Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sosua Boredom?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,563 Times in 2,554 Posts

Sosua Boredom?

I've noticed that occasionally some people have mentioned becoming bored with Sosua, so I wanted to explore that a little as I'm finding myself getting to the same point.

I made a trip to POP in August for 3 weeks and ended up hanging mostly in Sosua. I recently took a quick weekend trip from Sept 15-18, and decided to stay in Sosua since it was just a quick trip, but also because I just need a change of environment. (The change of environment involved staying at the Europa during my stay instead of at my house in POP)

I don't know if it's because I've made so many trips in such a short period of time, but I'm finding that I need a change of pace. I still have a returne trip in November, but I'm seriously considering going somewhere else after that. I found in my early days that moving around was one of the things that kept my trips fresh.

I was curious about what it is that lead those people who have become bored with the North Coast to become bored with it. Has it been (as might be my case) a matter of too many trips in a short period of time; is it seeing the same old chicas trip after trip, or is there something else that has caused you to become bored?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 26,907 Times in 6,119 Posts

Re: Sosua Boredom?

For me, it's the same as you've been feeling, Rubicon. I took so many trips in a short time frame that it ended up boring me. Seeing the same faces, especially in such a small area, becomes redundant. Some people can deal with it, but others, like myself, had to move on.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to knotty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,949 Times in 4,636 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    I've noticed that occasionally some people have mentioned becoming bored with Sosua, so I wanted to explore that a little as I'm finding myself getting to the same point.

I made a trip to POP in August for 3 weeks and ended up hanging mostly in Sosua. I recently took a quick weekend trip from Sept 15-18, and decided to stay in Sosua since it was just a quick trip, but also because I just need a change of environment. (The change of environment involved staying at the Europa during my stay instead of at my house in POP)

I don't know if it's because I've made so many trips in such a short period of time, but I'm finding that I need a change of pace. I still have a returne trip in November, but I'm seriously considering going somewhere else after that. I found in my early days that moving around was one of the things that kept my trips fresh.

I was curious about what it is that lead those people who have become bored with the North Coast to become bored with it. Has it been (as might be my case) a matter of too many trips in a short period of time; is it seeing the same old chicas trip after trip, or is there something else that has caused you to become bored?
    interesting...

Thanks
    Thanked 16,456 Times in 3,763 Posts

They are probably bored because they either cannot get any pussy in Sosua, or they have fucked everyone and there are no new toto challenges remaining.

I personally am never bored in Sosua.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to WSJ3 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,411 Times in 78,295 Posts

I made 39 trips there in 9 years. I was there 37 days, went home for 17 then came right back for 18 more. Just think of what you would be doing at home when you get bored and for some rason, you no longer will be bored.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,511 Times in 903 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    I made 39 trips there in 9 years. I was there 37 days, went home for 17 then came right back for 18 more. Just think of what you would be doing at home when you get bored and for some rason, you no longer will be bored.

Wise words.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,411 Times in 78,295 Posts

There is so much to do there. Walk, swim, relax. Take a gwa gwa to Caberete, drink coffee, surf the net. Get a Massage at M & M.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,949 Times in 4,636 Posts

excellent fucking point!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 31,542 Times in 5,678 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by knotty View Post
    For me, it's the same as you've been feeling, Rubicon. I took so many trips in a short time frame that it ended up boring me. Seeing the same faces, especially in such a small area, becomes redundant. Some people can deal with it, but others, like myself, had to move on.
    That right there is key .... "some people can deal with it".

More than how often you've gone, i think it's more the personality type you are. Some people like the feeling of going to a place "where everybody knows your name" (Nooorm!!!!!), while others need to hit a new spot to get that same rush, even if they'll be doing pretty much the same things they would in the old spot. Just the new environment makes all the difference to those people. If Rubicon has already started getting the ho-hum feelings, it's obvious which group he belongs to.

The other thing i tend to think is the guys who go there exclusively for the putas are less likely to become bored with the place. It's kinda like going to a restaurant. If you go to one specifically because you just love their veal, you're always gonna like it. But if you're the type who just likes going out to eat with your friends/family, you're not gonna want to hit the same restaurant over and over again.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JuanElGriego For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,542 Times in 5,678 Posts

Shit Jimmy, not everyone hates their home life. Granted it's not a vacation every day, but you make it sound like you sit at home staring at white walls all day ....... and considering you live in New York City, not Montana, how can you be that bored??

