Thread: hotels in sosua that allow guest

Thanks

hotels in sosua that allow guest

someone suggested i get on this site and ask this question

i think we pretty much have a front runner in the hotel seabreeze but me and my boys are still interested in a better hotel at a good price if there is one that allows you to bring back guest.

its 6 of us and we will be there in july and just looking to chill, have fun and hopefully get with some pretty dominican women.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,562 Times in 78,357 Posts

Re: hotels in sosua that allow guest

Well if you start reading tonight, you will be reading in July for a great trip.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

-------------------------------
    Last edited by weyland; 05-15-2009 at 04:55 AM. Reason: duplicated post

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Have you considered Field of Dreams which is just outside Puerto Plata? It is certainly a nicer environment than any of the Sosúa hotels for the same price or less.

Two possible objections to the Field of Dreams are that it is a bit tranquil if you like to party 24/7 and that it is distant (20 minutes drive) from Sosúa. However, if there are six of you then these objections need not apply as there would be enough of you to create your own party atmosphere, and the costs of a rental car or taxi would be small when split between six.

This is part of a review posted today on another website by an experienced monger:

The hotel only governs the behavior of the girls they have on site. If you bring a girl in they do not check cedulas nor do they get involved in any way. I asked why, and was told that while the hotel is guest friendly they are not just a Ho-tel. Many guests come in with there wives, and girlfriends, and the FOD does not want to risk offending them by treating them like whores. So yes you are welcome to bring girls in.

... Breakfast starts at 7:30 am and is excellent. All the meals I had were excellent. Yes you can find cheaper elsewhere, but you'll be hard pressed to find cheaper, and consistently as good (IMHO). Yes. Open for all 3 meals. Not sure what time the kitchen closes at night.

I was wifed up 2 different chicas (not from FOD) for my time there. I'm guessing 50% of the girls were of former BB's fame. Chicawise there was something there for everyone. From spinners to the girls with the phat asses, and everything in between, even one that was 5 months pregnant!

I was treated like royalty at FOD. The staff and management were amazing. They catered to my every want. Sometimes even before I realized I wanted something! I cannot even imagine staying anywhere else during any future trip to the north coast. I screwed up when I booked in. I made a mistake on my departure date. I had booked and paid for an extra day. On my last day I realized my mistake. I explained the situation and they refunded my money for the last day without hesitation. IMHO. A first class operation!

Standard room $46 a night.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    Have you considered Field of Dreams which is just outside Puerto Plata? It is certainly a nicer environment than any of the Sosúa hotels for the same price or less.

Two possible objections to the Field of Dreams are that it is a bit tranquil if you like to party 24/7 and that it is distant (20 minutes drive) from Sosúa. However, if there are six of you then these objections need not apply as there would be enough of you to create your own party atmosphere, and the costs of a rental car or taxi would be small when split between six.

This is part of a review posted today on another website by an experienced monger:

The hotel only governs the behavior of the girls they have on site. If you bring a girl in they do not check cedulas nor do they get involved in any way. I asked why, and was told that while the hotel is guest friendly they are not just a Ho-tel. Many guests come in with there wives, and girlfriends, and the FOD does not want to risk offending them by treating them like whores. So yes you are welcome to bring girls in.

... Breakfast starts at 7:30 am and is excellent. All the meals I had were excellent. Yes you can find cheaper elsewhere, but you'll be hard pressed to find cheaper, and consistently as good (IMHO). Yes. Open for all 3 meals. Not sure what time the kitchen closes at night.

I was wifed up 2 different chicas (not from FOD) for my time there. I'm guessing 50% of the girls were of former BB's fame. Chicawise there was something there for everyone. From spinners to the girls with the phat asses, and everything in between, even one that was 5 months pregnant!

I was treated like royalty at FOD. The staff and management were amazing. They catered to my every want. Sometimes even before I realized I wanted something! I cannot even imagine staying anywhere else during any future trip to the north coast. I screwed up when I booked in. I made a mistake on my departure date. I had booked and paid for an extra day. On my last day I realized my mistake. I explained the situation and they refunded my money for the last day without hesitation. IMHO. A first class operation!

Standard room $46 a night.
    How would this FOD compare to Voramar in terms of distance to town and quality and action. It seems to me that everyone in town recommends New Garden or Sea Breeze what are the pro's and con's of the 4 or is there a couple more that should be in the top 5?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    How would this FOD compare to Voramar in terms of distance to town and quality and action. It seems to me that everyone in town recommends New Garden or Sea Breeze what are the pro's and con's of the 4 or is there a couple more that should be in the top 5?
    Field of Dreams is in Puerto Plata, not Sosúa, so no direct comparisons are possible. It depends how you envisage spending your time and what sort of environment you like. Also at Field of Dreams you must rent a car, hire taxis, or (as I always did when staying there) use public transport. In Sosúa most places are within walking distance or, at worse, a motoconcho ride away.

It would be more appropriate to compare Field of Dreams with Barba Negra, although there are also significant differences.

By the way, I think the comments quoted about Field of Dreams also being a "straight" hotel are a bit of a red herring. It will stand or fall on its success as a whoremonger's hotel and if it is successful in that respect there will not be many "straight" customers wishing to stay there. Early days yet to see how that plays out.

Voramar is a long walk from the action, but many European mongers prefer it to get away from the "frat house" atmosphere of the Europa, the (now defunct) Palace and the New Garden (effectively the Palace's replacement).

Casa Valeria (next to New Garden) is a quieter but chica friendly hotel preferred by some mongers for the same reason. Has a good restaurant.
    Last edited by weyland; 05-17-2009 at 05:38 PM. Reason: added Casa Valeria comment.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks

thanks to everyone that has replied so far. from all the posts ive read i think we are going to stick with the seabreeze.

whats sosua like in july? im told its the offseason so will it be dead or does the partying never stop there?

we'll be there a thurs to a mon so does that help our chances of having a great time cuz we are there during a extended weekend for us?

