Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Latinos

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Re: Latinos

Quote Originally Posted by DCIronman View Post
    You took the words right out of my mouth. Sosua has always existed solely to fleece the gringos. From the family tourists to the mongers.

The only thing that has changed is the type of guy that goes there. The new WW doesn't really care about getting fleeced. So the chicas don't even have to bother with subtlety anymore.

Very true. Compared to major cities in the US and Canada they think they are getting a bargain and don't know any better.
    Enjoy it while you can.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,542 Times in 5,678 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by balcoach View Post
    The good thing about my "dominican" or "puta" or "calle" spanish, as it has been referred to me as in the past, it is well accepted once you get off of pedro clisante and into the pueblos and barrios and campo's of my segunda hogar!
    Exactly. For every PC regular that blows you off "por que tu sabes mucho" ... your world is open to 1000x whom others can never dream of striking up a great deal with.
    Bitch you wasn't with me shootin' in the gym ...

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to JuanElGriego For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DCIronman View Post
    You took the words right out of my mouth. Sosua has always existed solely to fleece the gringos. From the family tourists to the mongers.

The only thing that has changed is the type of guy that goes there. The new WW doesn't really care about getting fleeced. So the chicas don't even have to bother with subtlety anymore.
    Well that must be it right there,. they dont even have to hide it now ?.
    So you are saying before they used to "pretend" that if someone spoke spanish that they enjoyed the banter in their native tongue, and NOW the guys speaking fluent spanish are a nuisance to them ?

Or , (and this is my interpretation) .. IF the guy is speaking and understanding too much DOMINICAN spanish (ie slang terms) then you are just too much trouble for them to try to fleece ... and I have heard this from a few chicas, and dudes as well, if you know too much "dominican SLANG" , and as you guys know Dominicans especially YOUNG Dominicans, seem to pride themselves on being able to talk spanish in front of you, even if you spoke proper spanish, and you wont know what they are talking about.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,382 Times in 13,907 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robert13212 View Post
    Very true. Compared to major cities in the US and Canada they think they are getting a bargain and don't know any better.
    And worse, they're the majority.

It makes for a lot of "shakin' my head" moments.

It's become a "Look how much I spent" rather than a "Look what a deal I got" mentality.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,060 Times in 697 Posts

Great intel.

I am not surprised that reydel motors/bar is closed. Never saw many people in there, and the prices for the motorcycle rentals were high..and he wouldn't budge. I was with a guy once who on a whim was gonna rent 4 of them for all of us in the villa from about 3pm to 8pm. He offered half of the full day rate, and the owner said no. Those bikes never moved during the whole trip.

Never saw many people in the bar.. But I was "friendly" with the bartenders. I hope they can find new jobs. They all had WU boyfriends..lol.. So I'm sure they will be alright.

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to mrblackluv For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    So you are saying before they used to "pretend" that if someone spoke spanish that they enjoyed the banter in their native tongue, and NOW the guys speaking fluent spanish are a nuisance to them ?

Or , (and this is my interpretation) .. IF the guy is speaking and understanding too much DOMINICAN spanish (ie slang terms) then you are just too much trouble for them to try to fleece ... and I have heard this from a few chicas, and dudes as well, if you know too much "dominican SLANG" , and as you guys know Dominicans especially YOUNG Dominicans, seem to pride themselves on being able to talk spanish in front of you, even if you spoke proper spanish, and you wont know what they are talking about.
    Imagine if you will, that you're a hooker for a second. In this corner, you have Mr. "Hyuk Hyuk", who just got off the plane, making it rain.

In the other corner, you got a guy throwing spanish around, and drinking a beer, watching the proceedings.

Which one would you head for?

12. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Something a phrase I always heard a lot when I used to live in Sosua, was "you know too much" always spoken by the Dominicanas in broken english. Cause they knew the game they were trying to play, and the one that got over on most gringos, wasn't getting over on me. There was some respect from some of them about that (as back then they always said it while chuckling a bit), cause they had met their match, but as you say and probably the predominant feeling from most dominicanas up there now, is one of disdain, because they aren't getting what they want from you, so why bother with you when there are so many others from whom they can get exactly what they want.

Can't really blame them much as Robert said, after all the knowledgeable monger approaches them the same way, if you find one that doesn't want to play ball with you, knowing that there are so many others willing to play ball the way you want to, you just move on to the next.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Imagine if you will, that you're a hooker for a second. In this corner, you have Mr. "Hyuk Hyuk", who just got off the plane, making it rain.

In the other corner, you got a guy throwing spanish around, and drinking a beer, watching the proceedings.

Which one would you head for?
    Is this a trick question?

So with all of this being said, are we agreeing that occasionaly some Dominicans do actually use logic/ business sense?

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    The prey though thinks that they are actually the hunters and are getting over, they have no idea. But as long as they are happy, so be it. Can't believe how many guys are happily overpaying regularly, which is cool, but then to brag about it, I just don't get it.
    You have to understand their mentality ... the guys many laugh at for paying $100 to fuck a pretty chick are laughing cuz back home that's about an hour's worth of drinks and tips at a strip joint with nothing but blue balls to show for it.

They could give a flying fuck that similar pussy can be had for $35 less elswhere on the island or if they were better able to communicate with the girl.

For every dude on here who'll go back and forth with a chick over 500 pesos, there's a bunch of dudes thinking fuck this i'm on a 3-day vacation and like 2 Chainz said, "i'd rather spend money baby i don't spend time".

If these dudes are messing up the game for you, that's on you for still being at the tadpole stage in mongering after countless trips.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Irie View Post
    Is this a trick question?