18. The Following User Says Thank You to JuanElGriego For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I made 12 trips in the past 15 months, ranging from 3 days (my most recent trip) to 3 weeks. Admittedly, I need to get into doing some other things while there, besides mongering. But, I think I need a change of environment within the country itself. I do plan to get around to the South Coast as well as Santiago, at some point. I also need to get to other countries and break things up a bit.

On the homefront, I'm never bored. I am so busy that my trips tend to be for the purpose of taking a break, rather than as a result of being bored and not having anything to do. The downside is that my being busy has more to do with work related stuff.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JuanElGriego View Post
    ... others need to hit a new spot to get that same rush, ......Just the new environment makes all the difference to those people.
    Perfect assessment.

Thanks

Had Dinner at Rockies

Went to Passions got a BBBJ

Stopped by Lou's to grab a burger "how you doing baby"

Went to Classicos to get a TLN

Sound Familiar?

Sousa is excellent for short trips, but after a while you begin to develop more descriminating tastes.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bug Boy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,511 Times in 903 Posts

Hey Bad, you know ur wrong for that, that's fucked up, LOL.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,772 Times in 857 Posts

... is it seeing the same old chicas trip after trip, or is there something else that has caused you to become bored?
    I think it's that, and the fact that most of the Sosua girls seem to be cut from the same cloth. It's almost as if they went to the same school to learn their trade.

I never got that feeling when I used to hang on the South Coast.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jagu View Post
    Hey Bad, you know ur wrong for that, that's fucked up, LOL.
    You know I got to tell it like it is Jags

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

If I only concentrated on the sights and sounds of Sosua I've no doubt I'd be bored by now. What keeps my interest is that on almost every trip I meet more women I enjoy spending time with and getting to know. For me Sosua only serves as the context for the unending variety of Dominican women. When I become bored with Dominican women I will become bored with Sosua. Being that every trip seems to be more satisfying I don't see that happening any time soon.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,258 Times in 1,076 Posts

I myself have just became bored of DR scene in general being that I have been going for 4 years now, and hitting it hard for the last 1 1/2 years being there every 40 days or so did everything from mongering to non-mongering activities visitng many places in the DR and getting to know the culture and the people in general in the trenches before I even found out about the Sosua scene so I know the real DR and what it has to offer which most mongers dont really know DR besides the P4P scene in Sosua,Puerto Plata, Santo Domingo and Boca Chica areas. There is nothing wrong with change it is actually good and dont be afraid to venture outside the box, there is more to the world than the DR and better places like Brazil . As of right now DR is a place to go for 4-5 days, a quick weekend to me thats it nothing more.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pana For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,063 Times in 1,733 Posts

LOL. . ..that may not be the funniest thing I have read here. . . . but it is damn close. . . . he he he he. . . . "can not get any pussy in Sosua"? You gotta be kidding? "Toto challenges"? We are talking about the same Sosua . . . . . right?

the one where 98.7 of the chicas in town are whores? Where NOT having your dick grabbed while sitting at a bar is WAY more of a challenge than "getting pussy"?

Exactly what challenges are there in getting Toto in Sosua? Is it that since the Palace closed. . . .mongers have to actually leave the hotel sometimes to get laid?

What next. . . . .the challenge of getting laid at Black Beards? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by WSJ3 View Post
    They are probably bored because they either cannot get any pussy in Sosua, or they have fucked everyone and there are no new toto challenges remaining.

I personally am never bored in Sosua.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prtyr2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pana View Post
    dont be afraid to venture outside the box, there is more to the world than the DR and better places like Brazil .
    I took my first and only trip to RIO almost 5 years ago, and the return flight was so miserable I haven't been back since. Not to say that RIO was bad, it was great, so I'm sure I'll be back at some point. I just need to build myself up for that long trip. And, believe it or not, I used to travel to Acapulco quite a bit, and need to get back there as well.

It's a bit funny that I am also questioning whether or not part of the problem is a lack of "the chase". Sosua, of course, is more a matter of "order to go", and I think I'm finding that there is no real challenge in that.

Gonna have to expand my horizons next year.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information