Thanks

obviously going to be our first time in DR so how much would yall suggest each of us bring with us to make sure we have a great time during our trip.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,562 Times in 78,357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jpot81 View Post
    obviously going to be our first time in DR so how much would yall suggest each of us bring with us to make sure we have a great time during our trip.

Try $1,500 each.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,575 Times in 1,140 Posts

whats sosua like in july? im told its the offseason so will it be dead or does the partying never stop there?

You can find/make a party any time you like my friend. The off-season, is slow via the amount of tourists but you and your gang will have NO problem rustlin' up a good time.

I'll be in sosua 6/22-7/7, so hit me up, PM me if you need any guidance or want to get off the beaten path, get away from the "pros"!

Love, Peace, & Chicken Grease
    Last edited by Dick Dawson; 05-17-2009 at 08:06 PM. Reason: quote tag fix

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thanks to everyone that has replied so far. from all the posts ive read i think we are going to stick with the seabreeze.

we'll be there a thurs to a mon so does that help our chances of having a great time cuz we are there during a extended weekend for us?
    Seabreeze sounds like a safe choice.

The number of chicas available remains roughly proportionate to the number of guys in town whatever the season. Don't worry, there will be more than enough available to satisfy you and your friends.

Most guys reckon on spending around US$150 per day each (not counting accommodation). You could still have a good time on $100 while others are happy spending $200 or more. Depends on how horny you are, how resistant to getting scammed or overcharged, whether you are happy living off local food and drink, whether you use public transport (very cheap) or cannot manage without hiring private taxis (very expensive), etc, etc.

Biggest money-saving tip (this is for Kevy's benefit): don't take chicas to Tienda Jiménez for clothes shopping

Take credit/debit cards for back-up in case of the unexpected.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    Field of Dreams is in Puerto Plata, not Sosúa, so no direct comparisons are possible. It depends how you envisage spending your time and what sort of environment you like. Also at Field of Dreams you must rent a car, hire taxis, or (as I always did when staying there) use public transport. In Sosúa most places are within walking distance or, at worse, a motoconcho ride away.

It would be more appropriate to compare Field of Dreams with Barba Negra, although there are also significant differences.

By the way, I think the comments quoted about Field of Dreams also being a "straight" hotel are a bit of a red herring. It will stand or fall on its success as a whoremonger's hotel and if it is successful in that respect there will not be many "straight" customers wishing to stay there. Early days yet to see how that plays out.

Voramar is a long walk from the action, but many European mongers prefer it to get away from the "frat house" atmosphere of the Europa, the (now defunct) Palace and the New Garden (effectively the Palace's replacement).

Casa Valeria (next to New Garden) is a quieter but chica friendly hotel preferred by some mongers for the same reason. Has a good restaurant.
    Sticking to differences and Seabreeze and NG being similar how would anyone say Europa differs? Please class the 3 as far as niceness of rooms and property, pools, closeness to town is similar for all 3 right? By frat house at Europa does that mean it is a younger crowd than NG or SeaB or what differs? Also what are the pro's and cons to Sosua over POP?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I stayed at the Europa and at the Sea Breeze. The Europa is too busy outside and the noise from the moto conchos drove me crazy. The rooms were large but hot water and pressure were a problem.

I like Sea Breeze much better. Great wter pressure, lots of hot water, no blackouts, new air conditioners, and it's closer to the beach.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Train Kept a Rollin2000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Train Kept a Rollin2000 View Post
    I stayed at the Europa and at the Sea Breeze. The Europa is too busy outside and the noise from the moto conchos drove me crazy. The rooms were large but hot water and pressure were a problem.

I like Sea Breeze much better. Great wter pressure, lots of hot water, no blackouts, new air conditioners, and it's closer to the beach.
    When did you stay at Europa? I heard it is really going down hill. I have already decided to follow some senior guys advice and stay at several of them and find my own favorites including Sea Breeze, New Garden, Casa Cayena, FOD, maybe Blackbeards after I check it out next week. I won't have time to go to Sosua especially with the people I will be with but when I come in the winter will look at Europa while I am staying somewhere else.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,339 Times in 6,474 Posts

I'm staying at Don Antonio hotel again (2nd time) and Ive seen 4 rooms so far. Guests are allowed, I read in another thread about the hotel that someone called it a family hotel. My understanding is you can bring in guests but they won't allow chicas to just float around the place like NG or Blackbeards does (which sucks for those of us who are lazy) but the upside is that the location is great. Its pretty much within walking distance of Rocky's, NG, Main Strip with Sosua life and classicos near by.

There are rooms with AC, I assume theres rooms with no AC but i'd never wish to see or be in them. DR is the kind of place where just being outside you break a sweat.

I'm currently in a room that has been newly renovated, obi said i'm the first to stay in it. I believe him because I stayed in the room under the newly renovated one just the other day and I could hear the noise of the guys at work, they seemed to be just finishing up.

But as far as chicas goes, if you can say HOLA you should have little to no problem finding chicas to come to your room. They definitely won't be turned away at the gate. Domingo may give them a funny eye if your bringing her in at night from the disco but please forgive the man he's a older gentleman trying to sneak naps in on his security shift. If that doesnt bother you then Don Antonio's is a nice place.

NG looks real nice though from what I seen when I passed by.

Price: 35 a night including AC. Havent had a hot water issue yet that wasnt resolved with a couple minutes of letting it run. I had one issue on my first trip with the faucet that was fixed the same day by a handyman Obi called in once I informed him of my issue.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Thread Information