Santiago was beautiful and the restaurant excellent. The problem is that it is just so isolated that it just wasnt worth staying there. I left after the first night and went to Aloha Sol. I recomemnd his hotel very very highly. I was suprised at how clean the rooms were. They had great hot water and even decent towels. Internet onsite and a restuarant. Definetely guest friendly and right in the middle of eveything. There is also a university convenierly located around the corner. I paid 2,499 pesos for Thursday night, and 1,499 pesos for Friday and Saturday. I stayed at Hotel Platino before and definetly prefer Aloha Sol. Great hotel comparitely speaking.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,411 Times in 78,295 Posts
    Do you have their e mail address or Website? I will be passing thru in December.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Thanks
    Thanked 19,386 Times in 4,164 Posts

Re: Hotel Aloha Sol v. Camp David

Quote Originally Posted by Darius3456
    I stayed at Hotel Platino before and definetly prefer Aloha Sol. Great hotel comparitely speaking.
    Can you give us the Pros & Cons of Aloha vs. Platino? You are right on that Camp David is not good for mongering but it is romantic for a special long term chica.

I normally stay in the Platino exclusively in Santiago (or a cabana). They have a on site resturant (not 24 hours) and another around the corner 24 hours, internet (room 324), and the biggest university in Santiago across the street.

Thanks
    Thanked 41,237 Times in 7,792 Posts
    I am heading to Santiago for a night and will give this hotel a try.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,616 Times in 1,767 Posts
    I stayed at the Aloha Sol.. found it to be slightly pricey but good quality.. room with aircon and good showers... breakfast is incluido and def gf friendly..

Thanks
    Thanked 4,303 Times in 1,519 Posts
    Just in case anyone wants the contact info

Aloha Sol
    Calle del Sol 150, Santiago
    Tel: (809) 583-0090
    Fax: (809) 583-0950
    If God didn't want me to sin he wouldn't have given me a penis...

Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 Times in 867 Posts

Thanks
    I can't imagine hotels more different than Camp David and Aloha.

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts
    I still say that Colonial Hotel is a much better value for 1 or 2 days. Only 507 pesos incl tax for a basic room. Clean with air cond and cable in downtown Santiago.

Thanks
    I normally stay in the Platino exclusively in Santiago (or a cabana). They have a on site resturant (not 24 hours) and another around the corner 24 hours, internet (room 324), and the biggest university in Santiago across the street.
    Hey DT - Despite my early return to Sosua - You have me real interested in Santiago - Kelvin's was the bomb and after being seen a couple of times, I'm sure Passions and Illusions will be more accomodating - Plus I'm rethinking my position on non-morena chica's

Do you have contact info on Platino?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brianod
    Hey DT - Despite my early return to Sosua - You have me real interested in Santiago - Kelvin's was the bomb and after being seen a couple of times, I'm sure Passions and Illusions will be more accomodating - Plus I'm rethinking my position on non-morena chica's

Just walk in and get a room.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr

Call in advance, and negotiate a better rate.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Reel Deal

They wouldn't budge for three rooms for our trip.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Reel Deal

They wouldn't budge for three rooms for our trip.
    Really? I have no problem getting better rates. But then again, I've stayed there over 25 days the last 8 months.

Thanks
    Thanked 28,183 Times in 7,247 Posts
    I've done both and I say aloha Sol is the winner in every way. Maybe was a couple hundered pesos more which is less than 10.00/night but in Plantino they try and nickle and dime you to death which kinda sucks for me when I'm on vacation.

For instance when I wanted a large coffee in the morning in Plantino they "tried" to hit me up for 100 pesos which was at that time last year about $3 U.S. as oppossed to Aloha Sol that gives you a card for a free drink in their bar the minute you book the room. And yes is Chica friendly.

Thread Information