Page 19 of 86 FirstFirst ... 9161718192021222969 ... LastLast

Thread: 05/2011 - Area 51 - Newbie jibber jabber

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,561 Times in 1,572 Posts

Re: hello, I am new, and requesting info about brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
    Best advice I can give you! Brings LOTS and LOTS of money! Quadruple whatever you budget is for your Sosua trips and then bring another thousand on top of that! It costs me about 2300 bucks just for plane tickets and my apartment stay for a 10 day trip. I am out $2,300 dollars before I even touch land!! That doesnt include and girls, food, taxis, nothing!! $2,300 dollars is my entire budget for a 10 day trip to Sosua, airfar, hotel, chicas and food!
    I guess its cheaper coming from the eastcoast. I pay $1500 for flight and apartment.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rahsta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,303 Times in 1,242 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rahsta View Post
    I guess its cheaper coming from the eastcoast. I pay $1500 for flight and apartment.

NY to Rio runs between 1000 - 16000 for airfare. Since 2011, it has been almost ipossible to find an apartment in Copa for under 75 bucks a night. I was just looking at flights last week in order to see the UFC in Rio and the tickets were about $1300 on average. (And that was for June which is considered winter time in Rio).

For Skynyrd. Yes!! The Brasilian women are 4 times hotter and the sex is 4 times better than anything you will ever get in the DR. But for the price.............

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to No Worries For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,561 Times in 1,572 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skynyrd View Post
    And for the Quadruple money was the pussy 4 times tighter, the women 4 times hotter, the BBBJ 4 times better? Just saying
    It not quadruple the price. Its just more girls to get into. The females in Brazil fuck way better the DR chicks. I never had a dud in Brazil(knock on wood). No starfish in Brazil.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rahsta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,480 Times in 657 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rahsta View Post
    It not quadruple the price. Its just more girls to get into. The females in Brazil fuck way better the DR chicks. I never had a dud in Brazil(knock on wood). No starfish in Brazil.
    I second that. But you will spend money. On each of my four trips to Rio, I averaged between $4,000-$5,000 for 7-8 nights all in. But with Help gone, that removed a lot of my incentive for taking the plunge, and I haven't gone down since November of '08.

Even so, it's true that there's really no place like Rio, and something everyone should experience at least once.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to getrhythm For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Bubba Boy's Guide - Part 1 of 12 - Intro

The Bubba report,- Part 1/12 (1 of 12) - Intro

Rio De Janeiro: Brasil

This is a report, a guide and a collection of posts, not only just mine, that I found helpful or interesting. There are many contributors on the cityxguide.com that have an in depth knowledge of Brasil, I have attempted to incorporate some of their posts, a tiny portion, but posts I have felt are poignant. Some I have included because otherwise they would get buried. In short I wanted to create a resource where a first time visitor will be able to hit the ground running in Rio De Janeiro. I have also attempted to add some info that experienced mongers may find interesting.

A Note on prices: Inflation, while not out of control like it once was (think 1000% per year), is still quite high. It is currently running at just over 10%, hence if you read this report in 12 months the prices, in the local currency, is likely to be 10% higher.

A Note on ones own judgment: I personally think Nicole Kidman is a 6/10. However she often gets voted one of the most beautiful women in the world, hence many would rate her a 9/10. What does this have to do with mongering? Well it illustrates the point that different people have very different tastes. I currently love 4x4, other people may not. I may think a tall morena (brunette) with a nice small ass is just awesome, another man may think she is ordinary. It is all very individual. That is why I qualify my statements with IMHO (In my humble opinion).

Not sure if this is updated but you should find it on the net.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
    NY to Rio runs between 1000 - 16000 for airfare. Since 2011, it has been almost ipossible to find an apartment in Copa for under 75 bucks a night. I was just looking at flights last week in order to see the UFC in Rio and the tickets were about $1300 on average. (And that was for June which is considered winter time in Rio).

For Skynyrd. Yes!! The Brasilian women are 4 times hotter and the sex is 4 times better than anything you will ever get in the DR. But for the price.............
    http://www.rioapartmentrental.com/pr...search=&page=1

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by getrhythm View Post
    I second that. But you will spend money. On each of my four trips to Rio, I averaged between $4,000-$5,000 for 7-8 nights all in. But with Help gone, that removed a lot of my incentive for taking the plunge, and I haven't gone down since November of '08.

