Thread: Apartment

Hoseman is offline 11/27/2011-R.I.P. Derrick "Hoseman" Smith. Engine Co. #5 AkA "Smitty"
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,348 Times in 3,096 Posts

Apartment

Does anyone know of an Apartment for rent for a month $700 month Max.In Sosua?

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks

Re: Apartment

CLUB RESIDENCIAL ! But you can only have one chica at a time in your apartment.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to woody514 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,421 Times in 78,301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by woody514 View Post
    Staying a month, all you need is 1 at a time.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoseman View Post
    Does anyone know of an Apartment for rent for a month $700 month Max.In Sosua?
    Lots of 1-bed condos & studio apartments around - same thing. This is the Palms. I think the studio appt is $650 usd mo.

http://www.sosuavacationrentals.com/index.html

Las Palmas pocina con chica.....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to eldorob For This Useful Post:

Hoseman is offline 11/27/2011-R.I.P. Derrick "Hoseman" Smith. Engine Co. #5 AkA "Smitty"
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eldorob View Post
    Lots of 1-bed condos & studio apartments around - same thing. This is the Palms. I think the studio appt is $650 usd mo.

http://www.sosuavacationrentals.com/index.html

Las Palmas pocina con chica.....

I was thinking of something within walking distance of everything.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,575 Times in 1,140 Posts

the palms is convenient
    u can get off the beaten path,
    but still only a 10-15 minute walk to everything
    highly reccomend it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by woody514 View Post
    Is that one at a time or one a day?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,005 Times in 793 Posts

I am not sure if you can get Club Resiedencial for less then $700 a month, but, it is located on Pedro Clisante, and is close to La Passions.

As for the one chica rule, that isnt really true. You can bring one in during the day time, and then another in when the day staff go home and Jose the securiety guy comes in for his night shift, usually around 8pm.

If you want to see what some of the condos look like, ill posts a few pictures of the rooms and the pool

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cainer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,029 Times in 652 Posts

Do the Palms or Club Residencial have security safes?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,005 Times in 793 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shredder View Post
    Do the Palms or Club Residencial have security safes?
    Club residencial has a safe. Nothing big thou but big enough to put money and wallet and a few other small things like your camera.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to cainer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

There are plenty of apartments that would fit your criteria, the bad thing is many of them don't really advertise, and you have to be on the ground and walking around and happen to come across a sign to find the real jewels; unfortunately I am no longer there and can not do the research for you.

But besides the palms, tradewinds or a place like caribe campo there are many apartments on for example Alejandro Martinez, or even apts. at that price or less in private homes. I remember signs being out for example in some large houses, on that road that goes from Pedro Clisante up to the main hwy through town, right up the block from 4 roses. I had a buddy that lived in one of the apts in a house, on that street, he paid about $500, had a private entrance, parking, a pool etc. A real nice situation, but he needed to be on the ground and discover it, you wouldn't find that apt on the internet etc.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    There are plenty of apartments that would fit your criteria, the bad thing is many of them don't really advertise, and you have to be on the ground and walking around and happen to come across a sign to find the real jewels; unfortunately I am no longer there and can not do the research for you.

But besides the palms, tradewinds or a place like caribe campo there are many apartments on for example Alejandro Martinez, or even apts. at that price or less in private homes. I remember signs being out for example in some large houses, on that road that goes from Pedro Clisante up to the main hwy through town, right up the block from 4 roses. I had a buddy that lived in one of the apts in a house, on that street, he paid about $500, had a private entrance, parking, a pool etc. A real nice situation, but he needed to be on the ground and discover it, you wouldn't find that apt on the internet etc.
    Thanks Yayow I am definitely going to do the foot work

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

Your definitely better off doing the work on foot. Theres also Casa Manana on the same road as Tradewinds and the Palms. American guy runs the place and its all new. Surely can work out a good monthly deal in person.

I would stay in a hotel for the first 1-2 days and then go looking for a good deal. You'll want to check the place thoroughly before moving in. Check all the appliances and also might want to see how well the electricity works at various times during the day to make sure the planta is functioning well. Don't jump on the first one and dont be shy to negotitate. Remember your there with cash in hand!
    Jimmy owes me a dollar!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,383 Times in 13,907 Posts

This is why I'm searching for an apartment to buy in Sosua. I need a place to stay on our regular trips up north, that can be rented out when we're not there.

The only problem, is that the RE guys have told me stories about guys who rent short time apartments to get around the "you can't do that here" mentality of most places.

I'm not talking about bringing in a girl, I'm talking about underage, illegal drugs, and other activities that can get you in trouble.

A guy that gets nailed for that kind of stuff can bring a lot of problems to an apartment owner in a condo, even if it's a short term rental.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

20. The Following User Says Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,949 Times in 4,636 Posts

so just rent to couples or families...always plenty of those around sosua.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    This is why I'm searching for an apartment to buy in Sosua. I need a place to stay on our regular trips up north, that can be rented out when we're not there.

The only problem, is that the RE guys have told me stories about guys who rent short time apartments to get around the "you can't do that here" mentality of most places.

I'm not talking about bringing in a girl, I'm talking about underage, illegal drugs, and other activities that can get you in trouble.

A guy that gets nailed for that kind of stuff can bring a lot of problems to an apartment owner in a condo, even if it's a short term rental.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,383 Times in 13,907 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hemp View Post
    so just rent to couples or families...always plenty of those around sosua.
    Even worse. That is, if you're talking about dominican couples or families. They fit 20 members of their family into a one bedroom, and destroy everything in their path, and take anything that's not nailed down.

I remember I was at Blackbeards once, and a young dominican couple came in and rented a room. A few minutes later, another couple walks in and joins them. A little later, two more guys. an hour later 3 girls and a couple of kids... Get the picture. They finally gave them back their money and said bye.

Now tourist couples and families is a different story.

Thread Information