Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drtech in the capital

Thanks
    Thanked 1,369 Times in 366 Posts

Re: Drtech in the capital

I've been all over the world and never been searched prior to my last trip last month. Since Feb. 08 I've been to Costa Rica 3 times and then this Feb., 09 I went to DR. On my return I was taken into the room to have my bags searched. Naturally I was pissed especially since I was trying to make it home in time to catch my son's basketball game.
    trEPP33

2. The Following User Says Thank You to trEPP33 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trEPP33 View Post
    I've been all over the world and never been searched prior to my last trip last month. Since Feb. 08 I've been to Costa Rica 3 times and then this Feb., 09 I went to DR. On my return I was taken into the room to have my bags searched. Naturally I was pissed especially since I was trying to make it home in time to catch my son's basketball game.

Been to D.R. quite often, Bahamas, P.R., Mexico and all over the U.S., etc. The only place and time I was stopped was about 20 years ago when I was leaving Montreal to Fly into JFK. It was so bad that they caused me to miss my flight, and I had to wait for 3 more flights to get out of there because I was with a friend and wanted to make sure we both got back to NY. Luckily there was a flight every hour or so.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,138 Times in 9,456 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    Been to D.R. quite often, Bahamas, P.R., Mexico and all over the U.S., etc. The only place and time I was stopped was about 20 years ago when I was leaving Montreal to Fly into JFK. It was so bad that they caused me to miss my flight, and I had to wait for 3 more flights to get out of there because I was with a friend and wanted to make sure we both got back to NY. Luckily there was a flight every hour or so.
    My problem is i keep getting stopped by the corrupt Policia when driving my little rental clown car on the main highway (kennedy) through town. I have to keep fresh 100 peso notes in the ashtray for bribes. It's like paying a $6 toll every time a pass through!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It is what it is. I hate the fact that I have to look out for things like this but its life. I think people have the tendency to throw the word racist around for any little thing that can be perceived as such. In this case with my trip I think it is a case of ignorance more than anything....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information