Even so, it's true that there's really no place like Rio, and something everyone should experience at least once.

I would still do Brazil on a backpackers budget of 200 a day lol

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Greetings

Just found out about the website and planning to go to Belize in May.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jungleland For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Dr in July

Whats good I'm new to this planning a trip to dr soon tryna see where it's at...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Itzkevo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,575 Times in 1,140 Posts

Re: Dr in July

Quote Originally Posted by Itzkevo View Post
    Whats good I'm new to this planning a trip to dr soon tryna see where it's at...
    Well... The Dominican Republic is south east of Cuba, located on the Isle of Hispanola, sharing with its ever so welcome Haitian neighbors.

If you are planning a July trip, I think it (the DR) still should be there...but you never know with the elections coming up in May what could happen.

Sorry man, you set yourself up for the okie doke. Welcome to our board.

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to balcoach For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Read the trip reports...this board has about all the information you need and tons of wisdom written down... You will have a great time and make lots of mistakes (part of the experience) as do all of us...

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 53,118 Times in 6,021 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by balcoach View Post
    Well... The Dominican Republic is south east of Cuba, located on the Isle of Hispanola, sharing with its ever so welcome Haitian neighbors.

If you are planning a July trip, I think it (the DR) still should be there...but you never know with the elections coming up in May what could happen.

Sorry man, you set yourself up for the okie doke. Welcome to our board.
    Italy has done wonders for your sense of humor.
    We don't catch feelings, we catch flights.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tarzan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 376 Posts

Re: Greetings

welcome. What's happening in Belize?

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tonto4 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

First time on here !

Just checking in . Finished my first trip to Sosua . Heard about this forum from Rawdog and decided to join. Don't even remember his real name but he was very informative and let me know about ISOC. He said he posts often . I had an OK trip for my first time. I have not decided whether i will return or not . Need to brush up on my Spanish. I will keep reading.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to johnjoe247 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Re: First time on here !

Quote Originally Posted by johnjoe247 View Post
    Just checking in . Finished my first trip to Sosua . Heard about this forum from Rawdog and decided to join. Don't even remember his real name but he was very informative and let me know about ISOC. He said he posts often . I had an OK trip for my first time. I have not decided whether i will return or not . Need to brush up on my Spanish. I will keep reading.
    Welcome to ISOC.

You had just an OK trip? Man, how does that happen? Learning more Spanish will definitely add to your options and the experience. I have to ask did something go drastically wrong that put a damper on the quality of your trip? Most guys come back after that first trip and can't wait to return.

Please feel free to tell us about you trip. Sharing is caring.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,426 Times in 4,640 Posts

Yea I'm interested in hearing how a trip to Sosua was just "ok".
    and the "I might return?" most guys have the return date booked before they leave
    Please tell us about your stay.
    Helping the 3rd world economy, one chica at a time !!!

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Skynyrd For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,334 Times in 6,472 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnjoe247 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    Welcome to ISOC.

You had just an OK trip? Man, how does that happen? Learning more Spanish will definitely add to your options and the experience. I have to ask did something go drastically wrong that put a damper on the quality of your trip? Most guys come back after that first trip and can't wait to return.

Please feel free to tell us about you trip. Sharing is caring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skynyrd View Post
    Yea I'm interested in hearing how a trip to Sosua was just "ok".
    and the "I might return?" most guys have the return date booked before they leave
    Please tell us about your stay.
    Welcome to the board. I think its safe to say we would like to hearr about your trip after you made that comment about it being ok and also that you don't know if you will return or not. That's definitely not how I remember my first time so I'm curious to know what made your first time so ordinary.

In sosua you don't really need too much spanish and over time you will learn the stuff you need to know to be there.

Hope to see you around more and hopefully you get info off the board that makes your next trip much more fun and memorable.
    Last edited by Dave Diaz; 04-25-2012 at 11:50 PM.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

New to the site and headed to Sosua

Just introducing myself. Been to Brazil and Costa Rica already. Looking forward to adding DR to the list.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sneed78 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Re: New to the site and headed to Sosua

Welcome to ISOC!

You'll find plenty of good information on the site, even more so if you buy a subscription (relatively small $'s).

Why don't you tell us a little about some of your trips? We enjoy stories here and even more so if you have pics to go along with it.

Welcome aboard.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hello Hola

buenos dias a todo

goood morning
    Hello

40. The Following User Says Thank You to pv197722-15 For This Useful Post:

Thread Information