So with all of this being said, are we agreeing that occasionaly some Dominicans do actually use logic/ business sense?

You see there it is, so many guys go down there thinking all the people and chicas are stupid, simply because they don't have book knowledge, or can't spell well, but those same chicas regularly twist guys that have plenty of money, businesses, travel all the time, right around their lovely little fingers. Just look at how many chicas got guys all over the world paying for their life styles, sending WU, renting apts for them, etc. just because they gave them a little taste, truth be told those young ladies would be fucking anyhow, but they would be fucking their local tigre for food, and maybe a couple hundred pesos.

But instead they got these worldly foreigners paying them premimum coin for their pum, pum; taking them to restuarants they would never go to by their own means. Taking them to fancy resorts, having them live with them in thier villas, buying them jeepetas or motos. And of course having multiple guys sending them WU every single month.

Yeah they are dumb, ........dumb like a fox.

By the way when you look at it from this perspective what does that say about the foreign gringos???

Thanks

By the way when you look at it from this perspective what does that say about the foreign gringos???
    It says something we all know .... good pussy will turn the smartest man into the biggest fool.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JuanElGriego View Post
    You have to understand their mentality ... the guys many laugh at for paying $100 to fuck a pretty chick are laughing cuz back home that's about an hour's worth of drinks and tips at a strip joint with nothing but blue balls to show for it.

They could give a flying fuck that similar pussy can be had for $35 less elswhere on the island or if they were better able to communicate with the girl.

For every dude on here who'll go back and forth with a chick over 500 pesos, there's a bunch of dudes thinking fuck this i'm on a 3-day vacation and like 2 Chainz said, "i'd rather spend money baby i don't spend time".

If these dudes are messing up the game for you, that's on you for still being at the tadpole stage in mongering after countless trips.
    I've offended you.....goood

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

Nah. I don't believe that spanish slang makes you sound more dominican (to the chicas, or anyone else). It just makes you sound like a gringo who learned their spanish from putas and motoconchos. A hardcore chica that is out to fleece a gringo isn't going to care whether you speak spanish like a tigre or a local that's had some education. She's probably not going to want to deal with you. Not when there's plenty of "como estas" and "hola mami" gringos around.

If Uncle Ruckus speaks spanish like he writes english, then I really don't see him using a whole lot of slang and bad grammer. Yet some sosua puta still didn't want to deal with him because he was dominican and probably knows the game. It's what she perceives that he knows, not how he talks, that influenced her.

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

good pussy will turn the smartest man into the biggest fool.
    I never heard that before but thats a great fuckin line...

I thought I was the only guy to get the line, you know too much... Or you know mucho... Alot of shit the regulars are saying here happened to me as well... Nice to know we all have something in common... i almost thought I was special... lol

Tigeraso fo life.. lol

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I actually do understand their mentality and you are right, it used to be my mentaility as well, but it isn't any longer. But understand it sure do, although mostly in a different realm. Well not different for your stripper example, cause as been documented many times on the pages of this board spent tons of money in strip joints in my life.

But also in my practical life, I was always the guy that when friends or my wife would say do it yourself when there was something to be done around the house, I simply would get on the phone and call a handyman or whoever to do the work, I rather pay someone than to waste my time doing it myself. Not exactly the same but from the same type of mentality.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,406 Times in 78,293 Posts

Those are also the same guys that will never go on a month long vacation in their life.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 34,226 Times in 2,769 Posts

I always shake my head when I see somebody going back and forth over 500 pesos. At today's exchange rate, that is not even $13. Maybe some guys get off on bartering, I don't.

If a chica is asking for 500 pesos more than I offered and I think the price is still relatively fair, I will pay the extra 500 pesos. If I think that the extra 500 pesos is not a fair price, I say no AND END THE CONVERSATION. My vacation time is too valuable to debate over $13 dollars.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dquick View Post
    I always shake my head when I see somebody going back and forth over 500 pesos. At today's exchange rate, that is not even $13. Maybe some guys get off on bartering, I don't.

If a chica is asking for 500 pesos more than I offered and I think the price is still relatively fair, I will pay the extra 500 pesos. If I think that the extra 500 pesos is not a fair price, I say no AND END THE CONVERSATION. My vacation time is too valuable to debate over $13 dollars.
    Life in general is too valuable to negotiate a price for toto.

Not only that, it sets the stage for disagreements later. Either folks are on the same page, or they ain't.

If they ain't, keep walking.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Life in general is too valuable to negotiate a price for toto.

Not only that, it sets the stage for disagreements later. Either folks are on the same page, or they ain't.

If they ain't, keep walking.

In a perfect world yeah....... unfortunately often times you think you are on the same page, only to find out later you are not.

In my opinion lack of negotiation sets the stage often times, for disagreements later, just sayin

31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

In a perfect world yeah....... unfortunately often times you think you are on the same page, only to find out later you are not.

In my opinion lack of negotiation sets the stage often times, for disagreements later, just sayin
    Of course it's possible..

But, to clarify what I'm saying a little further: You see a girl you like, ask her how much, she tells you. Either you agree, or you don't.

If you agree, grab her hand and go. If you don't, keep moving.

Example: You see one you think you have to have. She throws 3000 at you, and you think she's only worth 1500. Don't start negotiating a price. Just smile, say "some other time" and walk away.

If you think 3000 is good, because she is sooo hot, well...... like the man says, "It's your money"

I negotiate a lot of things, but never time with a woman.

I don't need any woman bad enough to pay silly prices.
    Last edited by MrHappy; 06-20-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information